“Annoying Atmosphere”

AMC Dine-In Theatres Essex Green 9
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you really love films, don't see them at this site. The service during the film is intrusive even though the wait staff try to be respectful of viewers and their reason for being there. The constant low light needed for the service is a bit annoying. If you want to eat and watch films, get a large screen TV and stay home.

The best thing about these theatres is that they accommodate the West Orange Classic Film Festival. However, the films could be better appreciated in a real theatre, not some combination of a burger joint with alcohol and a cinema.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was my first time at this dine-in theater. It was a lot of fun to sit in such comfortable reclining arm chairs and have your dinner served. It was more expensive than I thought it would be but it is fun to do once in a while. The food was good but I did get sick afterwards. It could have been a coincidence but I probably won't eat there again. I would go just to see a movie though.

1  Thank Lin533
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My family loves attending this theater because the seats are extremely comfortable. We also enjoy having food and drinks while watching our movie. This was an awesome idea and the location is great as well.

I have two gripes, however, one of which is the lack of customer service training. I understand many of the servers are young but their nonchalant demeanor can be a turn off sometimes. Also the last time we went, the movie had started and our server had not greeted us yet he was serving other patrons. I had to press the call button to get him to come to our section. After that we had to wait a long time for our beverages.

My second issue is the fact that they carry the food from the kitchen which is at the front ALL THE WAY to the back to some of the theaters. They have to walk through the lobby past other patrons all while navigation an open tray of food and drinks. This may just be me but I find they should have covers on the trays since they are walking it through the lobby. For this reason I have elected to eat at Friday's or somewhere else first then go to see my movie. The drinks are great though I must say.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The theater was clean and the food good. Being that it was a snowy Valentines weekend there was a big crowd at the bar waiting for theaters to open. Food came out really fast but beverages came out so slow... too slow actually, almost after the meal. But I will go again as its a good spot and I really enjoy the AMC Dine in concept.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Is it like dining at a five-star restaurant? Absolutely not. But the food is pretty decent and certainly on-par if not superior to the TGIFriday's in the parking lot. Sitting in bit comfy seats that recline is the best. The only thing they need to figure out is how to keep the servers from interrupting your movie-going experience when they deliver the food and when they bring the check. The former there's really little they can do without an architectural redesign (like sunken serving lanes) but the latter would be vastly improved if they made monetary experience 100% digital.

1  Thank Jonathan G