“Brotherly love”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My family stayed 3 nights at the Blu Warwick. The valet staff especially Stephen were friendly and welcoming offering a much appreciated first impression of this hotel. They allowed us to store our reasonably sized roof rack in the storage room at no cost and valet was timely but staff had to be called prior to 0700 hrs but wait was not excessive ( call beforehand if you are in a hurry). Check in was easy and David was able to accommodate our request for one of the rooms to have two beds. The location was excellent close to great restaurants and very walkable area. Although, be prepared that most shops/stores in the area close at 6 pm or 7 pm irregardless of the day of the week ( including the liberty mall) and the city is relatively easy to navigate other than lots of one way streets. The rooms were clean and beds especially the pillows were very comfortable. The rooms include a fridge but are small and function just enough to cool beverages. The bathrooms sure a bit tight but the second room we had was more generous, however this was an upgrade king deluxe. The wifi was impressively functional with a consistent signal. The rooms were quiet and hallway noise was minimal and white noise from the AC was tolerable. We were very happy to have stayed at this hotel. Again, extra props to a David for his recommendations, directions and genuine friendliness making our trip to Philadelphia memorable we look forward to returning to this great city in the near future!

There are newer reviews for The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Superior location and great new product. Excellent place to stay in the heart of Center City. Would highly recommend staying here. The Bell Captain Steve Hornstein, Mr. Philadelphia, will help you find the best restaurants, etc. in the city!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Warwick for business travel. The hotel employees were very polite and courteous, as was the hotel was very clean. I had a fantastic three night stay and I must say, I cannot think of anything negative to speak about my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was the second hotel we stayed at during a group road trip to Philly. Now, I was expecting it to be nice, and swanky, because of the location, but I was actually impressed.
One of my 'cohorts' was feeling really sick the day we were to check in, and she just wanted to be able to lay down. We had to be out of our other hotel by noon, and had lunch plans. But then nothing. So we called the Radisson to see if we could get an early check-in, explaining the issue, and they were very polite, and quite helpful.
It wasn't as early as we would've liked, but the fact that they made concessions for us at all was a point in their favor, in my book.
When we did arrive, we had a little confusion on where we were parking, but that's just because we didn't want to valet it, and spend more money, we wanted to park ourselves. No crisis though, as I had found the correct garage! Yay!
The front lobby area is so cool looking, and somewhat crazy because of all of the mirrors, and the lady at the check-in desk was lovely! I stayed with the pile of luggage while another person did the checking in, but I could hear her. She was very helpful, smiled a lot, and offered up a map so we would be able to get to the subway easily (We had a concert that night).
Moving on to the room...
It was nice and comfy. The hallways themselves were modern and artsy and fun. Sorry, I was really intrigued by them! There was a minifridge, which we hadn't realized, and that came in handy! The bathroom got really hot, if you didn't open the window to let air in, but I can totally live with that! There were little lights on each side of the bed so you could have them on as reading lights and not have every light in the room on at once!
The bellboy (man) who helped us get all our luggage to the car the next morning was very nice, and helpful. I felt bad for not letting him put the bags in the trunk like he wanted to do, but I wanted things packed a certain way, so I'm sorry I took his job away for a moment!
The parking attendants were fun and friendly. And we got to ride up in the car elevator which I, personally, thought was amazing. I guess that's just a little side thing, though.
All in all, great stay. Friendly people, comfy bed, two thumbs up.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was happy with the hotel. 17th st, around Rittenhouse sq is full of hotels of this caliber and It is a very clean area. The hotel was bright and the room was well laid out. Staff was very receptive to any request we made and our interaction with them was positive overall. I did not use hotel parking, and I found parking near by which was cheaper than the one offered by the hotel. I would definitely return to this location for my future Philadelphia stays

Room Tip: Pay and get an upgraded business room, it is worth it
1  Thank Troy B
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Poor service,employees seemed hired literally from passers by on the street, hot water, toilet flush, hair drier, central light control did not work, one day the room was not cleaned at all! We paged for valet car service to get our car and 20 minutes later got message there was noone available...totally unacceptable on the whole!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Maria K
Germaine m, Front Office Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson Blu by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Germaine Matthews Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is situated in a perfect spot for dining, shopping, sightseeing & cultural events. Staff is friendly and helpful. The bed is as soft as a cloud and fitness center had exactly what i look for - plenty of equipment and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business