“The staff was friendly and helpful and our room was immaculate.”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“The staff was friendly and helpful and our room was immaculate.”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast included waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, assortment of bagels and muffins, yogurt and cereal. The hotel is ecofriendly. Local restaurants nearby. We would definitely stay there again when travelling.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Massachusett
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Massachusett,

Thank you so very much for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Our team is always appreciative of new reviews and yours is truly stellar. Thank you for noticing our eco-friendly practices as well. Our goal to reduce our own carbon footprint by twelve percent this year is truly a task but we're working hard to make it a reality. Thank you for noticing!

Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I live relatively close to The Wilshire Grand Hotel, so I did not have a reservation nor intend to stay there when I recently joined a friend's post-wedding party at the hotel lobby bar. The hotel makes a great first impression and I was very surprised by the size of the place and all of the amenities. So, I decided to inquire about a room so I could stay with the group a bit longer and not have to worry about driving home. Elijah was working the front desk at the time - he was very hospitable and was able to offer what I felt was a great rate that solidified my decision to spend the night. The room was very spacious, clean and well presented with a king bed and an additional sofa bed. The lobby offered plenty of necessities for someone who had not necessarily planned to stay the night and there was a great breakfast set up the next morning also attended by very friendly staff. Should I ever find myself in need of a local hotel, I would most definitely make plans to return and I will most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that I can.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dennis C
Dear Dennis C,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. The fact that you took the time to post this review is truly appreciated by my staff and I. We gauge our success on our TripAdvisor ratings and we've managed to stay # 1 in West Orange since February of 2008 which is quite a feat considering some of the big box brands we compete with. Thank you for taking your valuable time and lettings us know how we're doing!
Ed Reagoso, General Manager
Silicon Valley
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Was looking for a place to stay in the Montclair area and didn't want to spend a fortune, but did not want to lower my standards either. The hotel exceeded my expectations and the staff was awesome. Elijah and Courtney at the front desk went above and beyond the call of duty (even calling me to say that I'd left my computer recharger behind!). Not only would I go back, but I'm already planning my next stay. I recommend these guys without hesitation - the rooms are very clean, my floor was quiet and I was very pleased.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank travlr09
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear travlr09,
Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Your comments will surely be shared with the team and I too am delighted that you got your charger for your computer back. Please send me a private message so I may get your address and send you a "BIG FAN" suite upgrade certificate for your next trip! We love new guests!! Thank you for becoming a believer!

Ed Reagoso - General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Not sure what the negative remarks are about this hotel but I really liked this hotel.
I do travel for business so I stay in many hotels.

The front desk were very nice and they were able to do an early check in
The room was very nice clean and big. Beds were very comfortable.
I did order room service which was delivered in under 15 min and the food was great!

The free breakfast was the best. I could not believe this was free. They had everything!
The check out was great as well and all the staff were very friendly.

I did not hear any loud noises and slept like a baby
Thank you!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the best
2 Thank JEKDES-NYC
Dear JEKDES-NYC,

Thank you very much for posting your review with TripAdvisor. By now you must surely know - not only do we take this review process quite serious but we gauge our success on our service rating with TripAdvisor. Coming from a Senior Contributor, your comments carry much weight and it's clear that as a seasoned traveler your demands may be more specific in nature. I will be sure to share this with my staff and I again thank you for letting us know how we measured up. Your room tip as always, is appreciated as well.

Ed Reagoso-General Manager
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have to say we recently held our annual trade show there and it was second to none. The setup was spot on and the food was great. Jacqueline took the time to help us throughout the planning and Daniel Clayton did a great job helping us lay things out and assisting throughout the event. Everyone went over and above to make sure we were happy and well taken care of.

2 Thank Kelly V
Dear Kelly V,

Thank you so very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Your comments will surely be shared with the team and each person named will be awarded for their service level. It's truly nice to know that we've impressed you enough to post a review and the fact that your such a regular client makes the review that much sweeter!

Thank you!
Ed Reagoso-General Manager
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was happily surprised with the hotel and my stay at the Wilshire Grand Hotel. I was not sure what to expect, but given the price ($89/night) and the level of chain hotels in the general area, was not expecting much beyond the basics. The Wilshire Grand was really quite nice -- attractive and well-maintained inside and out, with friendly staff and an array of amenities. I was not there long enough to take advantage of anything except for the complimentary breakfast (also surprisingly good) but definitely enjoyed my stay. The one issue I had was with noise -- my room was located on the first floor (just passed the business center) and I heard comings and goings late into the night and beginning early in the morning (they were particularly loud because of the marble floor) -- To avoid this problem, I would recommend requesting a room on another floor or further down the hall. Otherwise, it was a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor (especially rooms close to the lobby).
2 Thank Lucy M
Dear lucymontgomery,
Thank you very much for posting your terrific review on TripAdvisor. My team and I take each and every review to heart and we work aggressively to create an atmosphere of personal service. To have your review memorialized is really appreciated. Adding your room tip is appreciated as well!

Ed Reagoso- General Manager
Cloquet, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Wilshire Grand Hotel for a week, along with other family members. We primarily chose the hotel for its proximity to Kessler Rehabilitation (and the fact that they offered a discounted rate for Kessler-affiliated guests). We were expecting a standard hotel experience but immediately realized we were in for something special. The interior has a very different look from a standard chain hotel: marble/limestone signs throughout, unique furniture, high-end craftsmanship throughout. They have a variety of nice touches, from a high quality latte/cappucino machine (not the usual sweet varieties) to fresh-baked David's Cookies and cider each evening, to a reasonably priced wine reception. The breakfast was outstanding and the selections included homemade oatmeal, real scrambled eggs, a huge fresh fruit bowl, high quality bagels and pastries, and even organic Stoneyfield Farm yogurt, as well as the more standard fare (cereals, toast, etc.) that you get at other hotels. There is also an excellent Italian restaurant on the premises (Primavera) that never disappointed us.

We left the hotel very satisfied and planned to post a positive review on Trip Advisor. We did have one suggestion for the General Manager, which we emailed to him one evening before posting the review. He answered our email at 7:00 a.m. the following morning and immediately addressed our concerns. So now our review is even more positive because we can add the fact that the hotel also has a very responsive general manager.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MN_travelers_18
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear MN_travelers_18,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are proud to be a Kessler Rehabilitation preferred hotel and we empathize with everyone and their families as they go through the trying times often involved in the recovery process. We are proud of our quality breakfast offerings and are glad you took notice of the many detailed items we make available. Regarding Zagat Rated Primavera, I too have never been disappointed! I do also thank you for memorializing my responsiveness in dealing with your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance to you again and I thank you and wish you and your family all the best in 2014.

Ed Reagoso - General Manager
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!