“Outstanding Meal!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Outstanding Meal!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This place is a gem! Outstanding food and wonderful customer service!
Had a blast-they just need to have the carpet cleaned.
Can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Manhattan, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Have had amazing meals here a few times now. Sauces are all savory, robust with flavor and the staff is friendly and aims to please. I'm shocked that there is not a line out this door- this truly is a gem. Clams in red sauce are out of this world. Yes the place could use an update, but it is clean, spacious and an enjoyable setting to have an incredible meal. Go and try it for yourself if you haven't been!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank NYSA
new jersey
“it's always had delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

i do love this place! whatever you order is delicious, and it's been this way for years!!! i used to work down the street, and now that don't I sometimes forget....give it a try! it's often not crowded, which i don't understand!

• Visited February 2013
Rockaway, New Jersey, United States
“Cannot believe people aren't tripping over themselves to eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

It has always shocked me this place isn't full of people, it is truly wonderful food at really reasonable prices. We recently returned after having moved away several years ago, and it was just as wonderful after all these years. The decor could use freshening up, but honestly, you're not thinking about the decor when you start eating their awesome food. We started with fried calamari- and it was just perfectly cut and fried and the marinara sauce was so good you just kept wanting to put it on anything to keep eating it. The fresh Italian bread and oil for dipping was so good we ordered another. The entree was homemade spinach fettucini with sundried tomatoes, panchetta, cream sauce. It was unbelievably good. Seriously, go to this place whenever you have the craving for really good Italian. The service is so nice and fast. You park your car right next door, so no worries about the slightly sketchy neighborhood.

• Visited March 2013
West Orange, New Jersey
“We are regulars - try to eat here once a week!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

This is my family's go-to restaurant. It is perfect in that it is byo, has very tasty, well-prepared food, and - most important - is owned by extremely nice and very hard-working people! We feel at home when we eat here. Our kids' regular dishes are known before we order, they are always pleasantly happy to alter dishes to accommodate our dieting needs (less sauce, no breading, subbing veggies for pasta or potato...). I can't say that they make THE most delicious Italian food I've ever eaten, but the food they make is fresh, well-prepared and very tasty! I debated giving 5 stars, and in a way would like to since I truly love eating here. However, since very expensive, over-the-top Italian restaurants exist in NYC and elsewhere in NJ, I feel it is more honest to leave off a star.

Don't come here expecting a beautiful establishment with expensive ambiance. This is a nice, clean, simple, family business that cooks from the heart and provides a warm and inviting meal.

We hosted our family's Shabbat dinner here the night before our daughter's Bat Mitzvah this past June. The food was terrific, the private area we used, separated from the small public area by a wall, was perfect for cousins, uncles and grandparents.

My only concern about this place is that often when we go, the restaurant is not very full. I worry that they may struggle in this economy and wish more people would eat there more often. This is why we go weekly - I want to do our part to help keep this gem of a family business open for as long as the owners enjoy running it!

Give it a try - you won't be sorry. (My usual dish is the Chicken Cardinale - a perfectly cooked, beautifully tart dish with just the right amount of capers and artichoke hearts. I just love it and it is difficult to force myself to try one of the specials occasionally just to keep from being too old and boring!)

• Visited January 2013