“Higher-end Residence Inn”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Annapolis, Maryland
“Higher-end Residence Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I travel to the area weekly, and this hotel is step up from other 'suite' type hotels that I have stayed in elsewhere. Wonderful and welcoming staff, clean well-appointed rooms, comfortable common areas and good amenities such as a fitness room. The staff go out of their way to make sure you are happy and taken care of. A pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ebelle97
GMWestOrangeRIBM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments and your loyalty to our hotel. We are honored to be your preferred hotel in West Orange.

Regards, Cathy Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I travel to this area often for business. I've tried several hotels, but once I found this one I'm hooked. I love the consistent friendly service, spacious rooms, and the exercise room. I especially like the breakfasts, and the mid-week light dinners -- just right for me.
I once visited when there was a power outage in the community, and they bent over backwards to keep us comfortable, even making coffee from bottled water, always keeping a good sense of humor.
It also doesn't hurt that my Marriott points keep building every time I visit. :-)

Room Tip: I've stayed in many, and they're all fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. I am terribly sorry we had a power outage while you were here last time. We have definiltey had an eventful winter this year. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards, Cathy Hart
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is one great hotel! The room was clean, spacious, and above all very quiet, and all the amenities are first class. We especially appreciated the easy to understand thermostat - a detail not to be overlooked since many hotels have thermostats that seem to be designed by nincompoops. The front desk staff is attentive and courteous. The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choices, and the atmosphere made us feel like we were millionaires. Nice grounds too. If we're ever in the area again we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room, regardless of the hotel. However, I think in this case the hotel is...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Two-Baby-Boomers
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've stayed at this Residence Inn several times finding it a definite "upgrade" to the Courtyard in West Orange - for the same price, I get a breakfast that is much more extensive and good than the usual hotel included in the room one, as well as all day coffee (take that Courtyard), and nice surroundings. But my surprise came during a recent visit (that had to be extended by a day due to weather, hotel staff not only did a great job clearing the parking lot, but also brushed the snow off all the cars. A very appreciated extra.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nyc/atlanta
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

It's wonderful to have such a nice hotel to stay out while visiting our family for Christmas time. The hotel is owned by and sits near the Manor Restaurant and like the Manor it is very well appointed and we found the hotel to have a welcoming staff at the front desk that has remained friendly and professional throughout our stay. If we needed something it was not rare for them to bring what we needed directly to our room. The rooms are very very nice (just a little wear and tear evident) and close to being spotlessly clean. The hotel has been full up due to the holidays, however this has not detered the staff from enduring a great stay with a wonderful and bountiful breakfast. I wish ALL Marriott Residence Inns were like this one.... truly a wonderful property and we have stayed here whenever we are in the area. Thank you for another wonderful visit!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenn O
Boston,MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I didn't know what to expect for this Residence Inn but was pleasantly surprised. The outside and grounds are just lovely....well maintained, open, and convenient parking with sufficient spaces. Inside lobby equally nice and large breakfast area. The staff was so helpful---they gave us early check in and upgraded my daughter's room (traveling with husband and 3 very young children) to a larger suite and much appreciated. Our smaller studio was just fine for the two of us---clean, large, and more than sufficient.
However, a couple of things to note: the walls are thin and we could hear the water going on and off in the next room at night; not enough wastebaskets and no dish detergent to hand wash. Also the hotel is like a maze. Very difficult to navigate if you want to find your room or someone else's. I like a very cool room and could not lower the thermostat down to where I preferred.
Breakfast was in a lovely room and enough seating at the time we were there.
Convenient location and I'd definitely stay there again though it's on the high side in terms of price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Livingston
BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange? Share your experiences!