“Prime location and ok value”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
Ranked #32 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York
“Prime location and ok value”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Ok value for the right price. Stayed a few times. Rooms are older. I guess it was clean enough. Breakfast is basic and ok edible. Free waters upon check in was a nice touch. Right in the heart of Philadelphia's famous "Gayberhood". Easy to get around from this location. For a decent price it could be well worth staying.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We are glad to hear that there was a balance to your stay. We are updating our rooms and meeting areas this spring, so we hope to see you back after we have completed the update.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Maryland
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel because of the location. The first time I stayed was not great, but I thought I would give it a second try. Everytime my partner and I stayed at this property, the front desk staff were very rude and unattentive. The room itself was nice, breakfast was good and even the hsk and breakfast staff were great. But I will not be going back to this property because the front staff was terrible.

Room Tip: Horrible customer service with front desk.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior guest service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for an extended weekend with my husband and a friend to attend a local convention. I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest, and close to the convention center. The hotel itself was not bad, I have no complaints. However, I reserved a room with a king sized bed before I knew my friend was going to be rooming with my husband and I. I called the hotel a few days before our reservation to inquire about having a cot placed in our room for our friend to sleep in. The person at the desk told me I would have to wait until I got there to request a cot. I asked for a cot when I got there and was told they had none available and that I could try to call back the next morning because they assumed someone would return a cot (even though I had already asked about one days prior). Of course, I called the next morning and there were still none available. Luckily, another friend let us borrow an air mattress they had brought (their hotel HAD cots, they did not need their air mattress). Other than this issue, the stay was uneventful. The location was key- within walking distance to the convention center, Broad Street (avenue of the arts, shopping, ect.), major transportation, Chinatown, and the Reading Terminal Market. I never tried the food or went to the pool. Parking was an issue- my husband paid a lot of money to park his car in a private lot on Broad street because we drove separately and he needed to leave early. I opted to park my car in West Philly and take the subway to 13th street (know the area and felt that my car would be safe- at it was).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior guest service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We do have rollaway beds available for guest use, but during the time of your stay there was a convention in Philadelphia with a very high percentage of rooms requiring rollaways and we apologize that due to the convention we could not honor your request for a rollaway.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is in a superb location for exploring the City. The rooms are a good size, clean and the hotel provides a splendid complimentary breakfast which is more than adequate for both Adults and Children.
Nothing was too much for the staff who would always go that little bit extra to deal with your concerns.
I have no difficulty in recommending a stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for letting us know the staff went above and beyond, and that you had such a great stay!
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Located near several restaurants and rooms have great views. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very comfortable beds and very little hallway noise or noise from adjacent rooms. Took me about 20 minutes to get to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for letting us know that is was a good place to stay and that you enjoyed yourself while at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We spent our summer family vacations traveling in U.S. We always stay at Holiday Inn hotels because are affordable, clean and well located. This hotel exceed my expectations. The staff is very friendly, the room very comfortable, the breakfast was very good and the staff was deeply friendly.
Beside of all, this HI is walking distance from main attractions in Historic Philadelphia, downtown, Reading Terminal Market and very well communicated to the rest of the city.
Also try the warmed water swimming pool. Good place for adults, kids & teens during summer

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
We are happy to hear that the Holiday Inn Express Midtown was a good part of the summer vacation fun! We are glad to be a part of the happy memories!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I attended the Army Navy Game and stayed here. The hotel is excellent very clean and kept clean the entire staff works extremely hard to keep the hotel that way. I will be back keep up the hard work.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, just ask. They will try to help you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
We will keep up the hard work, and keep things ready for your next visit. Thank you.