“Beautiful renovation ”

Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I'm here at this hotel now and the renovation of the historic Warwick hotel is complete and it's just great. I always thought of this place as tired...it's not like that anymore!The lobby is gorgeous, modern and vibrant. Check-in was quick and smooth. Our room, on the 11th floor (1110) was very nicely renovated. It was a King Superior. Beds are super comfy. Bathroom is nice. Very clean.

We had a couple of pre-dinner drinks at their more casual restaurant, Tavern 17, and the atmosphere in there was lovely.

I'm taking off a star for the thin walls...we had a group of partygoers next to us and they kept us up until 2 am playing music, yelling at each other and smoking. Could smell the smoke in our room, ugh! I was about to call downstairs but I think someone else beat me to it because it all seemed to end rather abruptly. The windows don't shut out the noise from the city all that well, either...we can currently hear the early morning roar of a helicopter at a nearby hospital.

I'd come again, though. The location off of Rittenhouse Square is stellar and where you'd want to be if staying in Philly. It's an elegant and modern hotel now. Nice job, Radisson.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Enjoyable Stay.
On checking in, was advised we had an 'upgraded room' located on the 10th Floor - Nice start to our American Holiday.
Room itself was very spacious, clean and appeared to have been recently refurbished.
Nice central location, generally within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 28DurhamTraveller
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was in town for 3 nights for a conference at the Convention Center, a brisk 15 minute walk away. I was pleasantly greeted and found staff to be helpful throughout my stay. Shopping and restaurants are very close - try the Black Sheep Pub across the street for a draft and casual meal. Also be sure to visit Terminal Market for breakfast or lunch - it's remarkable. I didn't have a chance to visit any of the restaurants on the premises.

My king single was a nice size, clean with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious and attractive. Oddly, the room only had one chair, an upholstered occasional chair with no casters. It was not comfortable for typing or for lounging. I would expect a hotel of this quality to provide an adjustable chair for the desk and a lounge chair for reading and TV.

Room Tip: If you don't like the sound of bottles being poured into dumpsters from 5:30am-12:30am, I sugges...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AgentSmithDC
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear AgentSmithDC,
It sounds as if you got to know Philadelphia quite intimately during your conference and had a great time. Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor on the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel. Have a wonderful holiday season and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had not stayed at the former Warwick since it became affiliated with Radisson. The choice to stay here was good and the experience pleasant.

My reason for being in Philadelphia overnight was business and I decided to stay west of Broad Street since my work was in a building between Broad and 15th. The Hotel's main entrance is on 17th St. between Walnut and Locust. It is east of Rittenhouse Square but very convenient (walking distance) to most center city businesses, the Academy of Music, Merriam Theater, Kimmel Center, Wilma Theater, many restaurants etc.

The lobby sparkles with its new brighter appearance. Reception, valet and bellman staff were very courteous and prompt. i was pleasantly surprised with my room. It was a single king and had a micro-wave and small refrigerator. It was very nicely decorated but a bit smaller than rooms found in more contemporary buildings . . . this is a wholly refurbished 1928 hotel building.

I looked in the restaurant and coffee shop but did not dine in either due to work related events at mealtimes. Both were attractive in appearance.

This is a very good location for business or for cultural/tourist visits. I would see it more preferable for adults than for couples with young children given its location west of Broad St. Also, I did not see the interior of other rooms that might be more suited to more than two guests.

I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor facing Locust Street and it was fully satisfactory. I read other reviews sayi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JEDMAD_9

Dear JEDMAD_9,
I am so glad that you tried the beautiful Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel during your last business trip to Philadelphia. Yes, the location is ideal for whatever reason your travel brings you to the city. Thank you for making note of the lobby and guest rooms as well. We hope to host your next trip to Philadelphia. Enjoy the holiday season.
Joanne Cunningham, General MAnager

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed one night and was extremely impressed. The entry and foyer and awesome. New wave and funky. The rooms are very clean and updated. Beds were very comfortable. I booked late so the price was very high. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kelly S,
Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. I hope the Marathon was a great experience for you this year and hope that you book earlier and stay with us in 2014! Have a wonderful holiday season and thank you again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We had a great short stay here
The staff could not have been more helpful despite renovations going on in the reception area
Very close to the main attractions in the city
Best view we have ever had from a toilet!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Tomi61,
Thank you for your comments! The renovations are fully completed and the results are astonishing! I hope that you have a chance to return to see it personally. I completely agree with your comment about the location - ideal for business or leisure; restaurants or attractions; people watching and the park-like Square.
Take care and enjoy your holiday,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hotel is newly renovated and looks fantastic. All of the staff that I interacted with were cheerful and helpful. I was in town for the Marathon and though i only spent one night, the front desk was happy to give me a late checkout. They also had coffee and continental breakfast out at 5am to accomodate any runners (thought that was really thoughtful!). The location is great with plenty of restaurants and shopping...close to Rittenhouse Square.

They only reason I did not give 5 stars was that the commode and bathtub were clearly left out of the otherwise fantastic renovation. Although not in bad shape, they were obviously older and the commode did not flush properly...

I would recommend this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear BlackStar926
It was our pleasure to host your visit right at the conversion of our hotel to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel - the 3rd Blu hotel in North America! Thank you for the wonderful score and the mention of the service you received by our staff. The genuinely appreciate the acknowledgement. We hope to host another stay for you soon.