“Wishire Grand Hotel- Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
west orange new jersey
“Wishire Grand Hotel- Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

We stayed at the Wilshire Grand the night before and the night of my daughter's wedding. What a fabulous place. They anticipated needs I hadn't even thought of - I asked about getting a Sunday Times and the next thing I knew it was at my door. The staff ws above and beyond accomodating.

After the wedding we had a Sunday morning brunch at Primavera, the restaurant adjacent to the hotel and it was delicious and perfect for my out of town guests. I had guests with severe allegeries and the staff did everything but jump through hoops (in fact they did that a few times) to make sure the food was just as I neeeded it and I was very picky.

I would recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone needing rooms inthe the Essex Coutny area- We had a guest who stqyed elsewhere a few monthes earlier and said she wished she had known about the Wilshire - its just so lovely and helpful.

Kudos to the staff at the desk, in the group reservations office, in houskeeping and maintanance- they all at one time or another helped my the day of my daughter's weding perfect.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

I am affiliated with an organization that frequently uses the nearby Residence Inn for out-of-state visitors and everyone is always thrilled with their stay. The WG is hit-or-miss and when you are sent to another hotel because they overbooked rooms it is hardly a consolation to be comp'd a room while on business trip. During a recent stay there were numerous guests waiting for a single shuttle to take them to a wedding. The food is good but the hotel area seems to need some help with how they treat their guests.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank cap3
Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

Nice hotel.
Stayed for a wedding over the weekend of July 19th.
Hotel, well kept. beds very comfortable. Breakfast very nice.
Staff was great.
one downside, when I got home 2 days later checked my bank online and they over charged me 170+ dollars.
Apparently when I checked out they didn't check us out for another day, so I was charged for 2 nights instead of 1. They are taking care of it but I am still waiting for the refund, it should hit my bank tomorrow.
Another downside, there isn't much around the hotel so don't expect to just walk somewhere for food or such. A car would be needed.
Taxi from Newark was $46 + tolls and tip

• Liked — The hotel rooms were very comfortable
  • Disliked — location, not near a lot
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank n8tivecaligirl
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2008

I would highly recommend The Wilshire Grand Hotel, especially if you are planning a wedding at the High Lawn Pavilion, Manor or Pleasantdale Chateau in West Orange NJ. My wife and I recently got married in May 2008 and used The Wilshire Grand for our post wedding bash, rooms for our guest and honeymoon suite.

First of all, we had a wonderful experience working with their Group Booking Manager Nelsy Payano. She was extremely helpful in accommodating all of our weddings needs. Nelsy helped us establish a group block for our entire wedding party & guests, getting them the best possible group rate. A private reservation hotline & web access was set up for our guest to make their reservations. As you could imagine, this took a tremendous burden off our hands. Nelsy was also very professional, with her personalized customer service and eye for detail regarding all of our changing needs.

We chose the Whileshire Grand for several different reasons. Recently, the hotel was renovated and the rooms are beautiful. The location is great, especially with the 3 venues I mention earlier and it is close to a major highway. Another big reason is that they offered a shuttle service that was very reliable and prompt. Another added bonus is that you can request to keep the bar opened for after hour service (at a price) in the restaurant. Again, Nelsy for was very instrumental with that request and making it possible.

We had the honeymoon suite (of course) which was gorgeous!! In the morning, the room included a wonderful buffet breakfast and beautiful outdoor patio seating area.

So if you are planning to get married & need a hotel I would highly recommend The Wilshire Grand Hotel for: great people, great service & wonderful accommodations!!

• Liked — Updated & Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Boca Raton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

We had our son's wedding over the July 4th weekend and planned for all of our guests to stay at the Wilshire Grand Hotel. The hotel was clean, spacious, and welcoming. I was especially taken with several members of the staff. Anne Koors worked as our party planning supervisor and did a beautiful job of it. Our rehearsal dinner turned out beautifully, and this was a result of her hard work. I especially worked at great length with Nelsey Payano, the Social Sales Coordinater for all of our hotel arrangements for our family and our guests. We had 100+ people staying at the hotel with us. She was always very friendly, highly effective in all matters, very accommodating to all of our needs, and always welcomed us with a smile. She responded to all of my phone calls promptly and maintained a most positive attitude throughout the entire process. Nelsey checked in with me often, just to be sure everything was going well for us and our guests. Her warmth was so evident to everyone who spoke with her. Our daughter, age 20, was so happy to be around Nelsey and commented to us about Nelsey's friendliness. What more could any guest ask for? I guess the best features of any hotel is the cleanliness, the room comfort, the physical appearance, but mostly the staff that fills it. For the Wilshire Grand Hotel, Nelsey Payano stands out in that way.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank SherrySimon
Hallandale Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

My wife and myself have stayed there 4 times we look forward to our stay stay the hotel is very clean the beds are very comfortable the staff can't do enough for you There is a man Mr. Millstein who looks after everything and wants to make your stay perfect I travel every other month This hotel is the best I have stayed in I will be going back in Sept
Herb Braunstein Hallandale FL

Stayed June 2008
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2008

I stayed here on twice over the past 30 days. Both times I had a suite. The first time the internet service was not working and I needed to get some things wrapped up. It caused me to have to rerturn to work earlier the next day than I wanted. I thought the lighting was poor in the room. I was not terribly impressed by the breakfast buffet as most things had been picked over and there was little selection. On my second stay, one of the many heads in the shower happened to be pointing outwards towards the door, so as I turned the water on, the water shot out all over the bathroom floor. Housekeeping should be conscious when they clean to turn the showerheads so they don't spray down the floor as you turn on the water. Again, the breakfast buffet was limited. I don't know anyone that eats bacon without eggs and the selection of muffins was very skimpy. The decaf coffee was not working. I would explore options before choosing his hotel again.

• Liked — The comfort of the bed
  • Disliked — Hairs in shower, lack of working internet, poor breakfast selection
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!