“Great Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Oceanside, United States
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

It is a pleasure to stay at this resort. They take care of everything and do it with style. The service from every employee was second to none. The food was great as well as the value. I highly recomend people to experience Penns Landing.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Korean first
Keller, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed here a few different times. The view from the room is always nice and the food at the bar is really good. Service is great and the staff is very friendly and outgoing. The Valet has not been good to me yet. The last two times I left fairly early, around 5am and both times they couldn't find the valet staff. I waited 30+ minutes last time for my car and didn't get so much as a "I'm sorry". It is worth noting I am a diamond member at Hyatt so this is not the norm for this chain. Also, no Regency clue which is not a big deal for me since I was getting in late and leaving early.

Room Tip: Get a view of the river if you can
Green Features: Seem to be in line with the rest of the Hyatt policies
1 Thank Eric C
West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Room was dusty and floor in room was very dirty and worn. Furniture was also worn/scratched. The pool area was gross. The pool itself was very cloudy and dirty glasses and towels everywhere with no clean towels available either of two days. There was also a drain in the floor that was clogged leaving a huge puddle of water on the walkway around pool. Entire hotel needs to be upgraded.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Penns Landing. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and you feel that the entire hotel need to be upgraded and our guest room does not fit our Hyatt standard. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address your concerns you mentioned in your online review and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns regarding your stay.

I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent reception and extremely helpful for me. Felt most welcomed. The young lady at the check in was helpful in contacting the shuttle when my luggage was mixed up with another person's. Room and bed were very comfortable. Wish that I had checked on the mattress brand, since I'm shopping for one. Wonderful view of the river and sites. Remote for TV did not work, but did not affect my stay. I reported it upon check out.

Room Tip: Having a view of the river was a pleasure and relaxing.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

From the moment we arrived to the time when we left, it felt as though the staff couldn't do enough for us - we were upgraded to a top floor room with sweeping views of both the river and the city at no extra charge. Beverly - the woman with whom we checked in, was charming and even made my dour teenage son smile by commenting on how handsome he is!

Although we are 'only' gold members of the Hyatt Passport club, we were given a choice of gift (either a non-alcoholic drink in the lobby or internet in our room). The internet was somewhat dodgy, but appreciated nonetheless.

The concierges (Chris and David) were outstanding - not just oriented towards the 'high-end' customer, but understood what a family with children on a budget needed. They were patient with our need for detailed directions, providing maps with markings to guide us.

All in all, looking forward to returning as soon as possible.

Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked hotel for $100 and was very pleased considering the price. Had I paid full price I probably would have been a little disapointed. Service was excellent and the Staff seemed friendly. Front desk allowed us to check in a couple hours early. Parking was not difficult, but a little expensive. If I remeber correctly it was approx $35 a day. Room was clean, but a little worn around the edges. Mini Fridge provided in rooms, but we had to turn ours off as it was very loud. We had great view of the river and USS New Jersey from the room. Pool was nice, but very shallow. Location was solid, about 10 - 15 minute walk to the sites in Historic Phily. Hotel in general seems nice, but like the room was a little worn around the edges. By worn I just mean scratches on furniture, a little carpet freying, and other minor defects.

1 Thank Richard B
Amherst, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed the top floor views of the city and river especially at night! Beautiful! Bed was comfy, room clean yet furniture looked a little dated. The adjoining room was huge with a fridge and micro but not very comfy more for business entertaining. Safe did not work. Little noisy street side.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple