Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
US$214
US$174
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Staff was nice. Called front desk for some linens and were brought fairly promptly. Also called for a taxi which arrived quickly. As far as sleeping, we had a team of young girls next to us which was very loud into the wee hours of the am. We missed the free breakfast so cannot comment on the quality. Good location with a Fridays out front. Not bad for what you get considering it is Philadelphia. Center City is usually costly.

Room Tip: away from others
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Purduetime,
I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our staff. it is our priority to ensure that our guests receive courteous and efficient service. I would like to apologize for the noise you experienced. We enforce a zero-tolerance noise policy on property, and our security staff is available 24 hours to handle any disturbances. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. We hope you will come by on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Good price, but everything else was average.
Staff were pretty friendly.
Rooms dated and needing a make over. Cleanliness was ok.
Not a great location for the city.
Oh they do offer a bus service into town, but not back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Craig,
Thank you for staying with us while you were in the city. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with our staff. We do have several options for getting to and from downtown including readily available taxi service and public transportation. Our shuttle service also transports guests to destinations outside of the city as well as downtown. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the property. Our maintenance team is actively improving our property product, and we will keep your comments in mind as we undertake future projects. We appreciated having you stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I rate hotels based on several factors, Cleaniness, Staff, Appearance, Accessibility, Area, Parking, Room Comfort, Housekeeping, and food/restaurant. I found the hotel to be fairly clean although the room carpets were a bit musty. The staff was very responsive and proffessional, but not genuinely warm and friendly. I did not find the apperance of the hotel very flattering. The inside needs a serious overhaul with old painted room doors and worn carpets. Access to and from the hotel can be somewhat stressful due to the high traffic conditions (I-76). I found the area to be a little noisy due to traffic conditions, but found a great spot with a collections of fast food restaurants (chipotle, starbucks, Calif Pizza) within walking distance. The parking was very good. I always found parking, but due to busy area I always took precautions. I found the room to be average. The bathroom shower had good water flow, blow dryer provided, floors and tiles were clean. The housekeeping staff was friendly and did a good job. All garbage containers were emptied , surfaces cleaned, carpet vacuumed on a daily basis. The hotel restaurant was not a great experience. I found it to be boring with little atmosphere. TGI Fridays across parking lot much better choice. I ordered wings which I found to be quite tasty.

Room Tip: King size, floors 5 and above due to folks with kids on lower floors, bus trips etc
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your letting us know about the details of your stay. We truly appreciate the feedback. I was sorry to hear that you did not feel that the staff was warm and friendly. We focus on employing and growing staff that genuinely care about our guests and their needs. Thank you for recognizing the housekeeping staff. They strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable environment that exceeds our guests' expectations. Our maintenance team has taken note of your comments regarding the property. We will certainly be keeping them in mind as we continue to make improvements to the property. Thank you for staying with us in Philadelphia and sharing your experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hi I visited recently for a family wedding - rest of the party stayed in Hilton round the corner, but I choose Crowne for free wifi and parking. Well no problem with the wifi, parking on the other hand was a joke, I had read about this before, but never realised it would be a problem when seeing the size of the car park - when an event is going on forget it!!! Yes its free, but I think hotel residence should get some preference, on our last day the security guard kindly let us double park to bring our suitcases out - very nice of him. TGI on doorstep fab, broken Jacuzzi not good!!! But the bed was lovely and comfy, so was a bonus when you could park to get in. Watch your bill we had a few extras added, which was removed once checked - staff pleasant. Room nice and clean - few noisy kids on our floor their chaperone obviously not working properly, other than that nice stay...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We understand your frustration with the parking. We did experience an unusually large volume of congestion in the parking lot last weekend, and we posted security outside and blocked off the back section of the lot to limit that space to our guest room patrons. I am sorry to hear that incorrect charges were posted to your bill. It is important that our guest's charges are properly handled, and I am glad to hear that your concerns were quickly resolved. Here are Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West we strive to provide a friendly staff with a focus on guest service. We are glad you enjoyed your time in Philadelphia and hope we will get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nice hotel close to family we were visiting. It's beginning to show it's age and is a little on the expensive side for what you get, but then it's a big city hotel and they're always more expensive.
The check in was very slow...waited over 10 minutes and only 1 person was at the desk and we were next in line. Finally another person arrived to help us. We ate at the restaurant twice. The first time the service was horrible and the food was mediocre at best. The second night we ate in the bar area since the restaurant portion was so cold they could also use it as a meat locker. Service was better the second night, but they could have used additional staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CPCA4100, Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Bob,
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to standards. We strive to ensure that every guests is offered quick, friendly, and quality service. I would like to personally apologize that you had to wait so long to check in. Such a wait is unacceptable, and we will be reviewing our communication systems to ensure that our desk staff has any assistance that they need promptly.

I would also like to apologize for the unacceptable service and food quality that you experienced in our restaurant. I have shared your comments with our Director of Food and beverage, and she is addressing the issues you encountered with our staff. We want our restaurant to be a relaxing place with high quality cuisine, and I want to thank you for letting us know about your experience.

I would like to assure you that this level of service is not typical of Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, and we hope we will have you back with us again.