“nice hotel in rittenhouse square area”

Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #29 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Nice hotel, friendly staff, nice, clean room with number beds, parking nearby but expensive, reasonable and tasty breakfast in Tavern restaurant, great prime rib in restaurant in hotel,free public transportation for Seniors was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

The location was excellent - within walking distance of a park, cafes and Starbucks.
Room was spacious - this particular layout even had a separate dressing area, which was essentially a very wide hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom. It allowed me to unpack in a central location and not worry about leaving things behind. Bathroom was on the small side, but very clean. Had a Sleep Number Bed, which was pretty cool.
Hotel staff was nice, but one pointed me in the wrong direction of a local restaurant.... Would have been nice if she handed me a map or something to tell me the best way to get there. Bell men were very friendly.
The room overlooked a pool, and, as I was getting ready for bed one night, I worried I wouldn't be able to sleep due to the little party going on out there - BUT - I think that was due to the bathroom window. I just closed the bathroom door when I went to bed, and I couldn't hear the noise at all.
Stayed for 2 nights and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mcsquirrel
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed 4 nights here and its smack in the best location. A bit hard to drive though the maze of streets to get to the hotel and I used the valet parking which was prizy but effecient. Large rooms and great breakfast is served in the bar area next door. The hotel bar seem to be a good hangout for after work drinks and snacks . Everything you want ot see or shop is in walking distrance. Like this place and would stay again. It would have reeived 5 stars but my limited room view did cross out the last star.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Ok, so my fiancées birthday was on October 1st. I decided it would be perfect timing to take a trip to his hometown Philadelphia and do a museum and dinner then take him to the Eagles game the following day. I put a lot into planning this trip because we don't get much time together and I wanted to make his birthday out of this world. I have to say the bellman was phenomenal and communication was great leading up to our stay. When we arrived, the valet parking was great, but a little rushed because the street was super busy. But we walked into the lobby and the first impression was luxurious. Amazing. We checked in, got our keys and went up to our room to get ready for dinner reservations at Morimoto's. We open the door to the room and the fragrance was so overwhelming that we opened the window and left the door open to try and get the smell out. My fiancée is an asthmatic and is highly allergic to fragrances. So I told him to go outside and relax while I called the room service to figure out what was causing him to have a reaction and if we could be moved or request it not be used the following day. We could not move because every room is heavily sprayed with fabreeze but they said they would make a note not to use it the next day. So after that was done, I go into the bathroom to start the shower and not even 2 minutes later the light goes out. By this time my fiancée came back into the room and saw me wrapped in a towel again on the phone. It took them 15 minutes to come up to the room and fix the light. Just another thing to add to the list of bad impression, the view out our window. It was awful right into the building next to us and overlooking a table of poker players smoking and drinking. It was just disappointing because I felt like I had no privacy. The next morning we wake up early because the stench in the room was affecting me at this point. Go to breakfast and I felt like we really over paid for the buffet. It was more like a continental breakfast I get at the Holiday Inn. But we go and enjoy the Eagles game and come back to find our room was CLEANED WITH FABREEZE. Really? After I requested it not to be. So we go downstairs to the bar and spent most of the night until my fiancée just gives up and wants to leave because his lungs and head hurt from staying in the room. We packed up and left a night early and when we checked out the clerk at the desk said he couldn't do anything for us but asked for our email.
In the following days I was expecting an apology via email. But nothing. I was emailed a survey instead and expressed my dissatisfaction thought that. And again I Recieved no apology and not even a reply.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amethyst D
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. On behalf of Carlson Rezidor we apologize you had this experience. We understanding how frustrating it must be to be in a room that is causing breathing problems. We would like to discuss your stay with you further and make this right. Please contact us at Customer Care at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. We look forward to hearing from you. ~Dana

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The hotel was amazing. The staff was very nice. My flight came in early so i wanted to check in early my room was ready which was great. The room was huge nice sleep number bed. The bathroom was kinda small though. Free wifi is always a plus to me. Plus happy 5-7 was even better

2  Thank Tracie B
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Went here for a weekend getaway to take in a Phillies game and some shopping with my girlfriend. This hotel is excellent right in the heart of Rittenhouse area with tons of shopping nearby and just a couple blocks from the subway line at City Hall. The hotel staff was friendly, rooms are small but cozy and clean. Definitely the kind of place you're just there to mainly sleep at since there's so much to do downtown. I will be staying here every time I travel to Philly in the future.

2  Thank Renegade552
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is not the newest most modern hotel but yet another Radisson I really like because of the over all feel. It is a warm comfortable hotel/

The location couldn't be better. Rooms are large with a good bed, firmer pillows would be great. Bathroom is a little dated but fine. My door could do with a clean.
Free wifi.
Staff very helpful and recommended and booked a restaurant for me.
Bar is very modern and cool and has a happy hour (5-7) and has a great draught beer selection.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business