The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've been around and not often do I rave about a hotel. But this hotel deserves its praises.

Here is my rating:

Lobby – 9 (hip & happening with an amazing bar attached)
Hallways – 10 (finally nice hallways to match the room)
Room – 9 (bigger than most with an amazing closet)
Location – 10 (park your car and leave it. Everything you need is within 6 blocks)
Price – 9 (compared to other hotels around this area, the price is excellent)

Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank jrman66
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear jrman66,
WOW! Thank you for an outstanding review of the Radisson Blu Warwick hotel here in Rittenhouse Square. I am delighted you were able to enjoy your stay in our beautiful and iconic hotel here in downtown Philadelphia. We look forward to your return visit. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was not supposed to stay here - but I am glad I did and will return for sure. I was part of a room block at another hotel at which I had stayed at before. Because they were renovating, my reservation was moved to the Radisson Blu.

Love the lobby. It's bright and modern. I wanted to hang out there!

The staff was fine. Not rude, not overly friendly, just ok.

We checked in quickly and our 8th floor room was comfortable and clean. It was not fancy, but just right for a one night stay in the city.

The location is pretty awesome. The alley just to the right of the hotel takes to right to Rittenhouse Square!

With a good rate, we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smep013

Dear smep013,
I certainly am glad that it all worked out well for you having had to relocate to the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel during you visist to Philadelphia. I agree, the location, Rittenhouse Square district, is the best in the city. I appreciate your comments - thanks!
Take care,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip. Loved the room and decor. The bathroom was a bit small. The restaurant Tavern 17 was pretty good. The staff here were very friendly. I loved the decor in the lobby- very modern!! I would certainly recommend this to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Anindita S,
Thank you for the recognition of the staff here at the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel in downtown Philadelphia! This team loves to talk to our guests and do whatever it takes to meet their needs and ensure a great hospitality experience. I will be sure to share your comment with them.
Thank you.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel last April. What i really liked in this hotel are the furnishings. It is quite trendy and the toiletries are really nice. Service was great and the staff were friendly. I like staying in their edgy lobby too. Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear tjoezerjohn,
Your review of the Radisson Blu Warwick hotel in center city Philadelphia is much appreciated! The lobby is absolutely gorgeous, unique and comfortable as well. The historic features of the lobby were designed to translate to a more contemporary look and feel for today's traveller.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here recently on my first trip to Philly.
The hotel had a friendly feel from the start, I checked in and went to my room which was lovely, nice big bed, nice and clean.
Free, good wifi which is always a bonus, i really hate when i am charged for wifi.

My room was on the 7th floor but it was still relatively noisey but i guess thats what you get in a city! The doors out to the hallway are pretty light too so you hear people talking when going by.
I took a stroll after a long flight and came across lots of shops so it appears to be well located. I didnt use the gym but there is one.
I had dinner in the Tavern bar, it was nice, no complaints.

It was a warm day, a large bottle of complementary water would have been great, or 2 little ones, rather than 1.

Room Tip: Not sure what the rooms are facing opposite mine, but i would ask for one to the back of the buildin...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Matilda2Ireland,
Thank you for the comment about your first stay here in Philadelphia. I am so pleased that you had a good stay although it sounds like it was a bit short!
Yes, the location in center city and specifically Rittenhouse Square is optimum for anyone's travel to Philadelphia. We are looking forward to hosting your future "second" time in Philadelphia soon!
Take care,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu when visiting friends in Philadelphia this past June and loved it.

I had never stayed at a Radisson Blu hotel (though of course knew what regular Radisson's looked like), and was pleasantly surprised. The quality of the Hotel is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than that of a Radisson. The lobby was grand and a good place to socialize / congregate. The rooms (which I was told were recently renovated), were well-appointed, reminding me somewhat of a room at a W hotel in terms of style and quality. Though I did not eat at either of the two restaurants, the quick and go coffee bar was a convenient way to start the day.

I had a Business Class room, which gave me access to the business lounge. This was a nice amenity for a bite to eat / a free drink during lulls in the day. If you can snag one of these (slightly higher price), do it.

The hotel's location was exceptional. It was not only very close to those I was visiting but also proximate to some of the nicest restaurants in Philly as well as some of the better shopping on Walnut Street. It was also easy to grab a Septa train to get around the city.

Overall, the Blu made for a wonderful stay in Philadelphia. I will be staying there again next time I visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Craig M,
You really rocked that review on Trip Advisor of the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel! Thank you for the very detailed posting. I am so pleased that you had a good time here and I must give you props for taking advantage of the good public transportation system to get around Philadelphia.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia, I certainly hope that you will select us as your go to hotel.

Regards,
Joanne Cunningham

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I spent a holiday weekend here and it was a beautiful stay. Modern, classy rooms with professional and helpful staff. Everything was clean and better then described on their website. The lobby was my favorite.... cozy and welcoming and gorgeous. Not the cheapest place in Philly but a fabulous location in Rittenhouse and close to everything.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear BoooBoooBear,
Thank you for taking a few minutes to post a comment about your stay. and THANK YOU for a great score! We appreciate your feedback and hope that you visit with us again soon.
Regards,