All reviewslibrary barla croixleading hotels of the worldturn down servicechocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonscookies and milkluxury hotelroom servicesitting areashopping and restaurantsthe ritzupgraded to a suiterooms are largewonderful hotelan upgradethe entire staff
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have heard great things about the Rittenhouse for many years but never had the opportunity to stay there during my visits to Philadelphia. I just finished a 2-day stay at the Rittenhouse and I must say that it is everything that I had been told—a very nice, very attentive stay. The things that stand out about the Rittenhouse experience are the friendly accommodating staff, the large, well-appointed rooms and a perfect location within Philadelphia. First, the neighborhood is wonderful. The hotel sits right in Rittenhouse Square with a very nice park right in front of the hotel. More importantly, there are a number of very nice shops, restaurants and neighborhood window shopping to be had all within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms are extremely large for hotels and nicely designed. There are separate sitting, bed and desk areas. I am a business traveller and use the hotel room for work. The desk is situated in a window alcove of the room with a number of the modern connections for the workstation of the business traveller which are well located for easy accessibility within the desk area. The carpet and furniture are of exceptionally high quality--- much higher than typical quality at high-end hotels. The only negative is that the furniture is starting to show its age and wear with several nicks apparent in the wood. The beds are very comfortable with high quality linen. It was a very comfortable sleep and the hotel rooms are very quiet. I never heard any exterior or hallway noise. The bathrooms are quite spacious, marbled from top to bottom with separate shower and bathtub. A particularly nice feature is that the room has two separate thermostat controls for separate zones of the room. The desk area, which sits in a windowed alcove corner of the room, has the potential to have a different temperature from the remainder of the room because it is an a windowed corner. However, this potential issue has been thoughtfully preempted by a very well-considered air conditioning design. Another feature which is a nice touch is that with turn down service, the curtains in the rooms are pulled closed and slippers and chocolates are set up right at bedside side. On the third floor of the hotel is an all suites area. Finally, the attention to service is really what sets the hotel apart. Every hotel employee is extremely friendly, extremely accommodating from the moment you arrive at the hotel. Among the several hotels which I have stayed in Philadelphia, the Rittenhouse is now at the top of my list. I must say its reputation which I had been told about over the years is definitely deserved.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BC_Dallas_Texas
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Great to have you as new and soon to be return guest. Our rooms and location are trumped only by the service our team of dedicated professionals execute every day. Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to tell others about The Rittenhouse.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I go into Philadelphia regularly for the ballet and theater. We always stay at one of the hotels on Broad Street close to the Academy and the Wilma. Last month I was unable to book a room at our normal hotels, so booked the Rittenhouse instead. If you want truly stunning rooms, pampering staff and gorgeous views, this is the place for you. I am now totally spoiled.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte C
G Keith W, Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Charlotte:

Thank you for your kind words and as well as being a loyal supporter of the Arts in Philadelphia. I am happy we made a new freind and look forward to your return.

All the best,

Keith

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were given a corner room, high above the square. Very comfortable, extremely quiet with top of the line amenities - all at a very reasonable rate. Usually I'm in Philadelphia for business and stay at the Hyatt or Marriott or Westin. The Rittenhouse is a cut above the rest, yet its central location makes it so convenenient that I'm staying there next week when I'm in town for some meetings. If you go, book a table ahead of your arrival at Avance in the space that Le Bec Fin used to occupy. It's an unbelievable experience for your palate and your wallet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Eaglejohn:

Thank you for your kind words about The Rittenhouse. I hope upon your return you have the opportunity to try our renowned restaurant Lacroix. I rivals the best. I look forward to your return.

All the best,

Keith

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were "bumped" from the Omni Independence Park to the Rittenhouse because the Omni overbooked the long weekend. I was naturally annoyed with the last minute change in plans but boy am I glad it turned out the way it did! The Rittenhouse is a beautiful hotel with surprisingly spacious rooms and nice bathrooms. The service was exceptional from the doormen to the front desk and concierge. Our family felt very welcome throughout our stay. The only less than ideal experience was dinner at Smith and Wollinsky, which I would not recommend, as we found the food quite average and terribly overpriced. Thankfully there are plenty of other dining options in the Rittenhouse Square area. This is our new go-to hotel in Philadelphia.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RaniD77
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We are happy to have had the opportunity to "steal" you away from the competition! Most guest find us to be the best property in the market for a number of reasons. Sounds as if we can count on you for future visits as well.

Please try Lacroix, Bar 210 or our Library Bar when you are next with us. I am sure that you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Rittenhouse Hotel is an excellent choice. The service is impeccable ,the rooms large and the staff most accommodating. Located on Rittenhouse Square, the location is quite charming and just a mile from most art museums. Our last stay was about five years ago and there has been some telltale wear on the furniture. That is something that the management needs to pay attention to in order to keep up the standards that the room price commands.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for recommending us to others. We are continuously upgrading our product in all areas, including an entirely new spa, salon and health club later this summer. Rest assured that you will have much to look forward to as you return in the coming months.