“West Orange, NJ Okay place to stay.”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Property is clean, some floors are under renovation. Room was clean and spacious, the HVAC is noisy and turns on and off. Wireless internet is non existent on the 3rd floor. The front staff was curt and rude and not helpful. The restaurant attached is very good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear April A,
Thank you kindly for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is much appreciated. I'm sorry you had issues with the internet while you were here. We did reset the router once we saw this posting and I apologize that you were having issues with the wifi. Had we known while you were here we could have done it immediately to resolve that sections wifi issue. If you will be kind enough to reach out to me to discuss the matter of your dissatisfaction in detail I will extend a free night to you in the future to show you that whatever the issue was - this is not the norm for us at The Wilshire Grand Hotel and we will earn that "perfect score" with you.
Gratefully,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

ZRG Partners had their 2014 Global Summit at The Wilshire Grand Hotel this month and I wanted to take an opportunity to let the staff there know that they did a great job making our event a success. Jac'Lynn Johnson, my Convention Services Manager was a huge help to me in the organization and execution of our program. She worked tirelessly beside me throughout the event. Thank you Jac! You were awesome! Her banquet staff, Alan, Harold, Elba and Hermann were always on top of our food and beverage service. Thanks to each of you. I really appreciate your hard work. The chef's menus were delicious and I received many positive comments on the food. Thank you Chef! Also, the folks at the front desk did a great job in checking in our guests. Thank you to Cheri and Brian. A special thanks goes out to Bill Andreorio, my Director of Sales. He was instrumental in our contract negotiations to book our program and I appreciate all of his patience with me.

The hotel itself is a beautiful venue for any wedding, convention, etc. The ballrooms are beautifully decorated with chandeliers, tasteful carpet and spacious. The guestrooms are spacious and very comfortable.

Thanks all for a great event.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marym4841

Dear Marym4841,
We really appreciate your comments. By now it's no secret that we measure our success via our TripAdvisor ratings. We have been # 1 in West Orange since February 2008 and have held the Certificate of Excellence with TripAdvisor since 2010. I will be sure to thank and reward each team member noted in your review as I always do and I thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here for one night and found this to be a really great hotel. My room was huge and clean (spotless). The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Nice little touches were everywhere, from the way they folded the towels to water bottles left in the room. A fridge and microwave in the room is always helpful when I travel. The staff members were pleasant and the breakfast offered plenty of choices (though no gluten-free bread of any kind).
The only drawback for me was that they have a late check-in (3:00 p.m.) and my workshop began at 3:00, so I wasn't able to freshen up after having driven six hours.
In any case, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WhiteMountainsFamily

Dear WhiteMountainsF,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Your time is much appreciated. No one has ever asked for gluten free items except for on a few special occasions when we knew in advance of the guests arrival. We can and will always accommodate our guests needs when we know in advance and any one with special requirements is welcome to call me personally prior to their stay and make me aware of their needs. Now that you (and many others) know this about us, I hope to begin getting more calls so I can fulfill special requests such as this. My direct line is 862-252-8440. I thank you for alerting me to this and for letting us know how we performed.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We really enjoyed our one-night stay. The staff were welcoming, and the room was very clean, attractive and comfortable. Nice shower, and handy to have refrigerator and microwave in room. The complementary cookies and beverages in the lobby were a nice touch. Breakfast was great - a good selection of pastries, hot and cold drinks, cereals, hot dishes, fruit, etc. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kermitbrit
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Kermitbrit,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words. We depend on our guests real opinions and TripAdvisor verifies every one of them that gets posted to insure there are no phony ones unlike many others. Simply google it and you will see there are no others like TripAdvisor. This is why we LOVE TripAdvisor! We've been # 1 in West Orange since February 2008 thanks to guests like you that post reviews because you want everyone to know how we performed!

Thank you so very much and if it's not too late, Have a GREAT and PROSPEROUS 2014!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

looks like a done up holiday inn. rooms are nice, free breakfast in the morning. Kinda has like an old school look in the rooms...like your grandma house or something. big modern bathroom though......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Jeff T,

Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm not really sure what to say about the "done up Holiday Inn" comment other than I unfortunately, disagree with you. I believe that was a compliment but I'm not really sure? My grandmas house certainly didn't look like our guestrooms but I guess that's subjective. Your description "old school" can be interpreted many ways as well. If you mean "classic" as in not chrome, glass, or modern then I agree. We have a traditional classic design and feel focusing on comfort. I do appreciate that you liked our big bathroom and our free breakfast. If you would kindly reach out to me to discuss your actual experience I would truly appreciate it. Best in 2014 to you and your family!
Ed Reagoso - General Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2013

After a long, fun filled day in NYC with the kids and grandchildren, and a mere 33 minute drive to the Wilshire Grand- our family had made another great Christmas memory. We are always a late check in and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. Hot Cappucino, coffee, hot chocolate were ready for our cold, tired crew and then we went to our gorgeous, immaculate rooms. The hotel also had 3 weddings last weekend so excitement was in the air. Breakfast was great as well. Always a pleasure!!
See you in 2014!!!

Regina La Grossa and family

Room Tip: No bad rooms- stayed several times-
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Regina L
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Regina L,

You're always so very kind and gracious. We love having you and your family here around the holidays. I am just so sorry I missed you due to my being on vacation. Yes, I missed you this year but I'm so happy you had such a great time. The city of New York is so beautiful this time of year - and how shrewd are you to stay with us for so much less than one might pay to be at a city hotel. Hope to see you soon! Best to you and the family of course! Happy New Year!!

Your friend, Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Exceeded our expectations and then some staff was above and beyond helpful!!! I ran into issues booking online, called and was taken care of super fast stayed in the king jacuzzi with the pampered in pink package the room was clean spacious the presentation of flowers champaign and chocolate only let the way for the delicious dinner and relaxing rest of the evening. Every one on the staff from check in to check out was pleasant as well as helpful will be back soon just because of the service given by all. A+++ thank you for a beautiful evening
Marcel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank willstay

Dear Willstay,

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review. We've been rated # 1 in West Orange since February 2008 and we wear that patch proudly being an independently owned and operated boutique hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to or after reserving your next stay so I may have the opportunity to upgrade you to one of our fine suites at no extra charge for becoming a BIG FAN!

Happy New Year!

The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!