“Wow! Great Accomodations.”

GreenLeadersGold level
SE PA
“Wow! Great Accomodations.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

We were blown away by this hotel: very clean, large rooms, comfy beds, reasonably priced. They even had a full complimentary breakfast! A sign posted in the lobby requires guests to be considerate during evening hours; A " No Tolerance Policy". FINALLY, a hotel staff who truly care about the clients' good night rest. A must stay place when in the Montclair area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear Jack,

Simply said "Thanks for noticing" our attention to detail and the concern we have for every guests "good nights sleep."

Edward Reagoso, General Manager & Ownership Member
The Wilshire Grand Hotel, West Orange - New Jersey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

My first trip to this area for business and in reading reviews that were negative about this hotel had me concerned BUT they are unfounded in my opinion. I do travel quite a bit of traveling and am probably more critical of hotels then most so I do not often or readily give out 5 stars or recommendations unless it was truly the experience. Everything from the front desk to the room, etc. met my expectations of a top hotel! When I checked out and was picked up by a business associate, my bag accidentally feel out of the car as we drove off. We could not find it, the staff came out and helped but again the suitcase could not be found. I got a call from Kwaku at the hotel that the bag was found in the parking lot, turned in and the hotel wanted to make arrangements to get it to me! Kwaku and the staff went out of their way to help me get back the bag--with the utmost professionalism and attentiveness!

Again, thank you very much, and I will most definitely speak highly of your services and the hotel and the Whilshire will be my hotel when traveling in the area!
12-7-10 David

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
David,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm happy to report to you that I was not even aware of this until after the fact. I am delighted my staff acted with compassion & professionalism. Though it's often thought in our business that this kind of action comes natural, I would disagree. I believe it's a work in progress and thanks to comments like yours it affirms our place in the market.

We are a small business with no international "big brand" backing. So I remain delighted to tell you that we have remained # 1 in West Orange on TripAdvisor since February 2008 up against some big players.

Thank you for staying with us & letting me know "how we're doing."

Edward Reagoso, General Manager & Ownership Member
The Wilshire Grand Hotel, West Orange - New Jersey
new york, new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

Just had an affair at this hotel and had over 25 rooms booked with family and friends coming from all over the place. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful from the front desk people to Nelsey who held my hand the whole time during the booking process of setting this up and making sure everything worked out fine. Rooms were great and I can't thank Nelsey and the staff at this hotel enough for making this special night go off without a hitch.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

I worked with Nelsy to book a block of 20 rooms for my overnight wedding guests. She was awesome to work with and made it easy since I live 2 hrs away. They had a free shuttle for my guests and the rooms were very nice. I highly suggest staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

We had our wedding at the Wilshire Grand Caterers so of course we booked a block of rooms at the Hotel. Nelsy, the sales manager, was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. She was able to address any concerns we may have had. The guests loved the rooms. They are all clean and roomy. And the free breakfast was a big hit. A s a side note, Anne and the team at the Wilshire Grand Caterers and Julio and his staff at the Primavera Restaurant in the Hotel made our wedding weekend absolutely spectatcular!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

Loved this place! I was there for one night for a wedding in the area. The room was large and the beds were amazingly comfy! The bathroom was big and the lotion and shampoo smelled soooo good!
The have breakfast in the morning which is nice and it is convenient to all hiways in the area.
The front desk was friendly and I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Very clean and well maintained. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were a bit small, but perfectly cleaned and maintained. Beds and pillows were okay Bathroom was really nice, with super fluffy towels. Kids got a kick out of having a phone in the bathroom. Standard fridge and TV/Cable. "Full breakfast" was just an average continental breakfast. Waffle maker and egg burritos, along with usual breads/bagels. Sitting area was very loud for some reason, but plenty of seating.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!