“Good hotel, Great Staff, Fantastic location”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
Ranked #27 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is right in the heart of the downtown, walking distance to many bars, restaurants and other places, check in was a breeze, I asked for a higher floor room so I could have a good view, they set me up on the 18th floor, room was a nice size, ton of space, the bathroom was a little cramped, but nothing to be fussed over. Microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are present. The parking with unlimited in and out privileges is $25 a day pretty reasonable. While I was here I did not want any housekeeping service but the housekeeper always said hello and asked me if I needed anything. While I didn't need anything, It was great to be greeted and asked.
The hotel seemed to be going through renovations, but it did not affect my stay at all, I over heard a staff member they were working on the 6th floor, so something to be mindful off.

Room Tip: Ask which floors are being renovated so you could avoid them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

It's good to hear that your requests were honored and that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. You covered all the bases, and the staff loves to hear that their efforts were noticed by our guests. Thank you. We are upgrading for better guest satisfaction and we strive to keep it from impacting on current stays at the hotel. Again, thank you for letting us know about your stay.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown

Reviewed 15 April 2014

stayed here during the frozen four hockey tournament last week. i would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Philadelphia. the staff was very friendly. the only request that we had during the stay was for a refrigerator in the room, and it was delivered in under 5 minutes. great location, there are probably 50 bars all within 2 miles of the hotel. I hope to visit Philadelphia again real soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We hope to welcome you back when you next visit Philadelphia, and to offer you a great place to stay while you do more exploring in the city! Glad to hear you had such a good time.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I visited here, unfortunately, during a week of some big event in Philly. I'm not sure what was going on but this was the only place in Philly with rooms less than $400. We had booked a 2 queen sized bed hotel. My girlfriend and I check in and they tell us that they messed up, but they'll either bring a cot up for us or give us $20 off. Okay so we have 4 people staying and ordered 2 queen beds for a reason, now you're giving us a cot? Okay we accept that. 2 hours later the cot finally comes, AFTER we called for it. Okay so they're busy I get it. The room was clean at least and the bed was acceptable.

I check out the bathroom, it's literally less than 6x6. The tiniest bathroom I've ever been in a hotel. I go to put our beer in a mini fridge, nope no mini fridge and only a VERY tiny bucket for ice. Oh boy.

On the way out we waited in the parking garage at the place to pay for 20 minutes before a VERY rude parking attendant talked nasty and condescendingly to us. I wanted to punch him in the face I was so pissed. Instead I walked away and let my girlfriend handle it.

Overall the place is the worst value hotel I've ever stayed in. Seriously $300 a night and you can't make sure we have the 2 beds we reserved? For $300 a night you couldn't put a cheap $100 mini fridge in there? I will not be staying here again unless necessary.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

I am sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay and appreciate you letting us know what happened. Our General Manager would like to speak with you directly in an effort to gain back your trust in our hotel, please send your contact information to midtown@himidtown.com.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The hotel is in a great location near all the amenities a city of Philadelphia size would have to offer. The building is showing its age, a lot of the furniture seems to be late-90. The overnight parking rate is excellent. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful during both check in and checks out. Plan on staying here again, its about the location, location, location.

Room Tip: The lower rooms do not have much of a view, so request anything above the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We are glad to hear that you loved our location Thank you so much for letting us know that the people were pleasant and helpful during your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back so that you can check out the views from higher up. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed a few days while a family member was a patient at Jefferson Hospital, Very close to the hospital. Room was clean, but walls are a bit thin. Friendly front desk and housekeeping service. Safe area of the city. Walking distance to many dining, shopping, and tourist options. Self parked in their garage, but needed help getting out (limited space, so I got boxed in). Breakfast "buffet" was included, but nothing to get too excited about. They put out scrambled eggs daily, once with some awful fake cheez-wiz like sauce. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, biscuits, bagels, donuts, and various meats also available. The coffee was good, Try a half and half mix of the orange juice and mango infused water. Very tasty!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HIEXmidtown, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for you kind words about our staff and I am glad that we were a close fit to the Jefferson Hospital. We will also be happy to look into some other breakfast bar options in the future. Thank you again for staying with the Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is located near Historical Society of Pennsylvania, the Reading Terminal Markets and the Pennsylvania Convention Center. I stayed on the 12th Floor. The room was clean and comfortable. They offer a great breakfast-something for everyone!The housekeeping staff does a wonderful job. They make it so comfortable and easy . Gwen and Ashley at the Front desk were so very helpful -answering all my questions -they are amazing! Lots of people at the desk, the phone keeps ringing but everyone is treated with a genuine smile and top notch service. Everyone here works as a team to provide the best possible service to make your stay wonderful! Thank you! I will be back!

Room Tip: 12 th floor was great-I was there during St Pats weekend- crazy on the street-nice and quiet in my r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

On behalf of Gwen & Ashley and everyone here at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown, thank you the great review not only on the hotel, but on our teamwork. We love that you noticed!!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Room was nice, no refrigerator, 14th floor view of street, but the bathroom was terrible. Sink area was outside tub and toilet area and the toilet was so close to the wall and cramped that one could get hurt with the toilet paper holder. Our tub was not cleaned after use and plastic cups not replenished. We asked at the desk for real glasses and were told that the hotel did not have any real glasses, everything is served in plastic in a hotel urging conservation. The breakfast was fair, processed eggs but lots of other choices. Best thing about the hotel was location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary T
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

I apologize that you found some areas lacking during your stay and would like to reassure you that we work within IHG guidelines while we also work toward increasing our efforts to become more green. Thank you for your candid comments and we appreciate any opportunity to improve. Thank you.