“Excellent Location”

Ranked #18 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A friend and I stayed at this hotel on a girls' trip to Philly and found the location to be a great base for walking around the city - including old town, historical sites, and other tourist attractions (yes, some things may be a bit of walk, but totally doable). Staff was professional and friendly, save for a single unpleasant experience with a front desk agent regarding a problem with the room. However, the next morning, the director of rooms met with me and got everything straightened out satisfactorily. This hotel does not have a Regency Club, so if you're a Diamond guest, you'll get the hearty breakfast buffet in the restaurant, which includes cooked to order eggs and other hot dishes, as well as the usual continental breakfast offerings. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Hyatt was a great stay for us, first-timers to Philly! We were on the 18th floor room on the end with a great view of both the city and piers. It's located right by Old City where food, bars, tourist stops are within very reasonable walking distance. Service was good, friendly staff. I especially appreciate the desk for comping the bottles of water I had asked to be added to the room tab. They also work with Lady Liberty Shuttle Service from the airport, only $10 and super convenient.

One thing I do want to note - we thought having a Avis/Budget onsite at the Hyatt was a good thing. And while convenient, please be aware customer service for the car rental at Budget was awful! Slow, unorganized, argumentative, and unhelpful. The biggest issue of the whole ordeal: we were given a car with a "low tire pressure" warning and given a lame excuse for why (thinking I was a woman and wouldn't know better?!), then they did nothing about it. Next time, I'll spend the extra money to rent a car from elsewhere should I stay at this Hyatt again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bluehalo11
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penns Landing. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and out hotel's convenient location. I'm so delighted to hear about the service you received from our wonderful staff. They are truly instrumental in our success. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in the week of July 4th so the place was crazier than normal. The staff were great, hotel is nice. We stayed on the 21st floor and the view of the Delaware river was spectacular. Could see the fireworks from our room. The walk along the harbor was nice. It's only a Mile or two to all the major attractions like Liberty bell, independence hall etc. Awesome city, great hotel, great time to be had. Highly recommend it

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Namaste20141973
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am so glad to learn that although it was rather busy, we were still able to provide impeccable service. I hope that we can welcome you back soon so you can experience the hotel and the attractions near by once more.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Santa Rosa, California

The problems were:

1) When I arrived, my reservation (made with booking.com) for which I had a confirmation was not found. Instead of taking the booking.com reservation, I had to call booking.com, have them resend the reservation. After 15 minutes, I was told they received the fax from booking.com, and had to enter it in the computer. After another 15 minutes, I was finally checked in.

2) I tried to have lunch, but after 20 minutes, no waiter showed up.

3) I wanted to print my boarding pass in the business center, but the printer was not working. I informed hotel staff. Six hours later, it still was not working.

4) At checkout, I was overcharged $25 (the hotel raised the rate for the second night). It took 10 minutes to rectify the problem.

Yes the rate was attractive, but I unless you have a lot of time to waste, it's not worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott95401
Visalia, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Have stayed at this Hyatt previously and it's a wonderful place to stay. The location is perfect for walking, seeing sites, great restaurants and other activities. Also easy to get to from the highway. The hotel is well maintained with a great staff willing to serve you. I highly recommend this Hyatt if you are staying in Philadelphia.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

udhailiyah
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here after a long intercontinental flight into the USA and this place offered a perfectly comfortable room to rest and recover from the flight after an easy taxi ride from the airport. My room had a good view of the water and was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is an easy walk from of the historic places of interest in Philly

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very glad to hear that we were able to provide comfortable, soothing accommodations after the very long flight that you had. I also like that you enjoyed the amazing views we have as well as our closeness to local attractions. I hope you will visit us again the next time you find yourself back in the city.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
hartford, CT
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We decided to stay in the city for a Saturday night in June, planning to pick up show tickets and have dinner. We drove in, relying on their own website which boasts "one of the most affordable and convenient parking garages in Philadelphia.”

This is completely untrue.

After pulling up to the garage, we found it blocked by a traffic cone and could not enter. We checked in at the front desk after being assured that the cone was to limit public parking and there were spaces for hotel guests.

This was completely untrue.

As we drove past full deck after full deck of cars, we neared the top and were approached by the valet parking staff who told us there were no spaces unless we wanted to use the (extra charge) valet service. I had already been charged $30 and really wasn't in the mood to get hit for another $40.

We wound up having to leave and drive off into the city, having wasted enough time that a show wasn't going to be possible. When we returned around 10:00 pm, we tried the parking garage again, and after driving nearly to the last deck again, we waited for a car to pull out so that we could finally park.

Over $200 for the room, $30 for parking, and they can't even make parking the least bit convenient.

We checked out Sunday morning and when I spoke to the desk about the parking, I didn't even get the partonizing "we don't operate the garage" malarky (which is a crock, they are an agent for it), I got the "yeah, it was crowded last night".

No kidding.

On Monday morning (June 16) I sent an email directly to the hotel using the link on their website (QualityPENRP@hyatt.com). Still waiting for any response or acknowledgment.

The hotel is fine, unless you bother to have a car. The parking hassles loused up our plans, and the frond desk was completely uncaring. As was their email site. $30 extra for that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple