“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I were looking for a nice easy get away for our 10th Anniversary and chose the Hyatt. We have a corner king room with waterfront views. Everything was perfect -- the room, the service, the location. We even got a great recommendation for a restaurant in Old City from the waiter in the hotel restaurant. We will definitely be returning

1 Thank Orren S
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Greetings Orren S,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing. We are so happy you were able to enjoy your anniversary stay with us and we will be sure to recognize our staff for the amazing service they provide. We hope you will join us on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Korean first
Egg Harbor Township
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Overnight stay in a waterfront room. Furniture in the room wasn't in the best of shape (nicks in tables). However the bedding and cabinetry for the plasma were updated. Pillows were extremely comortable.
Bathroom tub and lower part of counter were dated but clean. Lighting in the bathroom wasn't the best.
While the hotel wasn't that impressive for me, the service from the staff was. From the doorman and valet attendent to the check-in and check-out employees at the front desk, they said all the right things to make a customer feel welcomed. Extremely professional, accommodating, and well-trained in customer service.

1 Thank LMVR7
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel in great location to down town historical district. Short walking distance to South Street which has something for everyone, the Liberty Bell and lots more. Nice view of the Delaware river and the New Jersey shoreline.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the water
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Greetings Steve H,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide positive feedback on your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing. We are thrilled you chose our location for you stay in Philadelphia. We often hear enthusiastic about our location and how convenient we are to the historical district and sightseeing activities. We hope you will return on your next stay in Philly to the Hyatt Regency.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I recently stayed at this Hyatt on a business trip. I just have to say that the service from the concierge desk was unparalleled.

Just in general, I have a great deal of respect for folks who have a true passion for their profession no matter if they’re a doctor, teacher, mechanic or concierge. This type of passion was apparent in my experience with David at the concierge desk.

Being an out of towner, I simply asked if there was a restaurant within walking distance to grab a Philly cheesesteak. Here are the Cliffnotes version of the answer I received:

Yes, there are two places you can pick from (pulled out a map and outlined the locations)
Asked me if I preferred the slightly healthier option of the two
Since I opted for the “less greasy” cheesesteak he recommended Ishkabibbles
He knew that they steamed the steak with water on the grill vs. using oil
He recommended that since seating is limited, I can grab my sandwich to go, walk 2 ½ blocks northwest to a beautiful park he outlined on the map and have an impromptu picnic
Also advised there was some cool, eclectic shopping in the area which I ended up taking full advantage of
He recommended that after lunch, I can walk across the street to the Curtis Center to see (for free) an incredible Tiffany, stained glass mural called the “Dream Garden” (it is literally 15 x 49 feet). Even knew that Steve Wynn tried to purchase the piece from the city for one his Las Vegas hotels but the city refused to sell it.

He basically turned my simple cheesesteak request into a perfect afternoon, experiencing Philadelphia.

Can’t say enough about this incredible level of service.

This experience wasn’t a one-time fluke either. The day before I had asked if there was a health club in the area that offered open gym for basketball. Although he didn’t know off the top of his head, he was immediately on the phone with several clubs/gyms in the area. Even the guy standing next to him was working the phones at the same time because he overheard my request.

I’ve always had good luck with Hyatts in the past, but my experience here has made me a Hyatt fan for life.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for going out of your way to share your extensive feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that the concierge consistently exceeded your expectations and provided such a high level of service. I will make sure that David is recognized for the excellent job he did and that he knows what a difference his efforts made in your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again on your next trip to Philadelphia.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel has a nice view of the river, and the bridge looks pretty when lit up at night. The bed was comfortable, the shower was great, the staff was friendly and helpful, the food was good, and the hotel is in a very nice location with plenty of restaurants and shopping in walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Hi creus421,

Thank you for taking a moment to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing. I am delighted to hear of the wonderful view you enjoyed from your guest room. Our Hyatt Grand Beds are one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Arkansas
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel on the water was a perfect place for a girls weekend in the city. Really enjoyed the restaurant! Lunch was wonderful. Room was clean and spacious with nice furnishings. We had an outstanding view!
The staff was very helpful. Everyone was polite and courteous. The valet staff, doorman and bellman were awesome.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your girls weekend. I am thrilled you had a memorable stay and found your room to be very clean and spacious. We have some breathtaking views at our property. I have shared your kind words regarding the staff and their service with our management team. Your recommendation is our greatest compliment!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Williamstown, NJ
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a River Front room and had the best view of the tall ships and the skyline of Camden. Just beautiful! Room was very comfortable and the hotel is in walking distance to Moshulu, Chart House and La Veranda, as well as the smaller restaurants in the area. Everyone was cordial and helpful. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a River Front room. Actually, the River View rooms would be interesting too. I think we'...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I’m glad that you had such a wonderful river view and could see the ships and the skyline. It is great to hear that you found your room to be comfortable. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be within comfortable walking distance to so many of the local attractions and restaurants. It’s wonderful that the staff was cordial and helpful throughout your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate