“Special Occasion at the Hyatt Regency Phila” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Special Occasion at the Hyatt Regency Phila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

this was truly an overall wonderful experience from the first moment we drove in to the last when we checked out. Every representative of the hyatt staff was both professional and accomodating. each staff member went out of their way to accomodate all of our needs with a smile and grace. we truly welcome the opportunity to stay at the hyatt any time in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for providing such a thoughtful review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am delighted to hear you found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing excellent customer service to our guests. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the near future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Korean first
Wenonah, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I were scheduled to stay at this location for a belated Valentine's day celebration 2/22. Given that I stay in Hyatt properties in other places, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. To start with the positives: location - situated right on the riverfront we had great views of the water and had we wanted to jump across the highway, Society Hill and South St were close enough to offer plenty of dinner and drink options in near proximity; Keating's grill - we had drinks at the bar and dinner in the restaurant here. All in all the quality was good and the prices were what you'd expect to pay in a hotel. I had scallops and my wife the crab cakes and we were both very pleased with the meal as well as the drink selection. Now for the challenges: Hyatt's upgrade system - after booking I received an email to purchase upgrades for early check-in, late check out and a room upgrade should they be available, the challenge was there was no notification of which if any were available. I checked in online the morning of the stay and there was no notice of if early check-in would in fact be available. When I checked in onsite, there was no mention of whether late out would be available the next day, nor whether a room upgrade had been available so opening the door to the room was a surprise (no upgrade). Regarding the online check in, the intent is you print your check-in confirmation and scan it when you arrive for your key so you can skip the front desk, however when we arrived the kiosks for doing so were both turned off. Our experience at the restaurant and bar would have been even better but their was clearly a staffing issue. The bar was busy with a Rugby conference staying in the hotel, but inexplicably there were just two bartenders working so the tables were slow getting bused which resulted in us standing around for several minutes trying to figure out if tables were really empty or belonged to people mingling with the crowd associated with the conference. The bartenders did a great job keeping up with the drink orders but they clearly needed help. Our biggest issue this stay though was really with the noise. We stayed on the 20th floor. At 5 PM we could hear a crowd in the room next door and a child screaming down the hall. It was 5 so we were not worried. That night however, the noise continued. Between midnight and 1 AM or so we were awakened by sounds from the room above us (presumably a suite) where furniture (dining chairs?) were repeatedly dragging across the floor and loud conversation could be clearly heard and understood. After the second time it woke me up despite my earplugs, I called the front desk and after someone went up, the conversation quieted down but the furniture noise continued until 2AM or so. In the AM the child down the hall started again and the shortly thereafter the noise from above restarted. After contemplating leaving the hotel at 2AM and thoroughly disgusted, we decided to check out at about 9AM, at which time we were told that we had been charged for late check out. The front desk listened to our issues from the night before and did adjust the bill for the internet & late check out charges as well as knocking off a small portion of the bill. While all of that was appreciated, I would have preferred to have had a good night's sleep and slept in on Sunday. The other issue was, the front desk noted that "they really should add more sound proofing as that complaint has occurred from our room to the one above before." The Hyatt missed out on the additional charges we would have racked up had we stayed for breakfast which was our original plan. I spend about a dozen nights a year in Philly and while I might give the Hyatt a chance again in the future it would not likely be my first choice unless I happened to have points for a free stay.

Room Tip: Skip any room with a suite above. Avoid floors where weddings or groups are staying.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel within walking distance of almost everything one could want to see in the area.
Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the river, the higher up the better.
Great concierge service!
Nice work out room and indoor pool.
Breakfast buffet is a bit overpriced for what you get, but there is a cafe option. Wait staff in restaurant is very accommodating.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We checked in around 2:00 pm which was a breeze but I was taken by suprise by the $30.00 parking fee. We were attending a wedding on the Moshulu which was a beautful walk along the river from the hotel about a block away, so we didn't need to drive anywhere. That's where the parking fee comes in to play because you can come and go as you please without paying extra. In our case though I would have rather the parking been free for guests for initial check in and if you leave you pay to re-enter. The parking lot attendant should be working with animals not people, let's just say his social skills are lacking. Any way more about the hotel experience...Me and my wife did a little walking around the hotel and found the pool area which was closed at the time but looked awesome. The gym was open and seemed to be in good working order. The views from the room were absolutely amazing at night and Sun up. We had the northeast view which was the Ben Franklin Bridge and the New Jersey Waterfront. I can honestly say this was on of the most comfortable stays I've had in a while due to the Super soft king bed. All of the bedding and pillows were top notch, me and my wife were so suprised by the comfort level of the bedding we looked up the brand to purchase a bed set for our house, lets just say you get what you pay for applies here! The rooms are spacious and updated. The only problem I had with the room was that when I moved the chair in the room a big metal cover from the AC/Heating unit filter fell. I'm glad we didn't have the kids with us. Conclusions: I found the hotel to be clean and updated, the staff I encounter were nice enough and we didn't have any problems. The views were just stunning from the higher floors and I was able to get a good nights rest at a hotel. So if your looking for a nice hotel in the city and you like comfort this is your hotel.

Room Tip: Pick the higher floors for views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Castle Donington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights - proceeded by 3 nights in New York and followed by 2 in Washington. This was definitely the best hotel we stayed in, although they were all 4 star and this was probably the cheapest. Over from the UK, we were looking forward to the wonderful service expected in the US. We were a bit disappointed in New York, where we found everybody a bit preoccupied and uninterested. Our welcome at the Hyatt Regency could not be in more contrast. From the receptionist to the girl at the breakfast counter, the barman and the waiters. Without exception we received impeccable friendly, polite service. This is what we expected from our trip the states. Thank you to all the staff for making Philly the highlight of our 3-city trip. Great gym and pool, too! And really comfy beds.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding our staff at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penns Landing. It is always a pleasure to hear that you were impressed by the excellent service offered by our staff (from the girl at the breakfast counter, the barman, the waiters) during your first visit to the US. Also, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our oversize guestroom and its comfy beds, the Gym and the pool area. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here two separate times in one week. Philly was our stop over at beginning and end of road trip from New England to Virginia. We were given such a shabby room on our second stay. I can't remember the room number but it was a corner upper room on the 19th floor. No river view. There was a bottle of salsa smashed in the elevator in the morning. I need to add when I mentioned this to front desk, the nice guy at the front desk person jumped up himself to clean it up. This is a huge hotel, where was housekeeping? Our rate included breakfast, but then we were told anything over $40.00 would be tacked on to the bill. Felt nickel and dimed!
I love the location of this hotel - society hill area of Philly - walk to good restaurants colonial neighborhoods, historical sights, and it's fun to be on the river. We will most likely try one of the other hotels in this area on our next Philadelphia trip.

Room Tip: Make sure to look at room first when you check in. We would have asked for another room if we weren...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
south river, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

overall my experience here was very positive however my room was extremely dusty and it even triggered some allergies. Parking was expensive and people staying at the hotel should receive a discount but they don't.

• 2 of 5 bubbles