In terms of location it's great. You are a few blocks from the most attractive places in Philly: Liberty bell, City Hall, Museum of art etc...You can walk almost evrywhere in downtown Philadelphia.
HOWEVER, the hotel doesen't deserve the name Holiday Inn for many reasons:
1) I booked this hotel 3 weeks before my stay and they already charged my credit card (the whole amount). Therefore I basically had to pay the hotel 20 days before my arrival!!!
2) When I arrived they wanted to charge me $10 dollars more from the amount that I paid. I had to show them my printed copy of the receipt in order to clear it out.
3) The hotel people (especially those in reception are very unfriendly and rude). You will notice that from the first moment you will arrive.
And one good thing: The breakfast is free and taste good. Don't expect to see of cource any sausage or bacon...
CONCLUSION: If you plan to go to Philadelphia for having good time re-think again if this hotel is good for you. Especially if you plan to spend time inside the hotel (rooms are old and smelly).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Downtown Philadelphia has to offer at the convenient, clean and comfortable Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia. In the heart of Center City, you will have access to shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Midtown is within walking distance to various historic sites including: Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and the Betsy Ross House. Our hotel is convenient to many other attractions including the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the Avenue of the Arts, Philadelphia's Restaurant Row, Penn's Landing, Philadelphia Zoo and Museum area. A short subway ride away are professional sports venues: Lincoln Financial Field, Wachovia Center, and Citizens Ball park. Getting there is fast and convenient. Easy access to all major highways and only 8 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport, you ll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to Philadelphia to do. Whether you re coming to Philadelphia for business or pleasure, rest assured your room at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia is your personal retreat. Relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as free High-Speed Wireless Internet throughout the hotel, Complimentary Hot Breakfast Bar, Outdoor Pool, 32 LCD/HD TV s and comfortable bedding means every night is a great night and every day starts right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Midtown Hotel Philadelphia