“Don't know what other guests are talking about!!!!!”

BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Mt. Laurel, nj
“Don't know what other guests are talking about!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed October 12-14, 2012 for family weekend at Seton Hall University. After booking at BW, I found reviews about the hotel and was actually scared to even stay there, but I did anyway. My experience was nothing but purely positive in every way. Andre greeted me and was so helpful by offering to help me with my bags, inform me of the breakfast in the morning and that if I needed anything to ring the front desk. The room was absolutely spotless. The bedding was fresh and clean, as was the bathroom. In addition to Andre, Larry and Fume worked the front desk and were equally as gracious and helpful. Madeline took care of the breakfast and was kind enough to help me make my own waffles. Everyone was friendly. I will definitely stay there and only there when I visit my son at Seton Hall again. It's a great place.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room in the back of the hotel. I had room 204 and it was on the street side. It wasn...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2012

my family and i went to visit some friends in Newark and decided to spend a day at West Orange zoo. the hotel across the street seemed a smart choice! OMG, the room smelled awful, we had hair all over the tub and sink, the sheets looked dirty and had strong cigarette smell and the worst, we were insulted by the manager!!!! How can BW allow to have someone like that as a hotel manager!!! She was extremely rude and denied the facts!!! Unbelievable! Her desk and office looked discussing and so was she and her (lack of) manners!!!! this should be seen by the hotel higher management because she is really a mean and unprofessional person!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ntag11

Travellers are raving about these West Orange hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2012

To me, this is a motel 6 and worse. Don't be fooled by the pics, this place is not for business stay and def don't even think about bringing the wife or that special someone. . The furniture is very old, the tv is old, carpet is dirty, and the place smells of cigarettes. Spend the extra $40. And stay at a Marriott, even if you need to drive an extra 20 minutes.
If I can figure out how to upload actual photos - ill gladly do so.
The staff was very nice and the fitness equipment appear to be top notch. There's a beautiful park across the road and I'm hoping to go running there in the morning.
The dining is limited as most of the restaurants listed on google maps - have shut down with no replacements. There is a McDonald's and subway within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe M
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I would never stay here again if someone paid me. I was upset with the hotel clerk for not stating their rates before charging my debit card $172 to stay there for 7 hours. I was on my way to PA from NYC and started falling asleep while driving therefore decided to pull over and sleep and shower. When they sent me a survey to fill out over email I gave most ratings an average score because the hotel is definitely nothing above average. For the pricing rating I put poor because its not worth a rate of $149.99 a night by far! I then received an extremely rude email from the hotel manager because I gave the hotel a poor rating! I emailed him back explaining why he received the rating I gave and told him I didn't appreciate the rude email and didn't deserve it and the man emailed me AGAIN and stated word for word "I wasn't being rude just stating facts" as if that wasn't rude in itself! !! Very displeased with my experience here and would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever!!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Lepperhart
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We had a family emergency and, very late at night, we were looking for a place to stay for the evening. The front desk attendant, Anita, could not have been more sympathetic to our plight, and booked us quickly, calmly, and made sure we were able to take advantage of all the amenities of the hotel. What a nice lady. Made a stressful situation much easier. Thanks so much!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Warren, Michigan, USA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for my daughter's graduation from a local University. The amenities (breakfast bar, 24 hour coffee, newspaper, and lounge area) were top notch.

I would strongly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the Orange area of New Jersey. The prices are reasonable and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms were were clean.

The only complaint I would have on an extended stay is that they do not refill the toilet paper, shampoo, and soap. I know you can call on that, but I always travel with extra just in case. I know hotels think they are saving on this, but sometimes the little things do matter.

Room Tip: If on an extended stay, either bring in your own extras (toilet paper, shampoo, etc.) or be prepared...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Where to begin....I traveled to the Best Western from Ct, for a family wedding! There was no wedding discount rate applied which wasn't a big deal. I had booked my room well in advance for a king size bed, in fact I still have the confirmation email. Upon my arrival I was told my room was given to someone else who had to extend their stay and that I would be given a room with 2 double beds for $15 off...REALLY?!? This is the compensation I'm given for being inconvenienced! To top off the situation other hotel guests checked in after us that were not part of the wedding and given rooms with king sized beds! Still not the worst....I told the desk attendant that I would speak with the owners upon check out bc I was not at all satisfied with the room, there was 4 squares of toilet paper on the roll neatly folded into a point...seriously! There was also hair in my bed and trash in the pail....still not the worst! I never got to speak to the owners the next day since the clerk told me they were unavailable, but when another family member expressed my dissatisfaction was told I was quite satisfied with the room. Here it is the day after check out & my boyfriend is covered in bed bug bites!!! Disgusting all over his torso, and legs! I strongly recommend staying else where...in fact another family member stayed 11 miles down the road and had a flat screen tv in the room and it was cheaper rate!!! I will be writing a formal letter to the CEO of the Best Western and I hope that you look into other places before staying at the Turtle Brook Inn!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth
Grand Summit Hotel
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 1 in Summit

Been to BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn? Share your experiences!