Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
US$345
US$303
Home2.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2014

LOVE this hotel. Chose to use the dedicated women's floor since I didn't know the neighborhood and it was a friend and I traveling alone. It was wonderful. Can't say enough nice things. Free breakfast buffet was a nice plus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Susan,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We implemented the women's floor to give women the extra security and extra amenities. We are very happy that you found it so comfortable. Thank you for letting us know. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

In Philly for leisure and a brief meeting. Best part of hotel was friendly staff. Lobby, bar and restaurant are very nice. Room/hallway could use some updating. Breakfast was great. Happy hour at bar had good prices. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor has lounge with accesible food.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. It is important to us that our staff truly care about our guests needs. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my 4 children, mother and sister for 4 nights. We had two adjoining rooms which were on the small side but we're very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was very good although service was slow but they took 20% off for the inconvenience which we hadn't even complained about so I was impressed. The second time we went for breakfast they had stopped serving but an employee helped us find a local place that was great (katz deli). On our last day my kids wanted to use the pool but it was closed. The staff went in, cleaned it and opened it so we could use it before check out. They then extended our check out time so the kids could get more pool time. That meant a lot. Overall a very good experience. We don't travel a lot but if I ever come back, I'll definitely stay here. One note: we drove so we had a car - it's pretty far from the "city". But the target, starbucks, and restaurants around are very convenient especially for a family. Oh and the pedestrian bridge over the street is fun!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Laura,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that your children enjoyed their time and were able to use the pool. We pride ourselves on a caring staff, and we are all looking forward to having your family back with us.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was in Philly for the AERA conference and stayed at this hotel instead of staying downtown. I consider myself a fair reviewer, so here it goes:

1. The front desk attendants were AWESOME. Everyone was very nice and attentive. The one lady even called my by name when she saw me a few days later! I thought that was nice. Also, the guy at the front who was getting cabs was SOOOO on point. He had cabs within 5 minutes!! Every time he saw me he asked if I was ok or needed anything. Nice touch.

2. I was in what they called the "Women's Only" section which I thought was nice. Aside from someone setting off the alarm at least 3 times a day I thought it was a quiet, comfortable stay.

3. The rooms were clean - and I am very picky about cleanliness. It had a "hotel smell" but that seemed to come from age. I don't know if it is policy for the room attendants to not clean the tubs, but they did not. I could tell because my shower did not drain properly so my residue from the day was still in the shower...each time I took it. I stayed 6 days....

4. Would could be the "bad" experience was in the restaurant. The hostess was very nice but I never got served!!! Luckily I had the breakfast buffet, so I didn't have to place an order. No one came to my table or anything! I had to go to the bar to get a refill on my water. The weird part is I asked for some ketchup from a server walking by, got it, then the guy who gave me the ketchup said he didn't know he was supposed to be my server......

Overall it was not a bad trip. The Target, Starbucks, and California Pizza Kitchen next door was convenient too!

If I should be in Philly again, I wouldn't mind staying here again. Hopefully the front desk and the bellman (black guy with glasses!) are still there when I come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Shannon,
Thank you for giving us such detailed feedback about your trip. It was a pleasure having the AERA attendees with us. Thank you for recognizing the staff. The Front Office team is constantly focused on making sure our guests enjoy their stay, and they will be pleased to hear that you appreciated their efforts. I have passed your comments along regarding the room cleanliness to our director of housekeeping. It is important that every area of your room is cleaned properly daily, and I apologize for the oversight on your tub. I would also like to apologize for your experience in the restaurant. Such an encounter is appalling, and we will be addressing the situation with our restaurant staff. Thank you again, Shannon, for your comments. We hope to see everyone back again next year.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was here for a business trip and the location was terrific....close to where I needed to be plus several restaurants nearby as well as a Target for all those forgotten items! Desk staff super nice and loved the restaurant. Breakfast buffet each AM had some of best made to order scrambled eggs I have had in a long time. Enjoyed staying on the women's floor....really nice extras and quiet hallway. My only complaint was that the bed was somewhat hard but slept OK anyway. Super great A/C....can't stand to be in stuffy room and so this was a nice plus. Nice robe and fluffy towels....decor very relaxing and lots of accessible plugs/free internet for getting some work done.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Jan,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you enjoyed the women's floor. We strive to provide those extra touches that make staying away from home that much more comfortable. I will be sharing your comments with our Front Desk and Food and Beverage team. Thank you again, and we look forward to having you back with us soon.