“My #1, Top Hotel in Philadelphia”

The Rittenhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany, NY
“My #1, Top Hotel in Philadelphia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Anytime I travel to Philadelphia, my top #1 choice of places to stay is the Rittenhouse Hotel. The location is great, the rooms are huge and spotless, the lobby and common areas are immaculate and modern and the staff is six-sigma customer oriented and friendly. The lounge is well managed as well with service that is hard to rival. If I had to point to a model of how to run a hotel, I would use the Rittenhouse hotel as this model. I have never had a single issue with anything in this hotel - ever.

The bonus is that the beds are the most comfortable I ever slept in with the window coverings actually blocking all outside light so you can sleep to the hour you desire vs. when the light starts to shine in the room.

I always leave the Rittenhouse with the feeling of total rejuvenation as if I was given an extra energy boost - feeling pleased from the experience, psyched up due to the exceptional treatment, extra rested due to the comfort (bed, room, overall hotel). I always depart the Rittenhouse with a smile on my face from such a great overall experience.

I will definitely be back again for sure!

Room Tip: All rooms are GREAT - no choice to make
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank STEBAY711
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We very much look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your ringing endorsement of our team and property. Your feedback is truly appreciated...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Rittenhouse Hotel is one of the absolute best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at.... from the service, rooms, and e mediates, to one of the fastest internet connections in a hotel I have come across in my travels. I have absolutely no complaints about my stay at the Rittenhouse, and if you decide to stay here in your travel to Philly you will not either!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan S
We do try our very best to hit the mark on service and amenities every day. It is gratifying to say the least to read reviews like yours. Thank you very much for your support and please consider us your home in Philadelphia for all of your future visits.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

If you want excellence in every possible way, this is the place to stay in Philadelphia. Loved it! The room was beautiful and the service is topnotch. Every employee we came into contact with was pleasant and helpful, and genuinely so.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eliza M
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
We are proud to be considered the best hotel in Philadelphia and one of the best anywhere. It is truly our team who deserve the credit in making every guest feel welcome and special; whether here for their first visit or returning.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate it!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

this hotel is great for my family! someone in the family is very fond of this place! everything is great, staff are friendly and knowledgeable local! they helped me and my family to the zoo! and a gift of animal pictures gave me! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We were happy to have you and your family in house with us. Whether you are visiting the zoo, historic sights, museums or simply touring the city, we are proud to be your home when you are in town. Please be sure to come back sometime soon and thank you for your review.
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

In the heart of Philadelphia on the square, this residence/hotel has lovely rooms and views of Philadelphia/Rittenhouse Square. We stayed there when our children gave us an overnight weekend gift for our anniversary in November. We used it during the holidays as we had a party just across the park and it was very convenient. It is a graciously appointed hotel with all of the amenities you need and the staff is very accommodating. Quieter than some of the other center city hotels, less people because it is a residence. The kids came to visit and used the pool. fun! They have a wonderful brunch on Sundays. The event rooms are beautiful, been there for parties, they do nice work. Next time you visit Philly you might want to consider staying here.

Room Tip: Only certain rooms are available for guests as higher floors are residential. Ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
It is always a pleasure to have families stay with us. Our location on Rittenhouse Square makes for a perfect jumping off point to experience Philadelphia. Our new spa and health club (including pool) is currently under a complete renovation and will reopen later this year. Please come back to check out our latest amenities when you have the chance.
Marriottsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

after 14 years of staying at the Rittenhouse Hotel, usually 4 to 6 times a year, I thought I knew enough to share. Luxury Hotels worldwide are considered such since they know more about service excellence as the start and finish of a good experience than any other item. At the Rittenhouse, in order, the ambience is first class, the attention to detail is likewise, but the service excels beyond your expectations. Take Paul, my morning server for all visits. A ray of sunshine and smiles at 6 am is usually more than I want, but I must tell all that I have looked forward to his greeting and service at each visit and I have always started the business day, in a mood so great that even my clients (students) have noticed. Excellent people make for excellent results and Paul is the best example I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Rittenhouse Paul, Service beyond expectations. Colin F.McGowan

Room Tip: Get room service breakfast and ask for Paul
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Colin M
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We are extremely fortunate to have Paul Lin as one of our veteran Room Service servers. Paul is tireless in his commitment to excellence and has the same effect on our team as he does guests such as you: he energizes the day with positivity and professionalism. I can not wait to share your review with Paul. It means so much to be recognized by you. Many thanks.
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Staying at The Rittenhouse is like coming home to a very, very nice house indeed. You will be greeted by name by the doorman and desk staff. The amenities are lovely, and the rooms are spacious and beautiful. Every detail is perfect, and you can't beat the location on Rittenhouse Square.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nina W
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We could not ask for better than that... Although we have all the expected amenities associated with luxury, we are purposeful in trying to connect with every guest. Your comfort is important to us and everything should feel "right". We look forward to welcoming you home whenever you are in Philadelphia.