“It was nice clean comfey”

BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Bend, Oregon
“It was nice clean comfey”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were in New York in 2008.We had been driving for many hours.We were afraid that we could not find a place to stay not too far from the city.We were lucky they were very nice the room was very clean and comfy We stayed a little later we were not charged extra it was late when we got in.
They are close to the trains and restaurants for breakfast.Next time we go we will stay there again

Room Tip: Close to the freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This "non smoking" hotel wreaks of smoke! It is embedded in the walls. I got to my room to find it even worse so I tried to check out less than an hour later. The front desk clerk wouldn't cancel the charge and told me to call management in the morning. I called in the morning and left a message with the front desk clerk. "Management wasn't available". No word back so I called again a day later. Same front desk clerk told me management wouldn't refund my money! I am declining the charges through my credit card!! Worst customer service, dirty hotel that smells!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rachel25678954

Travellers are raving about these West Orange hotels

Nashua NH
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here one night recently on my way to Maryland. I know of the hotel because I used to live very close to here. As I say in the title of this review, it's not pretty but it gets the job done.
It gets the job done because it's relatively easy to get to off either the NJ turnpike or Garden State parkway. Plus, I'm familiar with it- I know what I'm getting as I've stayed here about 4 times over the past 15 years.
Not pretty- for example ,the entrance area looks like it needs somebody with a dustpan and broom to do a little work. In my room, the device on the inside of the door that hinges over as a secondary lock( it must have a name), was hanging by a thread, with three of the four screws almost out. I could have taken them out with my fingers. Not very reassuring security. Finally, I was trying to print my boarding pass for a flight the next day in the hotel lobby. Neither of the computers would print to the printers they were connected to. I asked the man at the desk if he knew how to solve the problem and his answer was, "No". Followed by nothing else. So much for customer service.
If I could ,I'd give this hotel a 2 1/2. It served its purpose and I knew what I was getting into.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank buttsyandsmitty
The Villages Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel needs major updating. Problems galore. I only stay there because it is close to where my son lives. The room was dark, towels were old, lights were not working, sink was clogged, door did not work right, and the room needed further cleaning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Marilyn S
Verona, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Extremely helpful and friendly staff; clean and well-kept rooms. Will definitely stay there again when I am in the area. When my daughter left some important items in our room, the staff was prompt and helpful in recovering them and mailing them back to us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Herndon, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel is in great need of a face lift. Old, shabby lobby. Old, old, old bathrooms. Refrigerator in room was ancient and sounded ancient. TV had no remote control. Breakfast eggs were HORRID! The location is ok, but for the money, you can probably do much better. Way too expensive for what you're getting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

West Orange, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2014

If you are looking for a hotel that provides excellent service and good quality facilities, this is the hotel for you. My stay here was extremely enjoyable; the staff was friendly, the rooms were extremely clean and neat (big bathrooms/showers, very comfy beds), and the interior of the hotel was a pleasant surprise to what I was expecting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

#13 of 16 in Newark
Grand Summit Hotel
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 1 in Summit

Been to BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn? Share your experiences!