“Best Hotel I ever stayed in.”

Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
“Best Hotel I ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms are elegantly decorated with beautiful furniture, grass cloth wall paper. The almost look like a gentleman's club. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances and marble counter tops. The staff is very friendly and efficient. They have an excellent breakfast buffet and buffet supper most nights. I stayed there over 20 times.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
North East, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were in town for a local wedding and chose this Hotel over the rest because it was a Residence Inn. It was convenient, extremely comfortable, not terribly expensive and located in an ideal location for our trip. Door to door was 4 miles and on the same road. Breakfast in the morning was hot and the selection was very nice. Its what we expect from Residence Inn's and the Marriott Brand.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Grandview, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was our 2nd stay at this location and we were once again very pleased overall. After a couple of minor cleaning issues we settled in for an 8 day stay. The complementary breakfasts are complete and always delicious with many choices. Monday-Wednesday evenings have a light snack available in the dining room. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Décor is slightly dated but in good taste. The property is next to a beautiful golf course and the grounds are beautifully landscaped.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Daytona Beach Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My most recent stay, JUNE1-92014,was very last minute .I was fortunate, that with just a one hour lead!..the hotel was able to accomodate my room request.
I had just flown into the state,got my rental car, and immediately went to the hospital .My beloved Uncle was very ill. We had no idea just how serious his health crisis was.
I was able to make flight arrangements, and a rental car...and NEVER thought about where will I stay!...
When I called the hotel,I was told ,my suite would be ready when i arrived.
I never thought about the room again.
THE ENTIRE STAFF WAS OUTSTANDING. Each day they asked about my Unlce.The KINDNESS they offered me was overwhelming...Strangers, made me feel welcomed,as a friend. One night I got back from the hospital at 3:00AM. I was so tired. I just parked the car at the front door.I told the desk clerk I just had to leave the car. I was exhausted. And, he said" No problem. Welcome home.Rest comfortably and don't worry about the car."...I really did cry when I got to my room.
EVERYONE WAS SO KIND.
My Uncle died a few days later. And, I was left making arrangements for my family.Flights, car rentals, Again, the staff was just so KIND. Another room was secured.
The wonderful front desk staff, made me copies of my Uncles obit. They gave me tissues and bottles of water the day of the funeral.
THE KINDNESS WAS OVERWHELMING.
I have been a 'regular'client of this hotel*, and, without hesitation will stay here again...Hopefully for happier times.
*My daughter and I were here for a 3 day business trip in April.
The BREAKFASTS are wonderful.There is always a terrific selection of foods to enjoy.
The managers light dinners TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY provide good food and drinks.The atmosphere is 'family' 'professional' FRIENDLY.
Housekeeping has been excellent.The staff always does a wonderful job .The room is cleaned, refreshed.Any items that I have requested be stocked, has always been in the fridge, waiting for me!...
STAY HERE. YOU WILL HAVE A FEELING OF ..."WELCOME HOME".

Room Tip: All of the ROOMS are GREAT ROOMS! However, my favorite rooms are in the BACK of the hotel facing t...
2 Thank shop4u18
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff at this Inn is the most friendly I have come across in all my 45 years of traveling. Especially Pilar, who greets you coming and going and makes you feel like family. The hotel itself is extremely clean and well kept, The housekeeping staff cleans the rooms very thoroughly every day; I thought the hotel was new because of the great physical condition it is in. All in all it is a very comfortable place to stay and highly recommended. One last note, the Lobster Buffet at The Manor next store is outstanding and a value at $49. Wed thru Sat, I think.

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are roomy and have plenty of closet space. Corner suites are large and sunny High...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce B
Hidden Hills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to NJ for a family event and stayed at the Residence Inn in West Orange, NJ for seven nights. The first night we were in a room right above the entry way and it was slightly noisy. I went to the front desk and a lady by the name of Carol was most helpful in moving us to an inside room that was very quiet. The hotel has a breakfast every morning and I was able to bring food back to the room for my wife who is slightly informed. The breakfast were very good. We also enjoyed that all the rooms are suites, which gave us plenty of room. I would stay in this hotel again for any trip to the NJ area.

1 Thank Russ B
Verona, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I just finished a long term stay at this hotel. We were there for just under 6 months following some damage to our home. We had several options for housing but after visiting the hotel and being shown around by Pilar from the front desk, we knew it was the place for us.
The staff could not have been friendlier and more accommodating. We were made to feel welcome every day. Not only did the staff welcome us as we returned from work but wished us a good day every morning. After being there for such a long time, we got to know all by name. Our accommodations were perfect for our situation. The kitchenette and separate bedroom made it feel like and apartment rather than a hotel.
The meals during the week and breakfast every morning were a plus. The dining room staff worked incredibly hard for the guests. This was not always under the best of circumstances. My wife and I observed guests who were down right rude. As I said, we were there long term and these folks became like family. Please keep that in mind when traveling. The staff is there for you but they should be respected.
The staff at the hotel were excellent during our stay and we had no issues. I hesitate to mention them by name as they were all so helpful. Evenings at the on site bar were great for unwinding and meeting other guests. Unfortunately the bartender is a Rangers fan and things haven't been going well for him but we remain hopeful.
We made it through the winter at the hotel and now that the weather is improving, they offer barbeques and a firepit. Again, another amenity that makes it homey. I can't believe I used the term homey but that best describes it.
I would refer out of town family or friends to this property. The property is clean (thank you housekeeping staff), friendly and comfortable.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms that have a kitchette and separate bedroom if there for an extended stay
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Orange
#1 of 1 in Livingston
BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange? Share your experiences!