I have heard great things about the Rittenhouse for many years but never had the opportunity to stay there during my visits to Philadelphia. I just finished a 2-day stay at the Rittenhouse and I must say that it is everything that I had been told—a very nice, very attentive stay. The things that stand out about the Rittenhouse experience are the friendly accommodating staff, the large, well-appointed rooms and a perfect location within Philadelphia. First, the neighborhood is wonderful. The hotel sits right in Rittenhouse Square with a very nice park right in front of the hotel. More importantly, there are a number of very nice shops, restaurants and neighborhood window shopping to be had all within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms are extremely large for hotels and nicely designed. There are separate sitting, bed and desk areas. I am a business traveller and use the hotel room for work. The desk is situated in a window alcove of the room with a number of the modern connections for the workstation of the business traveller which are well located for easy accessibility within the desk area. The carpet and furniture are of exceptionally high quality--- much higher than typical quality at high-end hotels. The only negative is that the furniture is starting to show its age and wear with several nicks apparent in the wood. The beds are very comfortable with high quality linen. It was a very comfortable sleep and the hotel rooms are very quiet. I never heard any exterior or hallway noise. The bathrooms are quite spacious, marbled from top to bottom with separate shower and bathtub. A particularly nice feature is that the room has two separate thermostat controls for separate zones of the room. The desk area, which sits in a windowed alcove corner of the room, has the potential to have a different temperature from the remainder of the room because it is an a windowed corner. However, this potential issue has been thoughtfully preempted by a very well-considered air conditioning design. Another feature which is a nice touch is that with turn down service, the curtains in the rooms are pulled closed and slippers and chocolates are set up right at bedside side. On the third floor of the hotel is an all suites area. Finally, the attention to service is really what sets the hotel apart. Every hotel employee is extremely friendly, extremely accommodating from the moment you arrive at the hotel. Among the several hotels which I have stayed in Philadelphia, the Rittenhouse is now at the top of my list. I must say its reputation which I had been told about over the years is definitely deserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Forbes Four Star Award winning Rittenhouse Hotel is rated one of the top hotels in the world as well as #1 hotel in Pennsylvania by Travel + Leisure. The Rittenhouse has an ideal location directly on Rittenhouse Square for business or pleasure. Guests may walk out with easy access to boutique shopping, restaurants and the Center City business district is just steps away. The guestrooms at the Rittenhouse are the largest in the city, the smallest measuring 450-600 square feet, with views of Rittenhouse Square or University City. Guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, overnight shoe shine and newspaper delivery to their room. Lacroix at the Rittenhouse is one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia with panoramic views of Rittenhouse Square. Immerse yourself in an oasis of relaxation in Center City with a menu of massage and salon services, spa packages and fitness center at the Rittenhouse Spa, Salon & Health Club with hair by Paul Labrecque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Rittenhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Philadelphia