“Outstanding Residence Inn!!”

Residence Inn West Orange
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've stayed there before, but not for several years. I always go out of my way to try & stay there, if it is available. Since I work for Marriott, I stay at a lot of Residence Inns & this one is BY FAR, a step above the others for all of the little things they have that makes them different. The fact that they have a bar, a Billiards room, the architecture itself, the paintings hanging in the hallways; then service has always been efficient there-- from Reynaldo who checked me in late-night to the quick, efficient, friendly goodbye at check out, when I had to leave earlier than planned. Beds are SO comfortable; I only wish I could have stayed LONGER!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
GMWestOrangeRIBM, General Manager at Residence Inn West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We are delighted we are your "go to" hotel when in West Orange! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Definitely a step away from the normal Marriott properties. I stayed here for about 6 weeks in January and February and was very pleased with the overall experience. The rooms were nicely appointed, the common areas welcoming and above all else, the staff was 5 star at every level. The front desk personnel were quick to remember you, wish you a nice day and a warm welcome home. The engineering and housekeeping staff was without par in this market. The laundry room can actually be used by more than one person at a time! The hotel is across the street from a park with a variety of recreational opportunities. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, golf course side have the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you being an extended stay customer of ours. I certainly wish we had better weather while you were here. I will be happy to share your nice comments with the rest of our staff. We really strive to make our guests feel at home-especially when they are with us as long as you were. I'm glad we achieved our goal with you!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I travel to the area weekly, and this hotel is step up from other 'suite' type hotels that I have stayed in elsewhere. Wonderful and welcoming staff, clean well-appointed rooms, comfortable common areas and good amenities such as a fitness room. The staff go out of their way to make sure you are happy and taken care of. A pleasure to stay here.

1  Thank Ebelle97

Thank you so much for your great comments and your loyalty to our hotel. We are honored to be your preferred hotel in West Orange.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I travel to this area often for business. I've tried several hotels, but once I found this one I'm hooked. I love the consistent friendly service, spacious rooms, and the exercise room. I especially like the breakfasts, and the mid-week light dinners -- just right for me.
I once visited when there was a power outage in the community, and they bent over backwards to keep us comfortable, even making coffee from bottled water, always keeping a good sense of humor.
It also doesn't hurt that my Marriott points keep building every time I visit. :-)

Room Tip: I've stayed in many, and they're all fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. I am terribly sorry we had a power outage while you were here last time. We have definiltey had an eventful winter this year. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Hugh M
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is one great hotel! The room was clean, spacious, and above all very quiet, and all the amenities are first class. We especially appreciated the easy to understand thermostat - a detail not to be overlooked since many hotels have thermostats that seem to be designed by nincompoops. The front desk staff is attentive and courteous. The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choices, and the atmosphere made us feel like we were millionaires. Nice grounds too. If we're ever in the area again we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room, regardless of the hotel. However, I think in this case the hotel is...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Two-Baby-Boomers
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've stayed at this Residence Inn several times finding it a definite "upgrade" to the Courtyard in West Orange - for the same price, I get a breakfast that is much more extensive and good than the usual hotel included in the room one, as well as all day coffee (take that Courtyard), and nice surroundings. But my surprise came during a recent visit (that had to be extended by a day due to weather, hotel staff not only did a great job clearing the parking lot, but also brushed the snow off all the cars. A very appreciated extra.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk

Been to Residence Inn West Orange? Share your experiences!