“Older but well maintained”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
Ranked #31 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Older but well maintained”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This is an older property as many downtown hotels are. It is well maintained and doesn't show much of its age. The service was good, the breakfast was above average. My room was clean and comfortable. The only negatives was the heat, it was either on full blast or off, the thermostat was broken. Also, the parking garage is a challenge. It's kind of like valet parking but a lot more challenging. But it's the city, it's what you expect to get at a downtown location.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank swandive208
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Sorry to hear that the HVAC was such a challenge, and the weather has been quite a suprise for us of late. It's good to hear that good points about your stay as well. Your comments on the garage will be shared with the Patriot Parking garage, and we do appreciate all that you had to say. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here 12/22/13 to 12/28/13 room (1002)
What A great location the front desk staff was great the room was clean and quiet We would like to thank Emily & Tiffany AT the front desk also Casey for helping us to our room since we had a lot of luggage and could not find a bellman. To Gary in security for always taking the time to give us directions to where we needed to go . To james in house keeping that I only meet once in the elevator for asking how our stay was and if we needed any thing all we had to do was ask to Mrs Catherin in the restaurant for just greeting us with a smile. This location is great there is a store across the street and every thing is within walking distance the parking was easy with in and out privlage thanks to all for a great stay We have been waiting along time to go away for the holidays and this hotel made it a great one for us We will be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank doug m
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
How wonderful your stay sounds, and thank you for sharing. It is great to hear how many of our employees positively impacted your time with us. We hope to see you again when you are in our area.
New York
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Ok value for the right price. Stayed a few times. Rooms are older. I guess it was clean enough. Breakfast is basic and ok edible. Free waters upon check in was a nice touch. Right in the heart of Philadelphia's famous "Gayberhood". Easy to get around from this location. For a decent price it could be well worth staying.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We are glad to hear that there was a balance to your stay. We are updating our rooms and meeting areas this spring, so we hope to see you back after we have completed the update.
Maryland
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel because of the location. The first time I stayed was not great, but I thought I would give it a second try. Everytime my partner and I stayed at this property, the front desk staff were very rude and unattentive. The room itself was nice, breakfast was good and even the hsk and breakfast staff were great. But I will not be going back to this property because the front staff was terrible.

Room Tip: Horrible customer service with front desk.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior guest service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for an extended weekend with my husband and a friend to attend a local convention. I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest, and close to the convention center. The hotel itself was not bad, I have no complaints. However, I reserved a room with a king sized bed before I knew my friend was going to be rooming with my husband and I. I called the hotel a few days before our reservation to inquire about having a cot placed in our room for our friend to sleep in. The person at the desk told me I would have to wait until I got there to request a cot. I asked for a cot when I got there and was told they had none available and that I could try to call back the next morning because they assumed someone would return a cot (even though I had already asked about one days prior). Of course, I called the next morning and there were still none available. Luckily, another friend let us borrow an air mattress they had brought (their hotel HAD cots, they did not need their air mattress). Other than this issue, the stay was uneventful. The location was key- within walking distance to the convention center, Broad Street (avenue of the arts, shopping, ect.), major transportation, Chinatown, and the Reading Terminal Market. I never tried the food or went to the pool. Parking was an issue- my husband paid a lot of money to park his car in a private lot on Broad street because we drove separately and he needed to leave early. I opted to park my car in West Philly and take the subway to 13th street (know the area and felt that my car would be safe- at it was).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior guest service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We do have rollaway beds available for guest use, but during the time of your stay there was a convention in Philadelphia with a very high percentage of rooms requiring rollaways and we apologize that due to the convention we could not honor your request for a rollaway.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is in a superb location for exploring the City. The rooms are a good size, clean and the hotel provides a splendid complimentary breakfast which is more than adequate for both Adults and Children.
Nothing was too much for the staff who would always go that little bit extra to deal with your concerns.
I have no difficulty in recommending a stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for letting us know the staff went above and beyond, and that you had such a great stay!
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Located near several restaurants and rooms have great views. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very comfortable beds and very little hallway noise or noise from adjacent rooms. Took me about 20 minutes to get to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for letting us know that is was a good place to stay and that you enjoyed yourself while at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown.