“Movies are great; Servers need training”

AMC Dine-In Theatres Essex Green 9
East Orange, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Movies are great; Servers need training”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My family loves attending this theater because the seats are extremely comfortable. We also enjoy having food and drinks while watching our movie. This was an awesome idea and the location is great as well.

I have two gripes, however, one of which is the lack of customer service training. I understand many of the servers are young but their nonchalant demeanor can be a turn off sometimes. Also the last time we went, the movie had started and our server had not greeted us yet he was serving other patrons. I had to press the call button to get him to come to our section. After that we had to wait a long time for our beverages.

My second issue is the fact that they carry the food from the kitchen which is at the front ALL THE WAY to the back to some of the theaters. They have to walk through the lobby past other patrons all while navigation an open tray of food and drinks. This may just be me but I find they should have covers on the trays since they are walking it through the lobby. For this reason I have elected to eat at Friday's or somewhere else first then go to see my movie. The drinks are great though I must say.

Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Valentines Weekend was busy”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The theater was clean and the food good. Being that it was a snowy Valentines weekend there was a big crowd at the bar waiting for theaters to open. Food came out really fast but beverages came out so slow... too slow actually, almost after the meal. But I will go again as its a good spot and I really enjoy the AMC Dine in concept.

Visited February 2014
West Orange, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our favorite theater.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Is it like dining at a five-star restaurant? Absolutely not. But the food is pretty decent and certainly on-par if not superior to the TGIFriday's in the parking lot. Sitting in bit comfy seats that recline is the best. The only thing they need to figure out is how to keep the servers from interrupting your movie-going experience when they deliver the food and when they bring the check. The former there's really little they can do without an architectural redesign (like sunken serving lanes) but the latter would be vastly improved if they made monetary experience 100% digital.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jonathan G
Boonton, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good movie experience”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We really enjoyed our movie going experience here. It was nice to have some food and a couple cocktails while watching a movie. The seats are very comfortable, spacious, and they recline, which is an added bonus. The menu is very diverse and the food quality is pretty good. The service is good, friendly and fast. The theater and bathrooms were clean. We will be coming here again to watch movies.

Visited January 2014
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Waste of money”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This movie theater is very urban, over prices and disgusting. The bathrooms are filthy. The service is terrible. I've gone a few times but this was the last straw . I would not recommend anyone to come here. Ever! Save your money.