“Good hotel option when you are on business in downtown Philly”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was a business trip with the need to be downtown for appointments. The nice part was the location and the fact I could walk to my meetings, and was able to leave the car parked with valet parking. The rooms were clean, well kept and had plenty of space. I had no problems with the free wi-fi in the room or when sitting down in the lobby having a drink. I got a coffee and danish for breakfast from the coffee shop, which worked out well. The workout room was large and had a good number of machines with tvs, as well as free weights. I would select this hotel again when in Philly!

1  Thank VacationReady330
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear VacationReady330,
I am delighted you were able to enjoy our downtown location and all that it has to offer including walking to local businesses and organizations. The lobby indeed is so relaxing and I am glad you were able to enjoy it as well as something scrumptous from our Coffee Bar.

The free wireless internet through out the hotel and in our guest rooms is fast and reliable. And our fitness center surprises many with it's size, quality and the variety of equipment. We will eagerly await your next visit to Philly!
Joanne Cunningham

There are newer reviews for The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The hotel is right in downtown with several restaurants nearby.
The lobby is super modern and the rooms are very clean and spacious. Staff was very helpful and nice. The hotel is minutes away from the train station, a cab ride costs $10 bucks.
I've loved the room decoration and the coffee machine in the room.

Ask for a room far from the elevator. I've stayed in Room 330 right in front of one of the elevators and I could hear the elevator every time! But if you're leaving early and arriving late I think it wouldn't be a problem.

Dear LorenaFortuna,
Thank you for the five star review on Trip Advisor!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and noticed how convenient the location is (especially to the restaurant scence in our city!) and how friendly our team is as well.
We await your next trip to our beautiful city and our stylish hotel.
Regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We spent a quiet Monday evening at the Radisson Blu in Philadelphia this week. The hotel is located on 220 South 17th Street. In the manner of other boutique hotel fronts, the Radisson Blu has the soft, blue lighting at the entrance. The sharpo corners of the furniture, carpet runs and overall style carry throughout the hotel, the rooms and the restaurant.

We had read others who said the walls were paper thin, but we did not hear any noises in our 10th floor room. We also were towards the backside of the hotel (rooms 1-10 on each floor are further from 17th Street) and are buffeted by other buildings on either side of the hotel.

I would recommend the dine and park combination because it gives a full breakfast and includes the valet parking - a $40 fee in downtown Philly.

The room was more than adequate. Everything worked. Internet is free (via WiFi) and worked immediately with a strong connection. the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was well-cleaned and stocked with enough items to get a traveler through the shower and clean-up process. Towels were thick and large.

We ate in the one restaurant and the breakfast food selection - either menu of buffet - was really good. I tried everything in the hot buffet line as well as the fruits and pastries. No problems or bad tastes with any food item. The coffee was also quite acceptable with fresh creak in a pitcher, not in plastic "last forever" containers.

I would recommend the Radisson Blu for its close proximaty to UPenn and downtown. The cost was roughly $350 for the night with taxes and valet parking/breakfast for two adults and a college-bound student.

Room Tip: Quiter rooms will be found on the two backside hallways. The building is a U shaped design and the r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael B

Dear Michael B,
Thank you for the posting about your recent stay.
I am delighted that you took advantage of one of the best hotel packages in the city - with breakfast buffet and valet parking included - and noted the fast reliable and compliemtnary wifi.
We hope to see you again while visiting your college bound student here in Philadelphia!
Regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my first stay at a Radisson Blu of any kind so I was unsure what to expect. I knew it was a renovation as well. The room itself was a king standard award room (that was not upgraded as a Gold Member, nor was there a welcome gift). It was plenty spacious and actually great for just me, a couple of places to sit, no major areas taken up with tables or other stuff I never use in a hotel. The TV looked great even though I never used it. The room was stocked with the robe and slippers, 2 bottles of water, plenty of tea and coffee (which I also don't drink or use), plenty of light, etc. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were not great for me. I slept ok though and didn't ask for anything firmer, so that is on me. They were big and fluffy and plentiful! Outlets near the bed are always welcome for charging. The bathroom was fair sized. The only thing I didn't like was that the room heater/air unit was one of those noisy things that sit under the window that I associate with cheaper hotels. The temperature was fine and I turned the whole thing off for my whole stay so it was not an issue. Oh, and my room connected via a door to another room. These are not super soundproofed. I got to listen to my neighbor try and reserve some dinner plans for a party of 6 while I was changing from "walk around the city" mode into "out with friends from town mode".

Location was great for me. I consider the location to be walking distance to the major historical sites and in fact to everything, but it is 10 or so blocks and I believe there are SEPTA lines that run straight down for the non-walkers. The parking garage was easy to find around the corner and I stored my car there for the weekend. If I hadn't needed to drive out to Adamstown on Sunday, I would have just taken a train in and not needed a car. The staff was all helpful and informative when I had any questions. The lobby does have a great BLUE look. I did not check out the gym or any of the on-site restaurants.

I would stay here again. Point value was great for me as the rooms downtown at every hotel were really expensive for this past weekend for some reason. I would also check out another Radisson property in the future. It was a good, not amazing, stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank niehaubs

Dear niehaubs,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on your experience with us. We do value your patronage and membership in our Club Carlson loyalty program. I will be certain to let our team know of your comment regarding the upgrade and welcome amenity so we may appropriately recognize our loyal members.
I hope that your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia and the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel.
Joanne Cunningham,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Talk about a face lift. Somehow Radisson took the stodgy old Warwick hotel and COMPLETELY renovated or should I say transmogrified it into a hip, light, cool , comfortable hotel in the heart of Philadelphia. I am a fan and I will be back. Forget the Sofitel, this is now my favorite Philly place to stay.

Room Tip: Eat at the PARC up on the corner. Best seafood
1  Thank Tom M
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Tom M,
Wow! Thanks for a really sweet comment on our hotel! We are so proud of our history and with this new look we are ready to welcome the next gen!
Thank you very much for the posting - have a great week,
Joanne Cunningham,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is near all you need to see in Filadelfia and the lobby is greatly designed. The rooms are poorly lighted and some of the staff need some customer satisfaction refresh. Breakfast is good and the coffee place in the corner of the hotel has real coffee and good cakes and the place is pleasant.

Room Tip: Que no este muy lejos del ascensor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Marpleon ,
Thank you for your most recent posting on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your experience as it greatly assist us in making improvements to our hotel and in providing the best service possible.

We welcome a return visit at any time and do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

first time back since renovations are complete.....looks great....staff very friendly and professionally...the decor in lobby,halls and room are outstanding.....very convient to all parts of city......worth the price.....great experience

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leonard C

Dear LenConway,
Hello and thanks for posting on Trip Advisor about your recent stay here in Philadelphia at the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel. Being a top contributor and having travelled a great deal, your review means alot.

Thanks for the recognition of our product and service and we hope your travels bring you back to our city and this hotel.
Joanne Cunningham