“Fantastic!”

Courtyard West Orange
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Reviewed 2 December 2013

It was very clean and quiet. The decor was fresh and newly done to today's taste. The bathroom was large and well put together. We had a great time and were only half hour from Time Square. I recommend it without hesitation. A+ 10/10

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Maria S I, Director of Sales at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hello Collette,

I am glad you had a great time during your stay in our hotel. Thank you very much for your review.

Happy Holidays!
Maria

Reviewed 21 November 2013

On the plus side is the friendliness of the employees during this visit. Minus is the bedding. I am not a restless sleeper, but how the mattress pad can get so wrinkled and the bottom sheet become so uncomfortable in a few short hours is beyond me. Very slow service in the morning for breakfast, which proved to be a tasty although pricey yoghurt parfait, with the container only half full. The location was good for the purpose of my trip, but probably will look around for next trip, mostly due to the very uncomfortable nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Maria S I, Director of Sales at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad that the hotel fit the purpose of your trip. I will share your comment about the bed with the housekeeping department to address the mattress pad issue.
We will be glad to welcome you again at the Courtyard West Orange.
Enjoy the Holidays!

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The rooms in this hotel are very nice, and clean, with comfortable beds. The lobby is nice but horribly smelly. They are cooking and frying in the lobby all the time. Do not waste time or money on the inferior breakfast which is not complementary. There is a nice Panera near by.
It is a great location if you have business in west orange or at Seton Hall.

Spend as little time as possible in the lobby.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Maria S I, Director of Sales at Courtyard West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I will talk to the department involved to make sure they take care of the smell in the lobby. I really appreciate you feedback.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The lobby and the hallways smelled like fried fish and rancid oil. Some staff members were rude. No signage from the road and the neon had missing letters. The bed was comfortable but the room décor was tacky and outdated. The Wi-Fi was terrible.

Room Tip: "Don't pay the Marriot price, this is a Howard Johnson - a bad Howard Johnsons
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth V

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your stay. I will follow up with the kitchen regarding the fish smell. I am pretty sure we do not have a fish product in our menu. If you are coming to the area again, please contact me at 973-669-4725 and I will personally take care of your reservation and make sure you have a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a courtyard...like all other courtyards, which is not a bad thing. One of the reasons I like them is that they are reliable. Unfortunately, the rooms are a bit dingy and showing their age. Biggest frustration was extremely slow, unreliable wi-fi. I ran a speed check and found it to be dreadful. I think this chain should think abut at least improving the wi-fi experience for their elite members...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We spent a wonderful night at the hotel. New lobby was fantastic as was the room on first floor. I loved the high ceiling in the room. Best of all were the 2 agents at front desk, Monyette and Cristine. They were so helpful and charming. One even moved her car so that I could park closer to the entrance! Will visit again when in area.

Room Tip: first floor for sure because of the ceiling height
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the weekend while I attended a wedding. The staff was very friendly during check-in. The room was clean. The lobby looked nice. I would also say that the location was good as well. The first night we stayed the noise in the hallway and neighboring rooms was almost unbearable. I think I got a couple of hours sleep that night. The walls are paper thin. I could hear the neighbors conversations like they were in my room. Of course it is standard to have a kid or two racing down the hallway but it sounded like a herd of elephants in my room. I guess they had an excited soccer team staying in the hotel that night. I have never stayed in a hotel that did not have a continental breakfast. I think that should be an option for the price paid to stay at this hotel. I think if the noise factor wasn't so bothersome and there was a complimentary breakfast, I would rate this hotel higher. Front desk should provide earplugs.

Room Tip: Maybe stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford

Been to Courtyard West Orange? Share your experiences!