“July 4th in Philly”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lake George, New York
“July 4th in Philly”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for 5 people on Hotwire and got the Radisson Blu Warwick. Upon arrival we were told one room wasn't ready yet although it was 4:30 in the afternoon. Also discovered that although we had 5 people we had been assigned 2 king rooms. Ordinarily this would have been ok but we were traveling with our teenage nephew so sleeping arrangements really required 2 doubles. To accommodate us we were upgraded to the Franklin Suite, consisting of 3 rooms with 2 kings and a sleeper sofa. The rooms and the entire hotel were tastefully decorated and well kept. The staff was outstanding! We will definitely be back. We have stayed in several 4 star hotels in the area and this was by far the best. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DFfamilytravels
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear DFfamilytravels,
Thank you for your comments.
I am so sorry that we did not have your requested room type available at check in however, I am also pleased that our staff was able to identify your needs and accommodate your family. Indeed we are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of the great service that we pride ourselves on.
I very much appreciate your comments and look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia again in the future.
Take care, Joanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

So we scored a great deal through groupon... We checked in yesterday July 3rd and are still at the hotel. Troy at the front desk is very warm, welcoming and pleasant; great start. The ambience of the lobby is wonderful; fresh, modern and vibrant. I am a super OCD clean freak and would have given it 5 stars but I found a hair in the bathroom and around the bedpost it is a little dusty; but it wouldn't keep me from returning...I have service 4 stars because I am a but disappointed that I will have to pay the expensive daily valet fee because it is a waste. They are extremely slow. Not only that but one attendant says to call 15 minutes in advance and another attendant says "no it takes 2 minutes to get your car" in both cases we are waiting outside with two toddler for at least 10 minutes!!!! Not a happy camper. We should receive some kind of discount for the valet. Other then that hotel is a winner. We will probably be back and will park our own car unless valet is free.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jessica S
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Jessica S,

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on. I shared your comment about Troy with him and he was thrilled!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and lobby. I do apologize for the issue with valet team and have addressed it with them.

We look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the beautiful and historic Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel.
Take care,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I loved this hotel. My wife and I just stayed there on a Tuesday night. We got a great deal though Priceline Name your Own Price. Great location near Rittenhouse Square.Close to so many wonderful restaurants and shopping with convenient transit options. The room smelled great as soon as we opened the door. The room was extremely clean, it was quiet and the decor was nice. Beds and pillows were comfortable. If anything the toilet "ran" and made some noise for a few minutes after it was flushed. Otherwise, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The gym was big and clean with a large selection of machines- cardio and weights. I loved this hotel and plan to return!

Room Tip: Because we used Priceline Name Your Own Price to book it we were not able to pre select the size of...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ani_Ryan
Dear Ani_Ryan,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the beautiful Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel. From the fashion inspired rooms to the edgy and dramatic lobby the hotel's redesign blends the contemporary with the signature architecture our hotel is so famous for. And, yes the location is ideal for whatever brings you to Philadelphia!

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on. I have shared your comment with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel.
Bronx, New York, USA
Reviewed 1 July 2014

since I stay here every time I'm in Philly (the middle of April and then again the beginning of June) I can't review it every time ... Trip Advisor as you wait 3 months

I love the fact that this hotel has Complimentary Wi-Fi a major plus for me (not $10 to $20 a day like some other hotel chains) and the lobby renovations/ambience are even featured on the Club Carlson Elite Member Brochure.

As a Gold Elite Member I am also privy to the Luxury Floor Lounge with complimentary evening bar reception, take advantage of the Radisson Blu “stand-by” upgrades that will allow anyone to experience these luxury rooms at an additional cost and have access to the wonderful Lounge & complimentary in-room espresso maker with espresso variety and bottled water that you can chill in the refrig.

The breakfast buffet in Tavern 17 has even added a fresh omelets station where you can choose regular or all egg white omelet. I'm looking forward to experiencing the bottomless Italian mimosas the next time Sat or Sun I'm there. Hotel management is thinking of everything, the last time I was there I raised my voice at my guest before stepping into the elevator and the front desk manager called my room to check if everything was ok - making sure 1st that I was ok and 2nd that nothing had upset me with the hotel or staff. Wow now that's customer service!

Others have spoken to the location - what I know is that the hotel is always walking distance or an under $10 cab ride from any place I need to be while I'm in Philly.

Looking forward to my next stay in Sep.

Room Tip: Pay the additional cost for Executive King or Double rooms for all the "extras"
Green Features: as with most hotels - you can hang your towels up so they are not replaced and sleep on the same sheets vs new ones each night
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HAYNES5
Dear HAYNES5,
It is such a pleasure to host your visits to Philadelphia. Your feedback continues to enable our team to provide the attention to detail that does significantly impact the overall experience.

We can't wait to share some additional new features and amenities of the hotel during your return visit in September. Enjoy the summer and thank you from all of us here at the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel for the FIVE star review!
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The only problem we had was the room next door and our toilet flushed every 15 minutes, even through the night. We were unable to change rooms because it was apparently full. When I spoke to the reception staff member about not being able to get any sleep because of this, she responded by saying sorry and she will let the maintenance guys know, no mention of a free night or even a discount. Hence we only stayed 1 night. Other than that, all good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rachael W
Dear Rachael W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia I sincerely apologize for the concerns you shared about your guest room bath experience during your recent visit.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. Please let me know if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia so I can pay particular attention to your reservation.
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Spent seven days in Philly three at a hotel in the area and the other four at the Warwick. Our room was available at 11am so that was a plus since we were relocating from a different hotel. Upon entry the lobby is nice with that hit of blue and the seating area is a nice touch. Our room was a pretty decent size and bright with sunlight. The bed was comfortable to me but my wife didn't agree with it much. The hotel seems to be newly renovated which is also a plus my one issue was on my last night I could here the couple next door fussing for a few hours so I'll assume the walls were pretty thin. So review of the Warwick is a decent place to stay I'd stay there again if I'm in Philly.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank MotorCityDude
Dear MotorCityDude
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and product to provide a memorable experience for our valued guests.

I appreciate the feedback and I am so pleased that we were able to accommodate you for an early check in. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Take care,
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This is a fair hotel. The rooms are spacious. Location is OK. The bathrooms are OK. Breakfast is OK. Service is OK. But if you are looking for a hotel which is more than just OK, this is not your hotel. I guess that the best part of the hotel is the lobby which is exquisitely decorated. So don't be carried away just by the lobby photos.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Okyalos21
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Okyalos21
Thank you for sharing a comment about your recent stay. Our goal is to deliver not only an exceptional service and product, but also a memorable one. On behalf of the team at the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again and earn your respect for our commitment to excellence.
Enjoy a lovely summer weekend!
Joanne