“Disappointed”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Upon arrival we were notified our room was not ready -- 15-20 minute wait. No biggie, we waited in the bar with the drink vouchers they gave us. My boyfriend and I decided to order dinner while we were there. Dinner took an absurd amount of time to arrive and there was one bartender working a packed bar on a Saturday evening. After about 45 minutes at the bar my boyfriend checked on the room. He was given a key, only to go to the room and discover the housekeeper still cleaning. He returned to the bar and we finished our dinner.

Went back to the room after dinner to discover a DISGUSTING bathroom. We called the concierge and were assured someone would be up momentarily -- after we waited another 30 minutes my boyfriend went to the front desk to see what was the hold up. They told him to change rooms however while he was downstairs the maid arrived and cleaned our bathroom (lack of communication). The maid told me that she didn't know why we were checked into that room because it hadnt' been checked for cleanliness. While they were switched our rooms they disabled our current rooms key and we were told our new key would be brought to the room.. the key never arrived.. once again we had to go downstairs. Our housekeeper mentioned getting us a voucher for complimentary breakfast.. we practically had to beg for it.

While having the complimentary breakfast the next morning, my boyfriend found a hair in his food. This could have happened anywhere but this was icing on the cake.

I sent an e-mail to customer service almost two weeks ago and have no heard anything back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear 4ABB,
Thank you for your response. I was most disappointed to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with us on your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia.

We like to promote a high standard of quality and I am deeply apologetic that your experience did not reflect this. I can clearly see from your feedback that the service and product you received was unacceptable. I completely understand after hearing about the issues you had, why you would be disappointed.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback and I do hope that you will try us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed previously at the Raddison Blu prior to the completion of the recent renovations and the renovations are a great improvement. The lobby and rooms are modern and well furnished. The room was comfortable and clean. In addition to the stylish room and lobby, we were politely received by the front desk staff at our very late arrival check-in. The hotel is in a great location in Philadelphia, and is walking distance to great restaurants, pubs, and shopping. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room away from elevator traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear FlightRisk107,
Glad to have you back! Yes, we are so pleased with the "new" look of the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel - thank you for helping us tell others about it! We hope to see you again soon.
Have a great weekend and take care,
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu and found the location to be its best feature. The first room we checked into was small, cramped and stuffy with views of the HVAC system. Due to mechanical issues, we were haltingly re-assigned to another room in the middle of the night by the front desk. We found the differences in room quality to be substantial. Parking/valet system is inefficient and chaotic. If given a choice, I would recommend other hotels in the area as pricing and amenities are relatively similar.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear TravD
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia I apologize for the air conditioning issue you experienced at this hotel and having to relocate accommodations during your stay.

If your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia, please let me know as I would like to personally handle your reservation. We would appreciate the opportunity of a return visit.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hamilton, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Don't get us wrong - four stars is a very good rating, but to qualify for five stars one has to go above and beyond, which presently is not the case with Warwick Blu.
There are quite a few great things about the hotel. Location is superb; it is right by the Rittenhouse Square and practically in the middle of everything, but at the same time the area is less crowded and less noisy (compared to other centrally located Philadelphia hotels).
Secondly, the rates are the best available for comparable hotels in the area. Then you get a free Wi-Fi with a decent reception, and free coffee and tea supplies in the rooms (something that many hotels have been recently nickel'ing and dime'ing its guests for) and even a small free bottle of water in the room, placed in every morning. The rooms are of a very good size; our room on the seventh floor was very quite, the windows giving on Locust Street. The walk-in closet is one of the biggest we ever encountered at hotels, though we do agree with other reviewers that some of this space could have been used for a bigger bathroom; yet the spacious closet is a plus.
Then the lobby and hallways and elevators have been remodeled and redesigned in a very creative and 'cool' way. The lobby is very impressive - please refer to the pictures we took.
The minuses are very few and insignificant. The sink and its table - as noted by other reviewers - offer limited space for one's toiletries and are a bit uncomfortable; the position of the toilet paper holder is equally sub-optimal.
The service is good, but average good, no special attention was given or felt.
The breakfast choices at the adjacent Tavern 17 are decent, both a la carte and the buffet options; the prices are reasonable.
The valet service is only $4 more than the area's parking garages, so we would recommend you use the valet service if coming by car.
All and all, we would definitely recommend Warwick Blu, hoping the management keeps working on further improvements.

Room Tip: Our seventh floor room facing Locust St was very good and quiet.
Green Features: The hotels does follow the environmentally-friendly practices, but then 99% of today's hotels doo too.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RGSOUNDF
Dear RGSOUNDF,
Thank you for your comments.
I am just getting to some of my emails and I want you to know that I read your comment when it arrived in my email, but have not had time until now to respond. I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response.

I did discuss your response with our team in detail and I appreciate the detail that you shared.
If your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please reach out to me so I can personally handle your reservation.

Take care,
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just checked out of The Radisson Blu Warwick less than 12 hours ago. The hotel is a mixed bag. On one hand, the hotel was accommodating when it came to honoring my parents request for a room change. The original front desk agent who checked us in and assigned the rooms gave my parents the keys to the room intended for me and vice versa. The room they were given far from the elevator and did not have a bathtub, not ideal for my parents. But, the hotel did honor our request for a late checkout.

It was my understanding that this was supposed to be an up-scale brand for Radisson/Carlson to compete with either W or Kimpton. Carlson needs to pick a concept (trendy or boutique) and stick with it. The hotel did not have a knowledgeable concierge or staff very familiar with restaurants and attractions.

The hotel is however in a great area with easy access to tourist attractions and restaurant's.

Room Tip: does not seem to be a hotel with great view's. Not every room has a bathtub!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear jgelles7

Thank you for your comments.

I apologize for the mix up with your parent’s room and the inconvenience it caused. All rooms do have baths except for our accessible rooms.
We do pride ourselves in the service we provide our guests and would like the opportunity to re-earn your patronage. If your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please reach out to me and I will personally handle your reservation.
Enjoy your weekend,
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

With the Kimpton and Soffitel, etc. hotels down the street, the Warwick has attempted to re-make itself from the classic downtown hotel to the modern, boutique hotel. It meets this challenge with varying degrees of success. The re-done lobby and comfortable beds are great and my king room had a lot of extra space that I did not use or need (i.e. I didn't need a large walk-in closet for a 2-night stay). I wish some of the closet space had been translated to the bathroom and that the people re-doing the bathroom had actually used some of the fancy fixtures put into place-- it's little things like having to twist more to reach the toilet paper and not enough space around the sink for toiletry bags that make this hotel rate below others down the block. The service was good though and staff responded whenever I needed assistance. Additionally, you can't beat the location and reasonable rates along with the free wi-fi. As long as you know you're not getting a true boutique hotel, these things outweigh the other minor issues for me.

Room Tip: The king bedroom was quite large and more than I needed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank davisellu
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear davisellu,
Thank you for the very nice review you posted about the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel in Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia. I appreciate the candid remarks and also pointing out the free wi-fi and unbeatable location. I am glad that you enjoyed the new bedding product as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Have a great week!
Joanne, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel! A little too expensive but i wasnt paying :-) i would recommend this place for sure! The size of our room was massive! We had two double comfortable beds and good size bathroom - both very clean and in a good general order. Lovely stuff, the cleaners were lovely and chatty :-) i would drfinitely recommend this place! The only small problem we had was with a car. My friends have just bought their brand new Audi and when we collected it on the departure the seats were sticky and we had an impression that someone had a good look through the car ... nothing was damaged or missing though :-) great stay all together!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank wiolakaro
Dear wiolakaro,
Thank you from us all here at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia for the FIVE star review! We appreciate your time and your feedback as we continue to look for ways to improve upon the guest experience in the hotel.
Have a wonderful week and we hope to see you again soon!
Take care,