Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #72 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Made my reservation in January for a family reunion. Called the day before I was checking in to let hotel know my flight had been changed and I would need a VERY LATE check in. They assured me that would be fine. We arrived after 1:30am due to flight delay and I was informed that my room had been given away and there were no more rooms available. I explained that I had spoken with the front desk the day before and they assured me it would not be a problem. He finally found me a room that was twice as much as the one I booked in Jan. It was a smoking room and I had asked for non-smoking due to severe asthma. The room was dirty and reeked of smoke. The entire floor that we were on was a smoking floor. He also told me there were no discounts allowed, yet I had booked the room through my teacher's union to receive a discount in Jan. and showed him my union card as proof. I also had a reservation on the return trip that they cancelled when they gave away my room.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Karen H
Manassas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as it was a low cost alternative to staying in downtown Philadelphia. The hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment. Everything on the inside looks old and worn out. Breakfast, if you could call it that, was merely bagels, packaged muffins and kid cereal. A strange perfumery odor permeated the lobby area as if to mask some other disgusting problem. Wifi is slow, the TV channel selection is minimal, the ice machine on our floor was inoperable and the AC for the hallways did not work; one was even unplugged. Find another hotel, there are others in the area.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The day staff is very upbeat and helpful; evening/night staff not as friendly, but they are efficient. The room was clean enough, but they really don't pay attention to corners, especially in the bathroom. No restaurant on site, but other companies deliver. Very good noise control - though it was full, and near the airport, there really wasn't any noise when you are in the room. I would stay again for the price.

Room Tip: The ground floor room had excellent air conditioning and virtually no noise.
1 Thank JaniceG1950
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It was a joy to find this jewel so convenient to us travelers. We had come in from Florida to Pennsylvania to rent a car in Philadelphia, drive to Lancaster and return to Philadelphia. We took a shuttle from the car rental company to the car rental. Drove to Lancaster, returned 4 days later to Philly and stayed at the Microtel which was right around the car rental place. The hotel was clean and well lit, well managed, filling breakfast. It was very well located: a block from a Ruby Tuesday and a couple of blocks from the next to the last train station. We took the Septa train both days for the senior rate of $1 each way !!! (Had to show your Medicare card to prove eligibility.) The train left us at Market Street East 3 blks fm the historical center. What a delight!
The hotel staff helped us figure out the public transportation saving us a lot of money and were very professional in answering all our wild-eyed tourist questions.
The only thing that I could find the hotel could improve on was the breakfast fare: all carbs and weak coffee and no proteins or fruits.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yvonnemarch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Address: 8840 Tinicum Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19153-3111
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #72 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport Hotel Philadelphia