“Great service at The Wilshire Grand Hotel”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great service at The Wilshire Grand Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wonderful service oriented staff. Checking in was effortless. Spotless room. Breakfast was delicious. A tour bus full of teenagers arrived for breakfast at the same time we did. Not a problem for Florence who was alone and offered a complete customer service experience. I applaud her for her grace under pressure.

2 Thank Couture1
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Couture1,
Thank you for posting your terrific review on TripAdvisor. Florence has quite a task and it's not often people appreciate the challenge of maintaining the breakfast when it gets that busy. I would guess that you have some personal service experience yourself for being empathetic and from Florence and myself, I truly thank you for memorializing your stay with TripAdvisor! I will be sure to thank Florence personally as well!
Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We celebrated my brothers wedding yesterday and used the wilshire hotel in west orange. First off some of the extended family was unable to make it and the hotel released their reserved rooms to the public not allowing others in our wedding to have an opportunity to book the rooms... Then the hotel gave away the best mans room as well as the room of the grooms parents. They had to wait 5 hours for the rooms to be cleaned and were forced to change in bathrooms and other rooms due to the fact that the hotel promised the rooms would be ready and failed. The man at the front desk was extremely rude to the wedding party. Overall one of the WORST hotel experiences of my life!!!! Save ur money and stay anywhere else !!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Rastafide
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Rastafide,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry that you seem to have had an issue this weekend. Oddly, we never heard another complaint from anyone else related to any of your comments. We never gave away, and frankly would not give away rooms that were reserved to someone else. The only time that rooms are released back to the general public are on the cutoff date, thirty days prior to arrival if the block is not picked up. The option to guarantee and pay for these rooms if needed is always an option as well but this was not exercised for either of the wedding groups this weekend so I'm confused to why you would think we gave away anyone's reserved rooms. Secondly, as it relates to guests having to wait five hours for rooms: check in time is 3 p.m. When possible, we will of course allow guests in earlier than that but if someone arrives at 10 a.m. on a weekend day and expects to get their room that early, it's rare that we can accommodate more than a few. Additionally there were a few early arrival requests by a few arriving guests and each was accommodated on both Friday and Saturday. Each requested an early check in and we did in fact accommodate those that requested prior to arrival. The general complaints you mention are all about other guests and I appreciate that. I would however be interested in speaking with you directly to see in fact how we did for you personally? My direct line is 862-252-8440 and I sincerely hope that you will contact me directly to so I may investigate and address each and every item noted and to find out who in fact I should otherwise speak with.
Most Sincerely,
Ed Reagoso- General Manager
Englewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The Wilshire Grand Hotel was chosen as the preferred hotel for a wedding weekend and was a really venue. The staff was extremely friendly from Eli at the front desk down to the security guard on duty! I accommodations were clean and the room was a very spacious, offering a pleasant stay all around.

2 Thank Joshua R
Dear Joshua R,

Thank you very much for your kind words. The fact that you took the time to memorialize the pleasure of your stay is truly appreciated by all of us here at The Wilshire Grand Hotel. Thank you!!
South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast included waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, assortment of bagels and muffins, yogurt and cereal. The hotel is ecofriendly. Local restaurants nearby. We would definitely stay there again when travelling.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Massachusett
Dear Massachusett,

Thank you so very much for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Our team is always appreciative of new reviews and yours is truly stellar. Thank you for noticing our eco-friendly practices as well. Our goal to reduce our own carbon footprint by twelve percent this year is truly a task but we're working hard to make it a reality. Thank you for noticing!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I live relatively close to The Wilshire Grand Hotel, so I did not have a reservation nor intend to stay there when I recently joined a friend's post-wedding party at the hotel lobby bar. The hotel makes a great first impression and I was very surprised by the size of the place and all of the amenities. So, I decided to inquire about a room so I could stay with the group a bit longer and not have to worry about driving home. Elijah was working the front desk at the time - he was very hospitable and was able to offer what I felt was a great rate that solidified my decision to spend the night. The room was very spacious, clean and well presented with a king bed and an additional sofa bed. The lobby offered plenty of necessities for someone who had not necessarily planned to stay the night and there was a great breakfast set up the next morning also attended by very friendly staff. Should I ever find myself in need of a local hotel, I would most definitely make plans to return and I will most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that I can.

2 Thank Dennis C
Dear Dennis C,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. The fact that you took the time to post this review is truly appreciated by my staff and I. We gauge our success on our TripAdvisor ratings and we've managed to stay # 1 in West Orange since February of 2008 which is quite a feat considering some of the big box brands we compete with. Thank you for taking your valuable time and lettings us know how we're doing!
Silicon Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Was looking for a place to stay in the Montclair area and didn't want to spend a fortune, but did not want to lower my standards either. The hotel exceeded my expectations and the staff was awesome. Elijah and Courtney at the front desk went above and beyond the call of duty (even calling me to say that I'd left my computer recharger behind!). Not only would I go back, but I'm already planning my next stay. I recommend these guys without hesitation - the rooms are very clean, my floor was quiet and I was very pleased.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank travlr09
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear travlr09,
Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Your comments will surely be shared with the team and I too am delighted that you got your charger for your computer back. Please send me a private message so I may get your address and send you a "BIG FAN" suite upgrade certificate for your next trip! We love new guests!! Thank you for becoming a believer!

Ed Reagoso - General Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Not sure what the negative remarks are about this hotel but I really liked this hotel.
I do travel for business so I stay in many hotels.

The front desk were very nice and they were able to do an early check in
The room was very nice clean and big. Beds were very comfortable.
I did order room service which was delivered in under 15 min and the food was great!

The free breakfast was the best. I could not believe this was free. They had everything!
The check out was great as well and all the staff were very friendly.

I did not hear any loud noises and slept like a baby
Thank you!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the best