“A lot to be desired”

Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Ranked #21 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Room was dusty and floor in room was very dirty and worn. Furniture was also worn/scratched. The pool area was gross. The pool itself was very cloudy and dirty glasses and towels everywhere with no clean towels available either of two days. There was also a drain in the floor that was clogged leaving a huge puddle of water on the walkway around pool. Entire hotel needs to be upgraded.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Penns Landing. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and you feel that the entire hotel need to be upgraded and our guest room does not fit our Hyatt standard. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address your concerns you mentioned in your online review and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns regarding your stay.

I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,590)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent reception and extremely helpful for me. Felt most welcomed. The young lady at the check in was helpful in contacting the shuttle when my luggage was mixed up with another person's. Room and bed were very comfortable. Wish that I had checked on the mattress brand, since I'm shopping for one. Wonderful view of the river and sites. Remote for TV did not work, but did not affect my stay. I reported it upon check out.

Room Tip: Having a view of the river was a pleasure and relaxing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014

From the moment we arrived to the time when we left, it felt as though the staff couldn't do enough for us - we were upgraded to a top floor room with sweeping views of both the river and the city at no extra charge. Beverly - the woman with whom we checked in, was charming and even made my dour teenage son smile by commenting on how handsome he is!

Although we are 'only' gold members of the Hyatt Passport club, we were given a choice of gift (either a non-alcoholic drink in the lobby or internet in our room). The internet was somewhat dodgy, but appreciated nonetheless.

The concierges (Chris and David) were outstanding - not just oriented towards the 'high-end' customer, but understood what a family with children on a budget needed. They were patient with our need for detailed directions, providing maps with markings to guide us.

All in all, looking forward to returning as soon as possible.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked hotel for $100 and was very pleased considering the price. Had I paid full price I probably would have been a little disapointed. Service was excellent and the Staff seemed friendly. Front desk allowed us to check in a couple hours early. Parking was not difficult, but a little expensive. If I remeber correctly it was approx $35 a day. Room was clean, but a little worn around the edges. Mini Fridge provided in rooms, but we had to turn ours off as it was very loud. We had great view of the river and USS New Jersey from the room. Pool was nice, but very shallow. Location was solid, about 10 - 15 minute walk to the sites in Historic Phily. Hotel in general seems nice, but like the room was a little worn around the edges. By worn I just mean scratches on furniture, a little carpet freying, and other minor defects.

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed the top floor views of the city and river especially at night! Beautiful! Bed was comfy, room clean yet furniture looked a little dated. The adjoining room was huge with a fridge and micro but not very comfy more for business entertaining. Safe did not work. Little noisy street side.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very poor customer service and room quality. The inetrnet site is misleading to what you actually get. The hotel offers upgrades but don't give them to you, if your not careful they will charge you for them. Not the quality they brag about.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara J

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Penns Landing. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and you feel that you received a poor customer service that does not fit our Hyatt standard. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address your concerns you mentioned in your online review and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns regarding your stay.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was at a Conference at Philadelphia's Hyatt Regency, and stayed there also. The staff is welcoming and helpful, the hotel is aesthetically pleasing, well layed out, and well maintained. I slept well even the first night. The food is wonderful, and the serving staff attentive. I particularly liked the monitors in the elevators that helped us find the correct meeting rooms. I will probably stay there again if I get the opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by the staff, the room accommodations, hotel layout and the food. Please do come back and stay with us again.

Thank you.