“Wonderful Waterfront Views, But Be Ready To Walk”

Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Ranked #19 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed for the weekend just before Christmas to enjoy some of Philly's holiday offerings.

With our river view corner room, we had amazing views of the river morning and night, and a nice spacious room in which we could really spread out for the weekend. The only surprise is no HDTV - really? Seems this is a "minimum" for a hotel these days, and especially so for one that aims to be a little more high-end.

We ate one dinner and Sunday brunch in the restaurant - good experience both times and the prices were good for Philly.

Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful - from check-in, to coffee bar, to restaurant staff.

Only one issue was when they cleaned our room, they did not leave any fresh towels - Just the SINGLE bath towel that had been unused from the day before. When we left for dinner, we told the front desk, and the woman there assured us it would be taken care of. When we returned several hours later, still no towels.

Important to note that the I-95 separates the hotel from the rest of Philly, so plan to do some walking, or take a cab or bus. There are two easily accessible pedestrian bridges that take you into the Old City area (where many popular sites are), as well as nearby shopping and restaurants, but again you should be prepared for some city walking (though in safe areas).

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor, corner water-front room if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HockeyAndTravel

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The friendliest and most helpful employees I've ever encountered. Had a wonderful experience. The room was clean. The front desk help was pleasant and helpful. The staff was always eager to help. Hot spot locations were at a close distance. Safety is important to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I worked at a Hyatt in college, so I know the Hyatt standards. This hotel does not live up to them.

My biggest complaint-- the restaurant. The food was overpriced, bad, and the service was terrible. On a Friday morning, I was not permitted to order off of the main menu and instead had to have the buffet - $20 p/p + tax. I’ve had ‘free’ breakfast that had better variety and quality then here where you got powered scrambled eggs, overcooked bacon, one type of bread for toast. The server was nowhere to be found. I had to hunt down some random person even to get my bill, forget clearing my plate or more coffee. For dinner, I thought the prices were high and they offered very little variety. I ended up ordering a quesadilla for $10 and it was two soft tacos folded in half, with unmelted cheese. It took 35 mins to arrive. I travel quite a bit for work, so I know hotel restaurants are expensive, but if I am paying $$$ for things, I want top quality and service. And when I am traveling for work, I don’t have time to eat outside of the hotel b/c I often need to eat something quickly and get to a meeting.

The room- the room was clean with one big exception: long black hair all over the top of the duvet. It was a white duvet so the hair was very apparent. Gross! Also, I was on the 20th floor (out of 23 I think), facing Penn's Landing and could hear the traffic from Columbus Blvd below all night. I cannot imagine how bad the noise must have been at lower levels.

1  Thank AngelUSF
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your most recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing. First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Hyatt brand and my sincerest apologies for the troubles you encountered when dining at our restaurant. I have forwarded you comments to our food and beverage director to follow up with staff on. We never want you to have a bad experience with us and we would love to speak with you in regards to this review. Please feel free to contact us at social.media@hyatt.com if you would like to talk about this matter further.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hotel was filled with gamesters and not enough staff. Restaurant service and cleanliness were deplorable. The dining room was dirty and there was syrup of some sort on my chair. The bar did not have enough staff and service was slow and uncaring.

1  Thank Gary T
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Business trip early January 2014: requested a room with views and got it; four large windows overlooking the river – very nice indeed. But … the carpet was full of dog hair, which promptly got on everything. The wallpaper was peeling. The bed had one very thin blanket. And the hot water available for a bath was lukewarm at best, even after running it for a long time. Then there were the small annoyances: the TP holder was BEHIND the toilet, making access virtually impossible; there were no towel racks in the bathroom, none. So semi-used towels either went on the floor or in a crumpled heap on the counter. There was a coffee maker with coffee, tea…and no cups, not a one.
Finally let me advise visitors, if you do stay here, to pass on the room service eggs benedict, ordinarily one of my very favorites. It arrived late, lukewarm, with a greasy heavy Hollandaise and ketchup instead of Tabasco – ick. Moreover, the food service folks engage in creative billing: they add all charges up first - room service fee, delivery charge, cost of the dish, some other fee, and THEN add the gratuity on top – paying a gratuity for a delivery fee and for a room service fee and for a couple of other fees seemed like overkill … until the delivery fellow presented me with the bill which requested a tip. Uh, wait … the 19% gratuity is not a tip??
Again, great view and decent room – or would have been, with a cleaned carpet, some towel racks and accessible TP – is that too much to ask?

Room Tip: ask for a room high up, with views of the river
1  Thank UsuallyEasyTPlease
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Location....location.....location BEST place to be for NYE in Philly!!!! Ambiance, amenities and staff make this the ideal hotel for bringing in the new year. Food is fantastic, drinks are well proportioned and everyone is accommodating to your needs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Penns Landing, on New Year’s Eve. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is lovely to hear you say how much you enjoyed the food served, and found our beverages well made, and delicious. It’s so wonderful that you found our associates accommodating, as customer service is one of our main priorities. I’m so happy to hear you felt comfortable, and enjoyed the ambiance we’ve set. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Penns Landing on your next visit to the area.

Allie H. –A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Penn's Landing in order to take our kids to the Please Touch Museum. The hotel was great for the whole family. Our room had a great view of the river, very spacious, and the kids loved the indoor pool. I will be back and I Highly Recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Matt F,

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time at our property. Thanks for the review.

-Paul R.