“Great”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Carrollton, Georgia
“Great”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Great staff and very helpful with questions about travel and bus/subway!! We had lots of questions, and they were so helpful to get directions and maps for us. We went to NYC and needed to know best route. They were very willing to call car service also. Great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Robert W, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Holly P., thank you for your wonderful response via Trip Advisor for your July stay. Your comments about our staff were so wonderful, and appreciated by all! Best wishes for a lovely balance to 2013 to you! Regards, Rob Walker.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for few nights. My partner and i were visiting in the area. The hotel is in close proximity to everything. Restaurant, the Movie theatre us right next door. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again. We had a small issue whereby something was broken in the room and the hotel addressed the issue right away. We were very pleased.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Churchville, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

If you're going to visit Seton Hall, it is a great location to stay. Easy trip to university, without having to deal with Newark related traffic. Room was fine, although pullout was quite noisy every-time daughter moved. There is complimentary coffee, but food, latte style drinks and alcohol are only available via the pricey food vendor. Staff was very polite and accommodating. Grounds are well maintained. Price is comparable to most. Nothing makes me go ahhhhh, but nothing would prevent me from staying again because of convenient location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2013

If you're going to the West Orange area, I'd definitely recommend the Courtyard by Marriott. Enjoyed a weekend there recently. The staff is outstanding, from check-in to check-out, the folks who work in the Bistro are very good, housekeepers are thorough and efficient, and the front desk people are very accommodating and helpful with local directions. The room was very clean and everything worked exactly as it should. This will definitely be my hotel choice for any future trips to the West Orange area.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with a balcony facing the courtyard area.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gdadtraveling
Robert W, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope to see you again soon! Rob Walker
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spoke with management about a few issues--loose cable connection that rendered HBO difficult to hear; leaking faucet when running water in bathroom; and drain that stuck. That being said, the room was clean, comfortable, and close to where I needed to be for the weekend. And they've put back the free coffee in the lobby.

Room Tip: Location in the hotel did not matter to me.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are so grateful when our very valuable guests take the time to provide us with feedback, as we use that as the very fabric of our ongoing training efforts, towards continuous improvement. Again, on behalf of all of us at the West Orange Courtyard by Marriott, we thank you, and hope to see you again soon! Rob Walker, GM
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I just loved the place. Everyone was so nice, I thought I was in a southern hospitality state instead of Northern NJ (I'm from NJ so I'm allowed to say that!) Lakeisha, Josie, and Anna took great care of me in the cafe. And the desk help couldn't have been nicer. They even helped get me a better price than I had reserved because I'm a AAA member. Tucked away in the corner of a shopping center, which is actually kind of convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Please forgive the tardy response, but thank you for your wonderful comments! We are so grateful you chose to stay with us! Rob Walker, GM
montreal
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The Courtyard is a wonderful hotel-I so enjoyed my stay there. The staff is the best you can ever find-from Martha Gill to Alex & Monyetta (spelling)-the customer service is outstanding!
The rooms are fabulous . The bistro is also excellent. It's clean & the rooms are so spacious-altogether a fabulous hotel. I can't wait to go back and stay again!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are excellent-no worries.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Robert W, General Manager at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for your very kind evaluation on Trip Advisor. Collectively, we are most grateful for your business, and hope to see you again soon!

Rob Walker, GM
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk

Been to Courtyard West Orange? Share your experiences!