Firstly I must agree with most of the reviewers the bed and room were comfortable
Found all the staff to be lovely, helpful and friendly, especially Troy
The room has recently been refurbished:
Black out blinds excellent
Television good size
Coffee and tea in room and, if like us you prefer your coffee a little stronger, there is a coffee shop in the lobby area
The new side chair and stool look out of place in the room, they look like something you see at the side of the road with a sign saying 'free, help yourself'
The toilet had a slow leak which meant that it kept refilling, this even woke my daughter.
But by far the worst feature was the street noise, I cannot understand why any hotel would undertake a refurbishment without sound proofing rooms. The noise was so bad that you could sing along to tunes being played on radios outside and we were on the 10th floor! We often couldn't hear the television over the traffic noise and kept checking that the windows weren't open.
Philly doesn't seem to sleep on Saturday nights and along with the horns, sirens and reversing beepers we were treated to singing - thought that the x-factor was on location at one point.
The city starts early and preparation starts earlier, by 5am the traffic noise is enough to wake even the heaviest of sleepers. The reversing beepers were by far the worst as the succeeded in waking me every day.
If the road noise wasn't enough to wake you alarm clocks in adjacent rooms certainly did - I suspect that some of them had been left on despite the room being vacant.
Would I recommend this hotel, no, it was a good price but we came home shattered through lack of sleep. If you aren't noise sensitive then this could be a good choice as the price maybe lower than others in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated. Stylish. Uniquely Philadelphia. Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is where history meets innovation and culture. This hotel is high on design and style and located in Philadelphia's most prestigious address, Rittenhouse Square. This luxury center city Philadelphia hotel is in the epicenter of boutique shopping, entertainment and many of Philadelphia's award winning restaurants. The stunning illumination and architecture in the lobby, graceful fireplaces and comfy seating areas complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Radisson Plaza Philadelphia
- Radisson Philadelphia
- Warwick Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Radisson