Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
The Bellevue Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
Alexander Inn(Philadelphia)
1,088 results
All reviewshi expressgreat locationwithin walking distancewalnut streetparking garagebreakfast roomjefferson hospitaloutdoor poolyogurtwould stay here againfree breakfast isliberty bellbreakfast barconvention centerhot breakfastfront desk staffhistorical sites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2007

This is a nice hotel. The location was great. Within walking
distance to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Our room
was clean and spacious. We paid around 115.00 for one
night and thought we got a good deal. We actually liked the
area a lot better than we thought we would. We had read the
area was bland, but we thought it was just fine. We felt pretty safe in the hotel and the surrounding area. We would stay
here again. The AAA rate is awesome. Don't miss the Betsy Ross house. It was a lot of fun.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank goodadvise
Reviewed 15 March 2007

Great location and excellent price but most of the staff couldn't have cared less.

When we checked in we noticed a strong odor - like baby powder. We assumed someone had gotten over zealous with air freshener and turned on air-handling system to clear out the smell. When we came back to room at around 6 pm it still smelled so we called to front desk. They said they were all booked up and to call housekeeping which we did. But no one responded by 10 pm. Next morning we called housekeeping again. They said they'd be up within 10 minutes. We waited half hour then went to breakfast. We requested new room and did get moved - to a room with a very loud air-handling system. Housekeeping did show up eventually - they were in the room when we came back from breakfast.

Rooms were clean but common areas were not. Good continental breakfast.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank cjohn416
Reviewed 28 February 2007

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. The location cannot be beat, especially at the price. The rooms have always been clean, and the breakfast is decent. However, most of my dealings with the staff have been less than pleasant. Most of the people I've dealt with don't seem too concerned with customer service. I've had to wait several times for personal conversations to wrap up to get any assistance. I was once told there were no vending machines in the hotel, and then I found some on my own. When snowed in, I had to stay an extra night and they tried to charge me double for the second night what I'd paid for the first night. When I complained, it didn't seem to be a problem to actually charge me half the extortionist rate, so I guess they were just hoping to rip me off?

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with friends
2  Thank Penguin07
Reviewed 13 January 2007

We just stayed at this hotel last week. We were in the city and decided to stay last minute and the front desk people were able to accomondate us which was great. I was even able to get a cheaper price because we checked in after 8 PM. For such short notice the room was really nice. The breakfast was great too! The only thing that I did not like was the parking that was connected to the hotel. The ticket that you use to exit the parking lot would not work and the attendant on duty accused me of not paying. When I proved that the ticket was paid for he threw it at me. You have to pay for parking seperatly so park somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank rhanni
Reviewed 27 December 2006

An excellent value in a central location. Certainly the wise choice for a business trip to Philadelphia, and a good choice for a family looking for value. Very good breakfast choices for a continental breakfast, large rooms with good work area, and convenient to all downtown sites.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LFA