“Great High School Reunion Base”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Castro Valley
“Great High School Reunion Base”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

On our road trip to return to New Jersey for a High School Reunion, this was the best hotel in the whole trip. The things I look for are friendly helpful staff, clean spacious room with comfortable bed, hot shower with thick soft towels, quiet at night and close self-parking. The Wilshire Grand has it all! And the breakfast was a great assortment including bacon. Our favorite person was Mercedes the bartender, fun and helped me figure out a feature on my cell phone. And not too far from New York City without the NY hassles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Stephen B,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Know that we really do strive to be the very best we can and the very best in West Orange. Your memorializing your satisfaction regarding your recent stay is truly appreciated and will be shared with my team. I will be sure to let Mercedes in Primavera know of your comments as well. I thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Graciously,
Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have been guests at the Wilshire Grand Hotel whenever we visited the NY Metropolitan area over the past 10 years. We always enjoy the excellent service and accommodations. As we reminisced about our special attraction to the hotel, we realized there is one very special employee who routinely exceeds all our expectations of the high performance standards and exceptional work ethic we have come to admire about the Wilshire's team of employees. Florence, the breakfast operations manager, deserves special recognition and reward for her model performance as a "World Class" employee. So, please continue to do everything possible to keep and reward Florence for her excellent work. Thank you.
From Dallas, TX

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Lester W,

Thank you so much for pointing out Florence's workmanship. She's been with me for several years and there aren't enough truly loyal associates like Florence. I will be sure she is mad aware of your comments and she'll be rewarded for her performance. Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you again very soon!
Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The WIlshire Grand Hotel has luxurious accomodations in their suites. We stayed there the night of our wedding. We were able to check in earlier than planned. The staff was very nice to move things around for us to have the room earlier than anticipated. The suite was large, spacious and comfortable. We were pleased with our stay there for one night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear CSJTParker,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to be chosen as the place to kick start your new life together! Your kind words are truly appreciated and will always mean everything to myself and my team.

Ed Reagoso-General Manager
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My experience with holding business meetings along with accommodations for my sales staff have exceeded expectations. My company switched to The Wilshire Grand after a disappointing experience at a competing property.
And a special shout out to Jac'lynn Johnson who went over and beyond to help make my meetings a success.
Thank you!

Scott M. Larkin
Senior VP Sales & Marketing
LycoRed Corp.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms
Green Features: The hotel is always clean and well stocked. Maid service is done in a timely and efficient manor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Scott,

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. As you know, my team and I work diligently to insure we're # 1 with TripAdvisor. Your great review will help us get back to our deserved spot and stay number 1 in West Orange. Your review will be shared with my team and again I thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay! Stayed in the suite and was very clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. Great little getaway. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted very nicely and the room was just beautiful.

• Stayed March 2014
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Jennifer V,

Thank you kindly for posting this terrific review on TripAdvisor. Unlike other hotels in the area you should have the pleasure of knowing that your comments are being listened and responded to by a member of the ownership here at The Wilshire Grand Hotel. Not only is this not the norm for most hotels but it's also indicative to how much we truly care. Try getting a response from a competitors owner...it probably won't happen. It doesn't mean they don't care...it just means we care more. We care more because we are completely independent as well as locally owned and operated. This is our business and every comment is reviewed with our team and owners. It is our gauge for service success. Thank you for keeping us informed and for your treasured loyalty!
Ed Reagoso, General Manager and Ownership Member
Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Jac’lynn, the Meetings and Conventions Sales Manager, was especially attentive, helpful, and responsive to details and needed room arrangements, in making our training conference a success. Participants gave high ratings to the locale and food served.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NJnetworker
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear NJnetworker,

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review. I know Jac'Lynn will appreciate it as well when she sees it. We take great pride in our meeting venue standards and having you memorialize your satisfaction with TripAdvisor does us well. I thank you as well as my team mates and look forward to doing business in the future with you. Be sure to inquire about our Stash Reward points now being offered on meeting dollars spent!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Visited for my Niece's Bat Mitzvah, many relatives and friends were also hotel guests. Large rooms, nicely over-decorated, decent amenities, good breakfast, and overall good service. Was surprised there was no pool or hot tub at that price point. My special thanks to one of the night staff at the front desk, Wadiah, who was extremely helpful and reassuring helping me solve a problem charging my smart phone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amh210
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear amh210,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking some personal time to make us aware of your satisfaction. We are considering a pool but truth be told we don't want to do it half baked. When and if, we will choose to do an indoor pool so it may be used all year. In my mind it just doesn't make sense to spend a hundred thousand dollars on a pool for use a few months a year. I will also be sure that Wadiah is made aware of your kind comments. I know personally that she'll appreciate it as much as I do.

Ed Reagoso, General Manager
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!