“Perfect for my brief stay”

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
Ranked #63 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Perfect for my brief stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I arrived after midnight and checked out by 7 a.m. in order to attend a nearby event. As a solo female traveler and a light sleeper, I welcomed the designated women's wing which has extra security precautions as well as a quiet zone--what a great idea! It was so quiet all night, I could have heard a pin drop.
The bed was pretty firm and felt like it was brand new -- very comfortable. The micro fridge was a nice touch. The energy efficient lighting leaves a little to be desired, but overall, the room was clean and comfortable and the rate I got was very reasonable for a city property. I would definitely stay here again.
I did not eat at the property so I can't comment on the quality of the food or service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank njnjnj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Okinawa, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This was one of the hotels suggested by the group running the training I went to and for the discounted rate it was a reasonable deal. If I was coming to Philly to see the sites this wouldn't have been my first choice for a place to stay but because of its close proximity to the training location it was the right choice for my trip. Yes, the hotel is a bit older but the room I was in on the 6th floor had comfy beds (and great pillows), an adequate bathroom, and good wifi connection. It was pretty loud on a couple nights until late at night from several wedding parties and who knows what else but the noise (cheering and happy yelling) seemed to be coming from out in front of the hotel as opposed to inside...

Ate at the hotel restaurant most mornings and the eggs Benedict was so tasty I had it every morning. The breakfast buffet did not look nearly as appetizing as my breakfast AND mine was less expensive. Sometimes in the morning the staff were a little slow to seat me but the rest of the time I had no complaints with the service. The hotel bar was decent with some great beer choices and Jason the bartender was wonderful and very personable.

There is a thrifty/dollar car rental attached to the hotel (but make reservations ahead of time since it's tiny). Later realized I probably didn't even need the car since the hotel shuttle takes you pretty much anywhere for free - you just need to catch a taxi back to the hotel.

Definitely not a 5 star hotel by any means but more than suitable for a 5 day business trip. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for my next training!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear f8wins,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The room quality is way beyond part for a Crowne Plaza who is one of the higher end hotels in the IHG brand. Everything was dirty and old inside the room. The noise at night time was really loud, midnight a crazy family yelling in the hallway for about 15 mins and slamming the door left and right then 2am a bunch of guys decides to do the samething.

I was under employee rate but next time if they are the only one available I will just pay more money to go somewhere else.

Only plus about this hotel is that the staff are very friendly and they were all very good and the room service was good too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank west_coast22
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that you found our hotel staff helpful and accommodating. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the noise at our property as well as amenities that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Travellers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Philly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'm on my second night at this place and the internet connection has ranged from extremely slow to non-existant since I arrived. It has been unusable for hours at a time. If you care about internet access, you must NOT stay here.

Besides that, there are stains and marks on the walls and furniture, and a small red stain on the bed covers. The elevators are all scuffed up and one of them rattles and shakes loudly when it moves. I was riding it with a stranger and we just looked at each other and laughed nervously.

It's also very noisy in my room. Anything going on in the hall is very audible, and I can hear TV and talking in the next room. There is a tiny sign on the door of my room asking me to "prevent it from slamming". Sure enough, the doors make a loud bang if you let them close on their own.

Completely unacceptable for the $134/night I spent.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with our WiFI and Housekeeping Department. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We sincerely hope you will consider the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West again upon your next trip to Philadelphia

Redlands, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a conference in July. It was a very accommodating location for a large group. As a single female, I was offered a room in the female only wing with extra security. I ate a couple of meals in the restaurant which were very good.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Brooklyn, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family and I booked this hotel through hotwire. The star rating is most certainly inaccurate. We checked in and the staff was very friendly. The indoor pool was convenient and a nice addition to an otherwise outdated property. Our mattresses were both sagging and in severe need of replacement. Our room and bathroom was clean but nowhere near what we expected for a 3 star property, We stayed in a 2 stay hotel the night before and the accommodations were much more comfortable. This hotel is no for you if you have back problem. We were barely able to move in the morning sleeping on almost springs all night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with our Housekeeping & Engineering Departments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I traveled to Philadalphia to visit a relative in hospice care this month. Because we could not confirm how many days we might stay, the hotel made a two-day reservation with a late day check out option on the second day. The Crown Plaza offered this option and a special rate for a king room as a "hospital rate" which was a new term to us. We were very appreciative and would recommend this hotel if you need to stay on this side of Philadelphia ( it is outside of the city).

The location of the hotel is next to a small shopping center with a Target store as the anchor and a few restaurants. There is also a Friday's in the front of the hotel's parking lot and parking seems to get tight in the evenings as the restaurant crowd competes for parking spaces.

The room was as described and we were in a "secure" wing of our floor where they provided snacks and fruit each day and the key card was needed to enter the hallway. The hotel staff seems very well trained and veterans of the property. We did not eat in the restaurant, but i did have breakfast the last morning. I arrived just as the buffet opened and have to say that the food was not great; bland eggs, salty hash browns and very under-cooked bacon.

Still, a pleasant stay in difficult circumstances and I would recommend this hotel if it fits your destination needs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
It is a pleasure to note that you had an overall satisfactory stay and that you particularly appreciated the service of our staff. However we are sorry that you were disappointed with your Breakfast experience . Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback and it is valuable reviews from our guests that enable us to improve & continue offering our guests quality service. We look forward to welcoming you back again.