“Gorgeous Hotel, Great location”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Gorgeous Hotel, Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My teenage daughter and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Warwick in Philadelphia on July 30 & 31, 2014 while in the city looking at colleges. The hotel lobby makes a great impression, sleek and modern and it literally glows blue at night. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our room wasn't huge but it was large enough, very clean and comfortable. Parking garage is next to the hotel, but there is an entrance directly into the lobby. The location is perfect with shopping and restaurants all around and within very short walking distances. The only problem that I had was the hotel didn't plot well on my car GPS and due the one way streets in the immediate hotel area, we had a bit of difficulty locating it. I booked the hotel blindly through Hotwire, and got a great rate ($125/nt), but we would definitely consider another stay on our future trips. Fingers crossed for a Philly college acceptance!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
centreville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

First time in Philly... We had the best time ever. We arrived early and they upgraded our roomsince that one wasn't available yet. The bell men at the front door were the best i have ever come across. So polite and helpful. We had dinner at the The Prime Rib and food and service were top notch! Room was spacious and clean and very comfortable bed! Great job keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Phila PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This recently renovated hotel is highly recommended. I remember when this was the venerable old Warwick and to look around and see the changes is fascinating.

Our room was sleek and comfortable.

Room service was prompt and tasty.

We will definitely return.

Room Tip: not a bad one in the place
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear bonniePhilaPA
What a lovely review of the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again!
Enjoy the weekend and the rest of the summer,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu Warwick in Philadelphia. The hotel was impeccable and modern looking. The staff was helpful with everything we needed. We couldn't have asked for anything more to better our stay. There were so many good restaurants in the area and everything we wanted to visit was in walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Patrick,
Thank you for the FIVE Star review ! The staff certainly appreciates the recognition and beautiful comments about the hotel and the location. We are looking forward to hosting your next stay while in Philadelphia!
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I come up to Philadelphia regularly, and had to extend my stay by one day this time. Because the hotels where I normally stay were more expensive for the additional night, I thought I would give the Radisson Blu a try.

The person checking me in was very pleasant and got me checked in quickly.

My room was pleasantly larger than I expected. It had two queen (or full?) beds, what looked like a Knoll Barcelona Chair, a workstation, and small flat screen TV.

I settled in, connected to the complimentary access WiFi network, which was fast.

Then I went to get ready for bed. The bathroom was small, but acceptable. The sink was modern, updated. The toilet and tub looked old - the tub had a large portion of the enamel peeled away.

Then I noticed that there was a little hair in the sink. I dismissed it and turned on the water. I brushed my teeth.

Then I noticed a long hair in the tub.

At this point, I decided that this room had not been properly cleaned after the last guest departed, and I rang up the front desk to inform them of the situation.

They were very apologetic and quickly sent someone with a key to another room.

I packed up and headed up to my new room.

Naturally, the first thing I did was check the place to make sure it was clean.

Sadly, it wasn't. I found two hair on one corner of the tub. I didn't look any further.

I rang up the front desk and asked for the manager. I got put on hold for a long time, so I decided to just head downstairs.

I explained the situation, and asked to check out.

I have to credit both the manager and the individuals I spoke with at the front desk - the service provided was excellent.

Hopefully, they can improve in the cleaning and inspection department.

I am now in a room at a hotel I am familiar with, and looking forward to a good night's sleep!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear maverickflyer,
I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues that you experienced in your guest rooms. I have reviewed this with our housekeeping team and we will address our attention and focus to the cleanliness detail of our guest rooms.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I sincerely appreciate your patronage.
Take care,
Joanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

A fantastic hotel in a great location just off the main shopping areas of Chestnut and Walnut streets. Room was large with a Queen size bed and sizeable bathroom as well as a walk in wardrobe. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear yvonneeve,
wow! A Five star review! Thank you very much for letting us know about your recent visit to Philadelphia and stay at the beautiful and iconic Radisson Blu Warwick hotel. The staff is thrilled to receive your feedback!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at the Radisson for a girlfriends' weekend trip. Had heard it had been renovated, and expected it to be nice due to its location (Rittenhouse Square). Perfect for walking, shopping, noshing, etc. Front desk extremely personable and helpful. The complimentary fruit-flavored water in the lobby was a nice treat while we waited to be checked in on a warm day. Main lobby lounge was comfortable. Colorful hallways, lobby. Nice rooms; soundproof. View not too bad (Room #826) and darkening shades truly kept the sun out!! Appreciated the environmentally consciousness of the hotel. Housekeeping staff was very nice; we asked for more towels, and she left about TEN! Would not hesitate to return to the Radisson.

Room Tip: 1.HVAC room was kinda screwy. No matter how much we lowered the temperature and/or turned down the f...
Green Features: Loved it! If you don't need new towels every day, you don't have to get them.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends