“50th Birthday Celebration”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I couldn't let another day go by without publically acknowledging the staff and management of the Wilshire Grand Hotel. In June 2014, we had a FABULOUS 50th birthday celebration for my sister. The most important thing to me was that my sister was HAPPY with her party and the staff at the Wilshire delivered. The staff was amazing and professional, the catering from the Primavera Restaurant was phenomenal. The event was a HUGE success, my sister and our guests were extremely happy. Kudos to Travis and Jac'lynn!! Travis you delivered what you promised and knocked it out of the park. Jac'lynn, your guidance prior and during the event was priceless. I would definitely recommend this venue for a special event, you will NOT be disappointed!!. .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon H
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Sharon H,

Thank you kindly for posting this wonderful review. The time and effort on your part is truly appreciated by my team and I. Rest assured I will share your comments with both Jac'Lynn and Travis! We look forward to your next event and thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This could be a nice hotel. The rooms are fine, they have a nice patio, and the staff are friendly. Unfortunately, the hotel caters to wedding guests and they are loud and obnoxious. We stayed here while visiting relatives for two nights. The first night, we had loud people next door who partied in their room until 4:00 AM. The front desk staff promised us they would not put guests near our room the second night so we could have some peace and quiet. But it happened again. Strongly recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cloudy Comet,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It's unfortunate that a handful of guests can be inconsiderate and irritate other kind guests enough to leave a poor review yet I understand your reasoning for posting such a review. It's not often but there are times when visiting friends and relatives staying at the hotel, or any hotel for that matter will stay up late after a night of libations and will make enough noise to create friction and dissatisfaction for several. Especially after attending a wedding. We do post signs and keep security close by. Fortunately this isn't a regular thing. I am sorry to hear this happened. I believe for accuracy it's worth mentioning to readers however that we did in fact appropriately adjust your bill at check out when the issue was brought up. Feel free to contact me directly at 862-252-8440 to discuss the matter further if you like and once again, please accept my personal apology.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here overnight while attending a wedding. Room was nice and spacious. Bathroom was quiet as far as not hearing what was going on in it while others were in the bedroom area. The shower head kept getting water on the floor past the curtain, couldn't stop it. Towels were pretty rough. Didn't like to see a surge protector hanging in mid air between the mini fridge and little table. Made me think I was at a second rate hotel. There was trash on the floor for nearly 24 hours before it was picked up. Same with someone's room service tray; sat there for a while. Wasn't much info regarding the hotel in the hotel binder, mostly just local menus. I didn't even see a menu for the restaurant on site. Fitness room, well don't expect too much. Some small towels would have been better than a paper towel dispenser as far as sweat is concerned. The breakfast was ok. I stayed at a Hyatt Place where they had hot scrambled eggs vs. the hard boiled eggs and many more items with a better grade of coffee at a lesser rate. Nicely landscaped. Ate out on the patio off the breakfast room...very pleasant. Scones were good. Staff was moderately friendly and I liked the free shuttle to and from the venue of the wedding.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ternick

Dear Ternick,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is unfortunate we didn't hear of the shower head issue or the refuse on the floor near your room until now. It's always an advantage to hear of these things before checkout so we can address them while it's still fresh, while also giving us an opportunity to do the right thing for the guest regardless of how urgent or minor the issue might seem at the time. If it leaves a guest feeling less than delighted - it bothers us! Please contact me directly so I may have the chance to deal with your expectations swiftly and professionally. Any rating less than excellent is a negative rating to us. I may be reached at 862-252-8440 should you be kind enough to speak with me.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

On our road trip to return to New Jersey for a High School Reunion, this was the best hotel in the whole trip. The things I look for are friendly helpful staff, clean spacious room with comfortable bed, hot shower with thick soft towels, quiet at night and close self-parking. The Wilshire Grand has it all! And the breakfast was a great assortment including bacon. Our favorite person was Mercedes the bartender, fun and helped me figure out a feature on my cell phone. And not too far from New York City without the NY hassles.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen B,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Know that we really do strive to be the very best we can and the very best in West Orange. Your memorializing your satisfaction regarding your recent stay is truly appreciated and will be shared with my team. I will be sure to let Mercedes in Primavera know of your comments as well. I thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Graciously,
Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have been guests at the Wilshire Grand Hotel whenever we visited the NY Metropolitan area over the past 10 years. We always enjoy the excellent service and accommodations. As we reminisced about our special attraction to the hotel, we realized there is one very special employee who routinely exceeds all our expectations of the high performance standards and exceptional work ethic we have come to admire about the Wilshire's team of employees. Florence, the breakfast operations manager, deserves special recognition and reward for her model performance as a "World Class" employee. So, please continue to do everything possible to keep and reward Florence for her excellent work. Thank you.
From Dallas, TX

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Lester W,

Thank you so much for pointing out Florence's workmanship. She's been with me for several years and there aren't enough truly loyal associates like Florence. I will be sure she is mad aware of your comments and she'll be rewarded for her performance. Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The WIlshire Grand Hotel has luxurious accomodations in their suites. We stayed there the night of our wedding. We were able to check in earlier than planned. The staff was very nice to move things around for us to have the room earlier than anticipated. The suite was large, spacious and comfortable. We were pleased with our stay there for one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear CSJTParker,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to be chosen as the place to kick start your new life together! Your kind words are truly appreciated and will always mean everything to myself and my team.

Ed Reagoso-General Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My experience with holding business meetings along with accommodations for my sales staff have exceeded expectations. My company switched to The Wilshire Grand after a disappointing experience at a competing property.
And a special shout out to Jac'lynn Johnson who went over and beyond to help make my meetings a success.
Thank you!

Scott M. Larkin
Senior VP Sales & Marketing
LycoRed Corp.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms