“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have nothing but rave reviews for the hotel. The staff is super friendly and extremely accommodating to my various requests. I have been staying at this hotel on an as needed basis for the past several years and I am always amazed at the beautiful furniture, the luxurious accommodations and the new chandeliers are the most exquisite crystal chandeliers that I have ever seen. I have also booked meetings at this hotel and the prices are very competitive and the qualify of the food is undeniably excellent. I often select chefs choice in order to save some money and the chef never ceases to impress me with his selections. I would highly recommend this hotel for over night stays as well as for meetings or even a family meal. The lounge is welcoming and the menu is diverse and reasonably priced and the bar is staffed with professional well trained bar tenders. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Not to mention that this is a great place to host a party even a wedding.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Angela T,

Thank you so very much for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Your opinion is so very appreciated and the fact that you've memorialized this on TripAdvisor speaks volumes. Please drop by and say hello on your next trip. I would love to take the opportunity to thank you in person.

Ed Reagoso, general manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I thought the cost was high for an over night stay ($250) but it ended up being worth it. It was clean and very close to the Regency catering hall.
The next day was mothers day and they had a continental breakfast that was satisfying.
I also left my $400 tux there and didnt realize it until a month latter. When I called they still had it!
if this had been a cheaper place that suit would've been gone.
I'm glad we decided to spend the extra money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi Manuel R,
Thank you greatly for posting this wonderful review. I found your comment that you're cheap humorous, I hope you don't mind. There is a difference between cheaper hotels and the higher priced for sure. I like to believe we're in the middle somewhere. p.s. I don't think you're cheap, I think your'e a discerning guest that wants a good value for the price paid. That does not equate to cheap. I am happy we exceeded your expectation!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I travel quite a bit for business and am always looking for hotels that I feel are fair priced and go the extra mile. The Wilshire Grand Hotel is like a home away from home for me. Not only is it reasonably priced, they make you feel like a king. The staff is exceptional and will take care of any issues immediately. The rooms are great and the entire hotel is very clean. I've been to some business conferences at the Wilshire as well and the meeting rooms are spectacular. The restaurant is very good. Not many places in New Jersey at this price range deliver like the Wilshire Grand.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Darren,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. As a repeat guest your review means an awful lot to us at The Wilshire Grand Hotel. We've discussed it and you know how I feel about it. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to post this fine review!

See you soon!

Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently hosted an all day meeting for about 100 people at this hotel. All aspects of the planning and execution were well done. Communication throughout the process of organizing the meeting was excellent. The AV setup was as promised. The food was very good. The staff was very helpful when issues arose. I would highly recommend the conference center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Eric W
Dear Eric W,

Thank you for posting this great review on TripAdvisor. It is much appreciated as we gauge our success in the hospitality business on TripAdvisor reviews. I personally believe that TripAdvisor is the "go to" review portal for all fresh, verified guest reviews. Thank you again and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future! And do contact me upon booking your next meeting so I may offer a special amenity with your next coffee break to thank you for your loyalty!
Ed Reagoso, general manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am a meeting planner and I use this hotel often, when a north venue is required. There is space for both large and smaller seminars. Meeting room rates are extremely fair. The staff is extremely conducive to our needs and they keep us coming back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Abby H
Dear Abby H,

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. My staff and I truly appreciate the time you have taken to critique our facility and services. Please contact me directly upon booking your next event and I will provide a special coffee break surprise for your next function as a Thank you for your kind loyalty.

Osterville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed for 2 nights at the hotel this past weekend. The room was very comfortable and pleasant and had all amenities one could want. I also enjoyed very much the restaurant where the food was excellent. I plan to stay there in the future when I visit West Orange, NJ.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mary C
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Mary C,
Thanks for posting your terrific review on TripAdvisor. We love it when we have a guest says everything was perfect, especially a weekend guest. We've heard some flack lately due to a specific groups issues and are in a bit of recovery mode because we lost our # 1 slot with TripAdvisor since February 2008. With guests like you posting how great things went, we'll be back on top in no time! Thank you again from myself and my team!!
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I had a great experience at the Wilshire... I wish we got to stay longer than the one night we had originally booked for. Very clean room, comfortable bedding and perfect environment. We had a wonderful time at the Wilshire. The staff were very pleasant and we simply did not have a single complaint.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank D D
Dear D D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We measure our success on this review platform and my team truly works assertively to keep everyone happy. Please know that my staff and I truly appreciate this great review! We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Orange
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!