“Interesting options from bar, to buffet to regular dining room”

The Manor Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in West Orange
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Woodland Ave. and Prospect Ave.
Transit: Bloomfield Avenue/Verona bus stop.
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Been to all 3 as well as weddings. They do a nice job. The place is huge. Given the sixe, they really do a nice job.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I dine at The Manor no less than once a year despite the fact that it is a one-hour drive from where we live...and we have been doing it for about 35 years. Everything about the place can be described in one word: elegance. The attraction to us is their lobster buffet. Elegant food prepared and offered in elegant surroundings. If it is the first time you are planning to go there, walk their huge grounds to see how they beautify the exterior surroundings. Walk the interior of the building to see their catering rooms. Take a photo at their outdoor fountain.

My wife claims the women's rest room is gorgeous. I cannot confirm the fact.

1  Thank godolnj
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I recently booked my wedding at the Manor. My fiancee had never been there before so we went to the buffet dinner so that he could see it and taste the food. He fell in love. I have been to the Manor many many times growing up and their food is the best quality. The atomosphere is divine! I can't wait to have my wedding at the Manor! I think everyone should slurge and dine at the Manor, it is worth every penny!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

i have taken our family many times to the manor
for the sea food buffet, and we never have been disapointed. the food is fresh and the presentation of the food could not be any better.
to finish off your diner there are an amazing amount of great deserts to tempt your palate

Reviewed 25 March 2012

As many of the reviewers mentioned The Manor seafood buffet is pretty well known and has been around for years. I went there with a party of eight on a Saturday night. The room is nice and the staff friendly and courteous.
The food in not good. It is best described as bad wedding food. The star of the show is the steamed lobster I found them to be the most anorexic tasteless lobsters I ever saw. This, however, did not stopped other people from devouring them, as if they were going to the electric chair.
The steamed shrimp were plentiful but soggy. The soups were nothing specials. Stuffed Grape leaves were terrible. The stuffed mushrooms were inedible.
Tortellini Alfredo sat in a gloppy cheeses sauce.

The fried butterfly shrimp were all right. The lamb Marsala and sauerbraten were both good

My experience was basically taking one bite of most items and pushing it to the side

The buffet is around $55 per person, wine by the glass is expensive as is espresso and cappuccino.

If you are a buffet fan you would be much better off at the Atlantic City Buffets at Borgat or Harrahs Marina

14  Thank Opinion95