Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
US$418
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$255
Loews Hotels
US$241
US$404
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The room quality is way beyond part for a Crowne Plaza who is one of the higher end hotels in the IHG brand. Everything was dirty and old inside the room. The noise at night time was really loud, midnight a crazy family yelling in the hallway for about 15 mins and slamming the door left and right then 2am a bunch of guys decides to do the samething.

I was under employee rate but next time if they are the only one available I will just pay more money to go somewhere else.

Only plus about this hotel is that the staff are very friendly and they were all very good and the room service was good too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank west_coast22
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that you found our hotel staff helpful and accommodating. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the noise at our property as well as amenities that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'm on my second night at this place and the internet connection has ranged from extremely slow to non-existant since I arrived. It has been unusable for hours at a time. If you care about internet access, you must NOT stay here.

Besides that, there are stains and marks on the walls and furniture, and a small red stain on the bed covers. The elevators are all scuffed up and one of them rattles and shakes loudly when it moves. I was riding it with a stranger and we just looked at each other and laughed nervously.

It's also very noisy in my room. Anything going on in the hall is very audible, and I can hear TV and talking in the next room. There is a tiny sign on the door of my room asking me to "prevent it from slamming". Sure enough, the doors make a loud bang if you let them close on their own.

Completely unacceptable for the $134/night I spent.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with our WiFI and Housekeeping Department. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We sincerely hope you will consider the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West again upon your next trip to Philadelphia

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a conference in July. It was a very accommodating location for a large group. As a single female, I was offered a room in the female only wing with extra security. I ate a couple of meals in the restaurant which were very good.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family and I booked this hotel through hotwire. The star rating is most certainly inaccurate. We checked in and the staff was very friendly. The indoor pool was convenient and a nice addition to an otherwise outdated property. Our mattresses were both sagging and in severe need of replacement. Our room and bathroom was clean but nowhere near what we expected for a 3 star property, We stayed in a 2 stay hotel the night before and the accommodations were much more comfortable. This hotel is no for you if you have back problem. We were barely able to move in the morning sleeping on almost springs all night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with our Housekeeping & Engineering Departments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I traveled to Philadalphia to visit a relative in hospice care this month. Because we could not confirm how many days we might stay, the hotel made a two-day reservation with a late day check out option on the second day. The Crown Plaza offered this option and a special rate for a king room as a "hospital rate" which was a new term to us. We were very appreciative and would recommend this hotel if you need to stay on this side of Philadelphia ( it is outside of the city).

The location of the hotel is next to a small shopping center with a Target store as the anchor and a few restaurants. There is also a Friday's in the front of the hotel's parking lot and parking seems to get tight in the evenings as the restaurant crowd competes for parking spaces.

The room was as described and we were in a "secure" wing of our floor where they provided snacks and fruit each day and the key card was needed to enter the hallway. The hotel staff seems very well trained and veterans of the property. We did not eat in the restaurant, but i did have breakfast the last morning. I arrived just as the buffet opened and have to say that the food was not great; bland eggs, salty hash browns and very under-cooked bacon.

Still, a pleasant stay in difficult circumstances and I would recommend this hotel if it fits your destination needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

It is a pleasure to note that you had an overall satisfactory stay and that you particularly appreciated the service of our staff. However we are sorry that you were disappointed with your Breakfast experience . Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback and it is valuable reviews from our guests that enable us to improve & continue offering our guests quality service. We look forward to welcoming you back again.