“A Pleasure to Eat Dinner Here”

The Manor Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 97 Restaurants in West Orange
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Woodland Ave. and Prospect Ave.
Transit: Bloomfield Avenue/Verona bus stop.
Northern New Jersey
“A Pleasure to Eat Dinner Here”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visited The Manor with friends for his birthday. Selected the A La Carte Room so we could select from the menu and enjoy the ambiance of the room. Service was excellent, almost as though the servers could anticipate out needs. The food selection was good, but not too diverse, hitting the major meals, plus a few specials described. Our food was nicely presented, tasty and filling. The desserts ranged from the usual to the unusual, but we were able to "force" it down to top off the meal (a special treat was delivered for celebration of his birthday). Rather than have us describe each dish, check the on-line menus for an idea of what is available.
The room's ambiance was completed by the absence of loud talking and a pianist who managed to keep the volume just right and selected songs of a popular nature.
There was no pressure to hurry with dinner and we left satisfied with our evening. Several tips: there is a dress requirement for men (minimum of slacks and jacket), and the cost of this dinner is commensurate with the experience ($$$).
BTW, parking is valet or self. On a Saturday night, you may need a GPS device to find the exit from the restaurant when self-parking lol).

• Greek first
West Orange New Jersey
“Outstanding Service/Excellent Foot”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have been to the Manor Restaurant, West Orange in many occassions. Would rate their service and food as outstanding. Have been both to the A La Carte as well as to the Buffet. Exceptional formal dinning and outstanding service always. The piano player adds to the ambiance while dinning. Outstanding wine list. One of my favorite places to go for special celebrations.

1 Thank Jerseynurs
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Too Short - Should be longer than 2 hour limit”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went there yesterday to celebrate my mom's birthday with family. The food was decent but the service was not worth the cost. You have a two hour limit and with a buffet, it should be a minimum of three hours. Everything was rushed and the servers were like hawks around a carcass. As soon as you put your fork down; they were on top of you as if you were done eating. Never again!

3 Thank tknox30
aptiva1
“The Worst buffett Ever”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I came in the evening with my date at 8:00 pm Children running around the buffet table screaming and throwing things. The Prime rib had no taste and was cold. The lobster tasted like rubber with no taste, the shrimp had no taste either. Could not find a waiter to bring me drinks. They didn't remove the old plates I ate on. Your were sitting on top of other people eating in the place, no room to breath. The desserts were melted and tasted stale. The place needs a redo, it looks very worn and old. They charged me a 18 per cent tip with no real waiter service. You need to stay away from this place its the worst place ever to eat in. It's a total rip-off. I will never go back again to this loser place again.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank aptiva1
Parsippany, NJ
“Will not go back”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I took my best friend and her family to The Manor for Mother's Day. Our seating was at noon and we arrived early and were seated right away. This was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had at any restaurant - let alone one that charges $55.95 per person for the buffet. I have no problem paying high prices for great food and outstanding service, but this was unbelievable bad. The food was cold. Not just one or two of the entrees, but every thing was cold. I like my food to be hot and I have been to many, many other buffet-style restaurants where the food was hot. It's not that difficult. The shrimp were watery and rubbery. The meats at the carving station were good, although the beef had quite a bit of fat. The drinks were awful - none of us finished our bloody mary's. The service was horrible. Three times we went up to the buffet and each time we got back to the table we had to ask the servers to clear away our dirty plates. We waited almost 10 minutes for the check to arrive after we asked for it. Then, I threw up and was sick all night. This was one of my worst experiences and I will not be going back to the Manor.

1 Thank MizCalNJ