Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
US$236
US$215
  • Free Internet
1,088 results
All reviewshi expressgreat locationwithin walking distancewalnut streetparking garagebreakfast roomjefferson hospitaloutdoor poolyogurtwould stay here againfree breakfast isliberty bellbreakfast barconvention centerhot breakfastfront desk staffhistorical sites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Our room was big and very clean; and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good for the price, although it could be better, but no complains since the basics are available. The staff are very nice and helpful. Over all, very good experience and I will stay here next time. I recommended it to you all.

• Stayed: March 2014
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

What a great description for your review. We appreciate that everything went so well for you and want to say thanks for letting us know!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It's a 25 minute ride on Septa from the airport to Suburban station (trains every 30 minutes). From there it's a 10 minute walk to the hotel. It's close to the gayborhood as well as many restaurants which open very late on weekends. I stayed on the 14th floor facing Walnut St. but wasn't bothered at all by the noise. The hotel locks the front doors after midnight. It's a good layer security. My room was spacious, but I could hear loud conversations next door. If I were to suggest one improvement it would be to have lamps with sockets. I wanted to keep my phone next to the bed and had to plug it into a multi socket adapter which already had three other wires going into it. The breakfast items included cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, bagels and pancakes as well as gluten-free bread. They're going through renovations, and I look forward to staying in one of their new rooms in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
HIEXmidtown, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you look forward to returning and checking up the changes to the guest rooms. You will be happy to know that the outlets are being updated to better fit with the needs of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights because of eye surgery at wills eye. Staff very accommodating. Rooms are spacious, undoing renovations. Should be much better when all is done! Breakfast was good, food was hot and staff kept up with refreshing. Our air conditioner did not work first night and told front desk if unable to fix we would need to change rooms. They were fine with this but were able to fix unit and second night was much more comfortable. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you! It's good to hear that the hotel suited your needs, and that the problem you did experience was corrected to your satisfaction. We hope you have the opportunity to see the refreshed rooms when they are completed. Again, thank you!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Ok, so don't expect a luxury hotel.

Having said that, the H-I Express Philadelphia does exactly what it is supposed to do and does it well. Very convenient central location, good size rooms, well managed property. Check-in was a little chaotic (several groups arrived at the same time) and I would have appreciated a separate Priority Club (IHG rewards club) desk for Platinum members. Once I got someone's attention, the process was pleasant and efficient.

Rooms offer plenty of space, are generally quiet, housekeeping is good.

Convenient parking on-site (but - when we visited - managed by a different company, meaning any 'special requests' - did not want to leave my keys - are down to an individual's own bargaining skills...)

Breakfast is a slight let down, mainly because of the poor lay-out of the area. A lot of bumping into other guests, a lot of unnecessary 'dancing around'. Could improve by making (slight) changes to the layout.

Overall, happy to have chosen this hotel and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HIEXmidtown, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you so much for your rave review, it was well balanced and I believe covered all the bases. We appreciate knowing how we impacted your stay with us, and the areas we could strive for better.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed two nights on business at this mid-town hotel. I got a great government rate, so I don't know what the regular price is. The location was perfect--walking distance to restaurants, shops, the convention center, and Reading Terminal Market (fun for foodies). The breakfast (included in the rate) was decent and included hot items like oatmeal and eggs as well as the standard cereal, juice, and coffee. The room was spacious and comfortable, though I was surprised to hear street noise on the 18th floor. My only complaint was that the "business center" turned out to be separate computers in the lobby and breakfast area. It wasn't the usual setup, but everything worked fine and there was no extra charge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HIEXmidtown, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Love to see you come back and hope your next visit is soon. We did not originally have a room to house a business center, so we tried to make it as accessible as possible for our guests. Thank you for letting us know it worked well for you.