“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Staff”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Astoria, New York
“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The moment you walk in, you'll notice the nice contemporary design of the lobby. I liked that everything seemed clean and organized. The room, itself was spacious enough for one person. I wish the windows were a bit bigger though. I felt like the cheapy window blinds and the small size of the window made me feel a bit ripped off, like they gave me the cheapest room possible that looked over to the roof of an abandoned building or something. The bed was amazing even though I only took up 1/3 of the king size bed. I liked that I had the option to spread out! The tv was very nice, but I don't think it was equipped properly for the signal it was sending to my tv. Every now and then, while watching a show, the tv would make a loud buzzing sound. It also didn't look very clear. I guess I expected a better picture and sound from an HDTV. I was there on a Thursday night and I think I was the only person on the floor. I was very curious to see what the other rooms looked like. Other than the small, somewhat creepy windows and the television buzzing sound, I really enjoyed my stay. I also had a wonderful breakfast buffet for $16.99? The breakfast selection was ok, but the quality of the food was really good! They had these egg/potato asparagus squares I absolutely loved! And the roasted tomatoes with pesto in the middle was so good! I wanted more, but my damn Weight Watchers diet prevented me from getting thirds (yep! I did have seconds.)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Judychausanders,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the redesigned Radisson Blu Warwick hotel here in Philadelphia. I appreciate you letting us know about your experience.

And, thank you for the recognition of the staff. Their genuine service spirit really is heartfelt. Judy, we hope to see you again soon.
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My boyfriend and I were in the city to ring in 2014; we pulled up to the hotel later then the usual check-in and were immediately assisted by the valet who directed us on where to go to check in and took care of the care. The nice young woman at front desk was pleasant and outgoing with some great opinions over where to go to ring in the new year. Now, we did check in around 10pm so the fact these folks were still delivering the best service one could ask for was a great mark for me. The room was spacious, very clean, and quiet. We had a great time out and the next morning in the chaos of a New Years Day in Philadelphia, we were treated to another round of great customer service and willingness to help out guest on a day of the Mummer's Parade.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandy M,
Thank you for spending New Year's Eve in Philadelphia and that you for your kind words on Trip Advisor.
I wish you the best for 2014.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The room - I booked the standard room but was upgraded to a relatively large room. I was also given access to their business class lounge, which is on the 11th floor. The room itself was quite nice. The decor was modern and clean. The bed was comfortable but a bit on the hard size (as a disclosure I do love my bed on the soft/plush side). It did came with very nice pillows that vary in firmness. I was still able to get a good nights sleep though.

Staff and service - Outstanding, especially at the Business lounge.

Elite status recognition - I'm a Club Carlson gold member and the hotel seems to appreciate my loyalty to the Club Carlson/Rad Blu brand. They greeted me with a yummy cheese plate, a bottle of sparkling water and chocolates from Astor chocolates. As mentioned, I was also given access to the business-class lounge.

The Business-class lounge: The area is quite nice and serves drink throughout the day. They serve breakfast from 7am to 10am. Breakfast was actually quite good. On my first day, the hot dishes comprise of fried eggs, sausages, sauteed spinach and some roasted tomatoes. On the second day, they served breakfast quesadillas. In both days, they had fresh berries, melons, fresh juice, oatmeal, cereal and pastries. Cocktail hours was fantastic. The wine was actually fairly good and nibbles were substantial. Service at the lounge was pleasant and attentive.

Location - Great location and close to many restaurants, shops and cafes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Arjuna888,
Thank you for being a member of our loyalty program, Club Carlson. Yes we do take excellent care of our members and with your status, you earned an upgrade to our fabulous private Lounge. We have recently made some changes to our offering in The Lounge, so I am thrilled that you recognized that.
Thanks for the comments and have a great day!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Warwick Radisson Blu is the absolute best spot to stay in Philly! We've strayed there twice already, once in 2011, and again recently in December 2013. They just had a major renovation and the whole hotel is now beautiful, modern and super appealing. Our room was super comfortable, spacious and clean with all the bells and whistles we wanted- free wifi, an extensive range of quality complimentary bathroom products, and a California King bed. I recommend upgrading to business class so you get to enjoy access to a free happy hour in the 11th floor lounge from 5-7, including tasty hors d'oeuvres and an bar. That's right I said OPEN BAR. Like scotch. Free. They also serve a lovely breakfast in the same lounge until 10:30am in the morning. Rockstar concierge Troy made us feel welcome and cared for from the moment we checked-in. Also, the location by Rittenhouse Square cannot be beat. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor!

I am thrilled to see that you were able to take advantage of our location and our hotel's amenities.

I appreciate the patronage and hope to see you again soon!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel is newly remodeled. Our room was large ,with lots of windows We enjoyed our stay was not that impressed with room service however. The lobby is beautiful. Would stay there again. Loved the atmosphere Great location wonderful Prime rib restaurant with piano. Loved the ambiance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jan4000,
Thank you for your review of the hotel. It looks like you stayed in July and if so, you must come back for the full experience of the beautiful lobby renovation! I appreciate the time you took to post this review.
Have a fantastic day!
Philadlephia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very poor customer service. The front desk staff is unable to fulfill any requests that are made. In fact in our case they actually did the opposite of what we requested.
My husband and I made a reservation and paid for a one night hotel room for our son and daughter in law and requested that his deluxe king room not be near the elevator or have a connecting door. My husband and I actually went to the hotel earlier in the day to make sure that our request would be granted. Our son was flying home from europe and it was his anniversary. We wanted to make sure that the room would be quiet and they would not be disturbed since it was New Years Eve. When my son checked in to the room (actually I checked in for him because he was exhausted) we were given a white envelope and we went to his room to check it out. The room was located near the elevator, it had a connecting door and was not a deluxe king room. At this point our son was too tired to deal with it and said he was going to sleep. I went to the front desk and explained (not happily) the situation. I got blank stares and was told that they would look into it. The manager was not available to speak with us. I requested that the manager call me that night so we could discuss the situation. I also requested that my son not be disturbed. Of course I was not called but you guessed it, they called my son's room instead. At that point he had gone to sleep and was not willing to change rooms.
After repeated calls to get the situation worked out and express my frustration I called the corporate office since nobody was getting back to me at the local level. The corporate office took down the complaint (they were very responsive). Since a formal complaint was filed the local hotel had 36 hours to get back to me. A manager called me within that time period and proceeded to tell me that my son on check in had asked for an upgrade and this is what they gave him. I could not believe what I heard since I did the check in process and that never happened. My son actually never spoke a word and I never asked for an upgrade. When I brought this to the manager's attention he told me he would now have to go back and speak with his employees again and see what they said.
In all of my travels and stays at hotels I have never been treated with such little respect. What ever happened to the customer is always right? This cannot be made up. It really happened.
Still no resolution and I refuse to deal with the local hotel at this point. Disgraceful.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Linda A
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Linda A,
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia I sincerely apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your comments with our team, and I assure you we will work diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Our intent was always to make it right for your son. I did have a very pleasant conversation with him about the situation and his accommodations. Our reception team communicated all requests made by all parties throughout. Again, I sincerely apologize for any confusion and inconvenience.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Thank you.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel is located in downtown, which makes it nice to walk to venues - shopping, restaurants, and bars. Hotel, however, is old. There were multiple outlets in the room that were not working. Bathroom and closet were very small. Room was average size for a king size bed. No room service offered on 12/31 until 5 pm! That I could not believe. Staff was very pleasant and helpful though. Most likely will stay in a different hotel when I return to Philly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear amraac,
Thank you for letting me know about your recent stay. I apologize I am just getting the opportunity to respond.
If you would like, please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience personally. However, should you choose note to, trust that your comments were heard.